What are you watching?

You can talk about anything here
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Reign in Blood »

We should group watch JFK, Jason has huge hard on for it too.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason and I are going to break the case. He was always a JFK guy, I didn’t start getting into it until COVID and I’ve read like 15 books on the subject since.

The rest of you need to watch the superb Oliver Stone documentary “JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass” and tell us with a straight face that the Warren Commission got it right. We’ll keep digging.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Headhunter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:49 pm Jason and I are going to break the case. He was always a JFK guy, I didn’t start getting into it until COVID and I’ve read like 15 books on the subject since.

The rest of you need to watch the superb Oliver Stone documentary “JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass” and tell us with a straight face that the Warren Commission got it right. We’ll keep digging.
*cracks knuckles*

Also Sirhan Sirhan was a Manchurian Candidate and couldn’t have possibly fired the shot that killed RFK point blank behind the ear from where he was standing several feet in front of him.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Reign in Blood wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:52 pm We should group watch JFK, Jason has huge hard on for it too.
Not this Saturday but next would be good for me. I own it on Amazon, one of the few digital movies I own on there.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:49 pm Jason and I are going to break the case. He was always a JFK guy, I didn’t start getting into it until COVID and I’ve read like 15 books on the subject since.

I'll be god damned. If JFK will bring you two slap dicks together for a bonding experience, 3 hours of those fucking illuminati gay orgy scenes will be worth it. I mean what? Fuck yeah!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:20 am

I'll be god damned. If JFK will bring you two slap dicks together for a bonding experience, 3 hours of those fucking illuminati gay orgy scenes will be worth it. I mean what? Fuck yeah!
Tbh Jason and I got along fine in the last year or two. I heard he doesn’t post here anymore because of some Facebook drama. Don’t know anything about it but he should come back, I have some ideas to bounce off him…
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:03 pm

Tbh Jason and I got along fine in the last year or two. I heard he doesn’t post here anymore because of some Facebook drama. Don’t know anything about it but he should come back, I have some ideas to bounce off him…
Yeah? Like How you two fucked up my team worse than Warren Sapp banging a Chinese hooker on the side of the fucking road. Assholes!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

A little birdie told me there was some JFKery going down.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Not sure where that came from. There was some extremely moderate facebook drama but I had long been away from HMF before that happened. I felt for years that the overall camaraderie involving us all had diminished drastically over time. I could sense animosity between a lot of us in the political boards that really started to take hold ever since Trump took office and it really disheartened me. I read back over some of those old posts some time ago and I kinda cringed at the way we talked to each other and the way I conducted myself in a lot of those exchanges. It reads differently when you're in the moment posting in a conversation than it does when you go back and revisit it. Reading some of the shit I posted seems to come off pretty mean when I went back and looked. My blunt sarcasm was always tongue in cheek and never meant to be serious, but this is the internet and it's hard to distinguish the true intention of a post or discussion so I'm well aware that a lot of the shit I posted was not interpreted the way I intended it to be.

I'm glad I reiterated this back in the day because it will always hold true... whatever anyone's politics are and whatever kind of exchange we get involved in will never make me think any less of anyone. Bums me out that some here might think less of me because of political talk, but it's equally disheartening to see the camaraderie die between the whole of us. That's the reason I pulled back from posting regularly.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:52 pm We should group watch JFK, Jason has huge hard on for it too.
Hard on is probably not exactly yuge for it, but it's definitely a good take on the assassination that I largely agree with. I've been wanting to revisit it lately since it's been a few years since my last viewing. And as it is, I might actually have December 17th to be able to watch this thing in a group sesh and be largely undisturbed (certainly better than having a group sesh of a Broncos game). So if we could wrangle a big enough group sesh, I can probably be there for it. I have the DVD after all (obviously).
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:31 pm

Yeah? Like How you two fucked up my team worse than Warren Sapp banging a Chinese hooker on the side of the fucking road. Assholes!
I told you guys about Russell the Rat years ago! It’s bleak.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:38 pm

Not sure where that came from. There was some extremely moderate facebook drama but I had long been away from HMF before that happened. I felt for years that the overall camaraderie involving us all had diminished drastically over time. I could sense animosity between a lot of us in the political boards that really started to take hold ever since Trump took office and it really disheartened me. I read back over some of those old posts some time ago and I kinda cringed at the way we talked to each other and the way I conducted myself in a lot of those exchanges. It reads differently when you're in the moment posting in a conversation than it does when you go back and revisit it. Reading some of the shit I posted seems to come off pretty mean when I went back and looked. My blunt sarcasm was always tongue in cheek and never meant to be serious, but this is the internet and it's hard to distinguish the true intention of a post or discussion so I'm well aware that a lot of the shit I posted was not interpreted the way I intended it to be.

