Escalating Terrorist Events

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Escalating Terrorist Events

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Great! Now you are directly at odds with what the most violent and aggressive people in those countries believe so fiercely they are willing to kill you and themselves over. Now what?
help the more moderate muslims / arabs to take and keep control from the more extreme of them?
What do you think we have been trying for the past 4 decades? Are you happy with the results?
blowing a country to hell, then pulling back, while there is a lack of any sort of leadership, seems to be what we do most often? where have we come in to support a more moderate leadership into power and give them the means to retain that power?
Blowing to hell? Really? What percentage of our military might do you think we use to bomb terrorist nations? We use the smallest weapons possible, and use them with expensive precision guidance systems. That is why it was a big deal when we finally dropped a Moab on that cave network.

If we wanted it blown to hell, it would be. And yes, we are ALWAYS trying to install moderate Muslims. This is why the extremists hate us.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I presume you 100% agree with Foo's false statement.
I do
Name me the middle eastern country that has functioning laws but also allows Christians to be killed without repercussions. Where it is literally legal to kill a Christian.

Because that's what Foo is stating. Not that Christians face persecution (they do) and harsh coditions (they do) and that they will likely face a risk of death by terrorists or others. Those are all valid problems. But that's not the assertion. His assertion, that YOU agree with, is that there are countries where it is legal and justifiable to murder a Christian.

I can name 1 country that allows execution of Christians.
200,000 Christians have been killed over the last two years due to their faith.
As I said, that is not your assertion. You made the much more extreme assertion that in "those places" a Christian could be killed and it would have no negative consequences.

Whereas the reality is that ISIS and other terrorist groups have targeted Christians, Boko Haram has killed loads of Christians. But they aren't doing so legally, nor with any government support.

As I said. there is 1 country I know of that literally allows Christians to be put to death for owning a Bible. And its no in the Middle East. Or in Africa.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
I do
Name me the middle eastern country that has functioning laws but also allows Christians to be killed without repercussions. Where it is literally legal to kill a Christian.

Because that's what Foo is stating. Not that Christians face persecution (they do) and harsh coditions (they do) and that they will likely face a risk of death by terrorists or others. Those are all valid problems. But that's not the assertion. His assertion, that YOU agree with, is that there are countries where it is legal and justifiable to murder a Christian.

As I said, that is not your assertion. You made the much more extreme assertion that in "those places" a Christian could be killed and it would have no negative consequences.

Whereas the reality is that ISIS and other terrorist groups have targeted Christians, Boko Haram has killed loads of Christians. But they aren't doing so legally, nor with any government support.

As I said. there is 1 country I know of that literally allows Christians to be put to death for owning a Bible. And its no in the Middle East. Or in Africa.
Does the death of a non Muslim carry the same weight as a Muslim clearly it doesn't.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Great! Now you are directly at odds with what the most violent and aggressive people in those countries believe so fiercely they are willing to kill you and themselves over. Now what?
help the more moderate muslims / arabs to take and keep control from the more extreme of them?
What do you think we have been trying for the past 4 decades? Are you happy with the results?
blowing a country to hell, then pulling back, while there is a lack of any sort of leadership, seems to be what we do most often? where have we come in to support a more moderate leadership into power and give them the means to retain that power?
Blowing to hell? Really? What percentage of our military might do you think we use to bomb terrorist nations? We use the smallest weapons possible, and use them with expensive precision guidance systems. That is why it was a big deal when we finally dropped a Moab on that cave network.

If we wanted it blown to hell, it would be. And yes, we are ALWAYS trying to install moderate Muslims. This is why the extremists hate us.
which are these "terrorist countries" ?

isn't pulling out without any kind of actual leadership, in iraq, the way that isis came to power, more or less? maybe i need to look into this better.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

isn't pulling out without any kind of actual leadership, in iraq, the way that isis came to power, more or less? maybe i need to look into this better.
Surely I do not need to list the nations in which we have had to perform military operations in to attack terror cells when you are clearly on the internet.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
I do

Does the death of a non Muslim carry the same weight as a Muslim clearly it doesn't.
To you? Fair enough. I guess if you want to think of Muslim's as less worthy of life than others, that's your call... Seems pretty fucked up to me.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Surely I do not need to list the nations in which we have had to perform military operations in to attack terror cells when you are clearly on the internet.
i guess i make some distinction between terror groups and the leadership of the countries in which those groups carried out their terror.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

In Iraq we helped the moderates there draft a constitution, set up a temporary government, hold elections, and supported them in both installingbthe new government and improving the infrastructure.

What else can you do?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
I do

To you? Fair enough. I guess if you want to think of Muslim's as less worthy of life than others, that's your call... Seems pretty fucked up to me.
? You might want to reread that last text old boy I said the death of a non Muslim
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Is making semantic distinctions preventing terror attacks?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Seb gonna go to bed fuming from the horrifying misread of Tigg's post. :lol:
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Is making semantic distinctions preventing terror attacks?
no. has any of the posts made by you or i prevented any terror attack? since we're gonna be silly about the whole thing, now. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
no. has any of the posts made by you or i prevented any terror attack? since we're gonna be silly about the whole thing, now. :P
so who gives a shit if you call nations full of terrorists who cannot police it and seemingly encourage it a "terrorist nation"?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
so who gives a shit if you call nations full of terrorists who cannot police it and seemingly encourage it a "terrorist nation"?
it's up to you. *shrug*
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:Seb gonna go to bed fuming from the horrifying misread of Tigg's post. :lol:
Last thought Tigg said muslims life don't mean shit..
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Seb gonna go to bed fuming from the horrifying misread of Tigg's post. :lol:
Amazing.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Amazing.
Sebs last thought not mine I don't think that
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Amazing.
Sebs last thought not mine I don't think that
I know. :lol:
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I was a bit confused why he sounded so racist out of the blue. I get he meant the other way and assumed he could speak for others. All sensible now.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

In my defense, his language was not clear.