October Challenge 2023 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: October Challenge 2023 Discussion Thread

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

The Prowler (on one of Shudder's live channels)
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Watching the Last Drive-in showing of All Hallows' Eve I missed Friday night
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Have only seen this once
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DomD, there is no way Nightmare's 2-4 rank the same grade. I dig high praise in general and such, but something has to give.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:33 pm DomD, there is no way Nightmare's 2-4 rank the same grade. I dig high praise in general and such, but something has to give.
Well, too bad?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

The new Children of the Corn wasn't as bad as expected. It was better than some of the shitty 90's sequels.Not that that is saying much.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:26 pm
Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:33 pm DomD, there is no way Nightmare's 2-4 rank the same grade. I dig high praise in general and such, but something has to give.
Well, too bad?
Most of my grades are based on the ranges the movies tend to fall on my flickchart list. It is ballparked, mostly, but since those specific sequels are in close proximity of my flickchart, and all are in my "A-" range, they're all getting an A-.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Oh shit, I misremembered part 4's placement, apparently. It's been a while since I looked at that franchise on my flickchart, I guess. The grades are getting an update.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Its official, my official head-casting for my new D&D character Phantasma is late 80's Jennifer Connely. So it is written, so it is done.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:23 pm
Well, too bad?
Most of my grades are based on the ranges the movies tend to fall on my flickchart list. It is ballparked, mostly, but since those specific sequels are in close proximity of my flickchart, and all are in my "A-" range, they're all getting an A-.
Looking at your tally. Noticed Terrifier 2 is graded higher than Creepshow II. You'd consider Terrifier 2 superior?

Still haven't seen Terrifier yet.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:39 pm
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:23 pm
Well, too bad?
Looking at your tally. Noticed Terrifier 2 is graded higher than Creepshow II. You'd consider Terrifier 2 superior?

Still haven't seen Terrifier yet.
I think its overall better yes. I did love Terrifier 2 quite a bit. Doesn't quite have that cherry on top to give it the "+", but who knows in 10 years?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok...can you enlighten us with Debbie Does Demons?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Just finished The Killing of a Sacred Deer. What in the absolute fuck did I just watch? Overly bizarre, monotonous, Greek mythological flick that falls completely flat and almost feels like it's intentionally trying to piss off everyone that watches it. I thought I didn't understand the movie and missed something important but after looking up the meaning I missed nothing. Easily the worst movie of the challenge and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. How in the hell this movie got a 7/10 on imdb and a 79% on retardedtomatoes is beyond me.

0.5/5 and that's being generous.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:07 am Just finished The Killing of a Sacred Deer. What in the absolute fuck did I just watch? Overly bizarre, monotonous, Greek mythological flick that falls completely flat and almost feels like it's intentionally trying to piss off everyone that watches it. I thought I didn't understand the movie and missed something important but after looking up the meaning I missed nothing. Easily the worst movie of the challenge and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. How in the hell this movie got a 7/10 on imdb and a 79% on retardedtomatoes is beyond me.

Dang I remember wanting to see that because I really liked the cast
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:45 am
Jason wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:07 am Just finished The Killing of a Sacred Deer. What in the absolute fuck did I just watch? Overly bizarre, monotonous, Greek mythological flick that falls completely flat and almost feels like it's intentionally trying to piss off everyone that watches it. I thought I didn't understand the movie and missed something important but after looking up the meaning I missed nothing. Easily the worst movie of the challenge and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. How in the hell this movie got a 7/10 on imdb and a 79% on retardedtomatoes is beyond me.

Dang I remember wanting to see that because I really liked the cast
Fuck it, we're all making sequel called Bambi's Revenge. Colin is cool and will reprise role, he did True Detective Season 2 he will do our dumbass movie!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Is Killing of a Sacred Deer horror? I don't know anything about it, but the title reeks of other sappy titles like Where The Crawdads sing and shit.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:02 am Is Killing of a Sacred Deer horror? I don't know anything about it, but the title reeks of other sappy titles like Where The Crawdads sing and shit.
Psychological horror
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I see that Barry Keoghan is in it, the guy with a worse Joker laugh than Leto.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:19 am
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:02 am Is Killing of a Sacred Deer horror? I don't know anything about it, but the title reeks of other sappy titles like Where The Crawdads sing and shit.
Psychological horror
Psychological stupid.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Motherfucker has vendetta because Colin killed his father, but brings him over to fuck his mom? It's all just not.