I'm glad I reiterated this back in the day because it will always hold true... whatever anyone's politics are and whatever kind of exchange we get involved in will never make me think any less of anyone. Bums me out that some here might think less of me because of political talk, but it's equally disheartening to see the camaraderie die between the whole of us. That's the reason I pulled back from posting regularly.
It’s all very stupid and regrettable. It sucks thinking the dumb fights may have pushed others away too. I’m over it all though. My priorities and perspective changed. My interests haven’t though so I still enjoy seeing what people are talking about here.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i think that the camaraderie can be built up again, if we really want it back. it might be harder in some people's cases but if it's worth having, then why not male the effort with those of us who still want to come around?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Watched the new Metallica Lux Aeterna video a few times now. Though nothing groundbreaking, I think it sounds great, the best James' voice has sounded in decades, more mids in the guitar tones, and lars isn't sucking (though it's highly suspected he's edited, but that goes back to Justice so whatevs). The video is way cooler than any of the videos after I Disappear. The only thing disappointing is Kirk's obviously phoned in solo. If he didn't put out that solo EP where he clearly put effort in, the phone-in solo would've been expected, rather than disappointing, but eh.

Cool video.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:33 pm i think that the camaraderie can be built up again, if we really want it back. it might be harder in some people's cases but if it's worth having, then why not male the effort with those of us who still want to come around?
What did I do? Was that STD permanent?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:45 pm Watched the new Metallica Lux Aeterna video a few times now. Though nothing groundbreaking, I think it sounds great, the best James' voice has sounded in decades, more mids in the guitar tones, and lars isn't sucking (though it's highly suspected he's edited, but that goes back to Justice so whatevs). The video is way cooler than any of the videos after I Disappear. The only thing disappointing is Kirk's obviously phoned in solo. If he didn't put out that solo EP where he clearly put effort in, the phone-in solo would've been expected, rather than disappointing, but eh.

Cool video.
I liked James' voice and tone, riff wasn't bad. I don't like that I have no idea what the name is though and lyrics seemed modern woke and wanky. Not sure caught some cancellation masterbation in there.

No Jovi but its something new from the old boys at least.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:48 pm
Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:31 pm

I told you guys about Russell the Rat years ago! It’s bleak.
That motherfucker is going the way of Wilson from Home Improvement, pretty soon he's gonna be the man without a face. Because I'm going to remove it! Take his face off!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:01 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:38 pm

It’s all very stupid and regrettable. It sucks thinking the dumb fights may have pushed others away too. I’m over it all though. My priorities and perspective changed. My interests haven’t though so I still enjoy seeing what people are talking about here.
Its true, every single one of you have said some really stupid and regrettable shit in that politics board. And yet, I've had the resolve to sit back and tolerate it from all of you. Minor miracle I'm still alive really.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:47 am
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:45 pm Watched the new Metallica Lux Aeterna video a few times now. Though nothing groundbreaking, I think it sounds great, the best James' voice has sounded in decades, more mids in the guitar tones, and lars isn't sucking (though it's highly suspected he's edited, but that goes back to Justice so whatevs). The video is way cooler than any of the videos after I Disappear. The only thing disappointing is Kirk's obviously phoned in solo. If he didn't put out that solo EP where he clearly put effort in, the phone-in solo would've been expected, rather than disappointing, but eh.

Cool video.
I liked James' voice and tone, riff wasn't bad. I don't like that I have no idea what the name is though and lyrics seemed modern woke and wanky. Not sure caught some cancellation masterbation in there.

Hmmm, I had more hope vibes than woke vibes.

There was an attempt at "cancelling" a few months back. After their Stranger Things bump, young idiots saw older pictures of them doing nazi salutes and assumed they were nazis, but ignored their other hands pretending to pick noses and eyes going cross-eyed...showing that they were clearly mocking nazis. Idgits.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:43 am
Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:47 am

Cool video.

Hmmm, I had more hope vibes than woke vibes.

There was an attempt at "cancelling" a few months back. After their Stranger Things bump, young idiots saw older pictures of them doing nazi salutes and assumed they were nazis, but ignored their other hands pretending to pick noses and eyes going cross-eyed...showing that they were clearly mocking nazis. Idgits.
It's just my first quick listen. I caught generation, emancipation, swear there was a cancellation lyric too. But he's not talking about that stuff.