October Challenge 2022 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: October Challenge 2022 Discussion Thread

Post by Jigsaw »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:24 pm
Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:59 pm New watch Deranged (1974)
I was expecting garbage but this turned out to be captivating and kinda disturbing . Very pleasant surprise.
I often hear it described as a cult classic. I've not seen it in over ten years, so I don't remember much about it, but it is one I need to revisit at some point.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I finally watched Curse of Michael Myers yesterday. I don't know why....but I quite enjoyed it. It's batshit. But I liked it lol.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:06 pm I need to check out Yoga Hosers. I put it on once but turned it off after 5 or 10 minutes
No, you don't. Keep that garbage away from your eyes.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 pm That was actually better than expected. Still not good, but not the trash I was expecting.
Don't worry, Part 2 has you covered there.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

About to watch Mother of Tears for the first time. Re-read the plots of both Suspiria and Inferno just in case they're relevant (mainly to re-learn the names of the three witches), but not holding out hope that this will be as enjoyable as either of those two.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Watching Intruder, and I don't know how this has slipped by me all these years.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:07 pm
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 pm That was actually better than expected. Still not good, but not the trash I was expecting.
Don't worry, Part 2 has you covered there.
Sweet :yee:

I see Tuttle is back for it, so that's a plus. :heart:
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

That bandsaw kill was *chef's kiss*
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Due to the easy runtime, I just put on House on Haunted Hill before I go to bed.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jigsaw wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 pm About to watch Mother of Tears for the first time. Re-read the plots of both Suspiria and Inferno just in case they're relevant (mainly to re-learn the names of the three witches), but not holding out hope that this will be as enjoyable as either of those two.
Well, that was awful. My least-favorite Argento movie thus far. Shame, but not a surprise.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:10 pm
Jigsaw wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 pm About to watch Mother of Tears for the first time. Re-read the plots of both Suspiria and Inferno just in case they're relevant (mainly to re-learn the names of the three witches), but not holding out hope that this will be as enjoyable as either of those two.
Well, that was awful. My least-favorite Argento movie thus far. Shame, but not a surprise.
I remember thinking it was fine (though below par for Dario). That said, his Dracula adaption was the worst I've seen of his. Even Rutger Hauer couldn't save it.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

I remember Mother Of Tears getting convoluted and messy towards the last act. The build up was interesting, but they trip and fumble constantly throughout the finale.

Did you watch the Unrated version? Full cut is 102 minutes and those two minutes are mainly the gore scenes.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Havok wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:55 pm
I remember Mother Of Tears getting convoluted and messy towards the last act. The build up was interesting, but they trip and fumble constantly throughout the finale.

Did you watch the Unrated version? Full cut is 102 minutes and those two minutes are mainly the gore scenes.
My DVD copy is just 100 minutes. That said, it was decently gory, so if the extra two minutes is just more gore, I can't imagine that'd change my outlook much.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I watched that last October and thought it was good. Nice gore
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:31 am
Decent gore, sure. Shame everything else was a mess. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:19 pm
I remember thinking it was fine (though below par for Dario). That said, his Dracula adaption was the worst I've seen of his. Even Rutger Hauer couldn't save it.
I have heard how atrocious Dracula is. Luckily, I never plan on watching it in my life. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:15 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:31 am
Decent gore, sure. Shame everything else was a mess. :P
When it comes to Argento I have a very lenient grade curve for plot and acting :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:17 am
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:19 pm
I have heard how atrocious Dracula is. Luckily, I never plan on watching it in my life. :P
Yeah Dracula is his worst in my opinion
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

No movies today, so I'm behind by two, but maybe I can catch up over the next week.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Showerhead replaced, so now I finally get to start some movies today, starting with The Mortuary Collection.