Government's role in your healthcare

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Government's role in your healthcare

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:it's good that we don't have any problems, in the united states, regarding people receiving healthcare.
Freedom means people have choices. Choices are not without problems.

If someone chooses to not work and not have insurance, and thus cannot afford care, is that really an issue society needs to tackle?
yeah, people should have choice. people have the choice to not hire someone on to work. does that mean that someone is choosing not to work?
Yes. I have never heard of a single situation where an unemployed person was doing whatever it takes to find work.

Don't get me wrong, I hear plenty of half-assed tales where someone is "doing their best", which is obviously not enough.

Three types of people:

1. Those who try
2. Those who do their best
3. Those who do whatever it takes
fair enough. those people are making the choice to starve and die. that's a choice that someone would make for themselves.
Amazing how easily people will let go when there is a safety net under them and how hard they hold on when there isn't.
has society become like the ledge of a building, then? i hope there's no tweety bird. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:it's good that we don't have any problems, in the united states, regarding people receiving healthcare.
Freedom means people have choices. Choices are not without problems.

If someone chooses to not work and not have insurance, and thus cannot afford care, is that really an issue society needs to tackle?
yeah, people should have choice. people have the choice to not hire someone on to work. does that mean that someone is choosing not to work?
Yes. I have never heard of a single situation where an unemployed person was doing whatever it takes to find work.

Don't get me wrong, I hear plenty of half-assed tales where someone is "doing their best", which is obviously not enough.

Three types of people:

1. Those who try
2. Those who do their best
3. Those who do whatever it takes
fair enough. those people are making the choice to starve and die. that's a choice that someone would make for themselves.
Amazing how easily people will let go when there is a safety net under them and how hard they hold on when there isn't.
has society become like the ledge of a building, then? i hope there's no tweety bird. :P
Society has become a cesspool of people lounging in the safety net and riding around walmart in scooters.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Society has become a cesspool of people lounging in the safety net and riding around walmart in scooters.
capitalism and government are both failing us, then? :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I firmly believe Foo is going to roundhouse kick some poor old fuck off his scooter while shopping at Wal Mart some day. It's on his mind in some capacity. :lol:
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:I firmly believe Foo is going to roundhouse kick some poor old fuck off his scooter while shopping at Wal Mart some day. It's on his mind in some capacity. :lol:
If that motherfucker cuts in line, or scoots in and grabs the last of whatever Foo wanted? Holy shit! I want that filmed. :mrgreen:
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:I firmly believe Foo is going to roundhouse kick some poor old fuck off his scooter while shopping at Wal Mart some day. It's on his mind in some capacity. :lol:
More likely the young fuck who should be walking. The last thing most of those people need is exercise avoidance.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:
If that motherfucker cuts in line, or scoots in and grabs the last of whatever Foo wanted? Holy shit! I want that filmed. :mrgreen:
I sometimes wish you guys were around for my day to day interactions with people. It does have moments.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
I sometimes wish you guys were around for my day to day interactions with people. It does have moments.
When you get hitched, get the chica to cell-phone video that shit at least, my man.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
When you get hitched, get the chica to cell-phone video that shit at least, my man.
Could be very lucrative. People are making bank on YouTube these days.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
I feel like my version of SJW might be interesting. Confronting people who park in the fire lane of markets, people who do not return the cart to the corral, people who stand their wide body next to their shopping cart and then act all surprised when your loud ass cart needs to get by them, etc.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
I feel like my version of SJW might be interesting. Confronting people who park in the fire lane of markets, people who do not return the cart to the corral, people who stand their wide body next to their shopping cart and then act all surprised when your loud ass cart needs to get by them, etc.
Curb Your Enfoosiasm!
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Come join civilization. It's pleasant, honestly.

Also, if you get healthcare, maybe you could try maternity leave. One day it might be as good to be a mother in the US as it currently is in Swaziland.
I can work or not work any day I like. I don't need the government to give me permission. I am not begging the government to save me.

Are we men who control our destiny or are we sheep awaiting the slaughter? Your version of civilization is being a sheep in a bigger cage, but it is still a cage to those used to freedom. If you are used to being reliant upon society to pay for you, society paying for more is pretty appealing. Like the sheep getting an extra scoop of food from the farmer.
what freedoms do you have, that seb does not have?
I don't have to ask the government for healthcare. If I need a surgery or medicine, the government does not decide if I get it.
Sounds like me too so far.