October Challenge 2023 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: October Challenge 2023 Discussion Thread

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:13 am Five Nights at Freddy's. All I know is it's from a video game I've also never seen.
I plan on watching that at some point today. I hate the games, but the plot is alright. Chances are good I'll prefer Willy's Wonderland over it, though.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Had to pause movie to wash my dog lol
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:16 pm Had to pause movie to wash my dog lol
Back to the movie
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:13 am Five Nights at Freddy's. All I know is it's from a video game I've also never seen.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Maybe it would help if I knew the video games
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Lol. The video game is retarded. I've seen game play on it. I expect the movie to be as shit or more shit.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:14 am
Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:08 am
Jason wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:55 am
Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:47 am
zombie wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:11 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:25 pm Definitely some Wizard of Oz color and some Sherry Bobbins stuff. I really felt the Lizzie Borden shit at the end. lol. Unless that was just a major coincidence.
lizzie borden didn't come to mind for me. but i'm not familiar with that, the way you are. it could be an inspiration in the story, i suppoae.
Only for Jason, could be Paul Bunyan or Madman Marz, motherfucker is still gonna be dreaming about Lizzie Borden, he loves that sick bitch.
Did you know:

The woman who played Lizzie Borden (Elizabeth Montgomery) in the 1975 made for TV movie The Legend of Lizzie Borden was actually her sixth cousin once removed, both descending from 17th-century Massachusetts resident John Luther. Rhonda McClure, the genealogist who documented the Montgomery-Borden connection, said, "I wonder how Elizabeth would have felt if she knew she was playing her own cousin." One of the gowns which was worn by Montgomery in the film is on display at the Lizzie Borden bed-and-breakfast which now occupies the Borden house...

I mean... the more you fucking know right?
How she would have felt? I don't give a shit about any of my sixth cousins once removed.
What if it was Patrick Swayze
I would weep tears of pure joy. Touche.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Five Nights at Freddy's gets a charitable C- mostly because I like the Romantics song Talking in Your Sleep and the animatronics look cool
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

They changed alot from the games which I think really hurt the film. The games themselves are jump scare trash, but there is a plot in there outside of the gameplay. Spoilers for changes below.
SPOILERS
First off, they combined two characters into the main bad guy. The guy who hires Mike and the yellow rabbit guy were partners that opened the place, but it was only the rabbit guy that killed the kids. Second, Mike was the rabbit guy's kid, not the cop lady. Mike actually was the reason his brother died by putting his head into one of the suits and the springlocks kicked in, cutting his head off. Also, Abby dies by being put into one of the suits, so not sure why they let her live in the film. Losing two of his kids is the reason the guy went nuts and started killing other kids. It's not a great plot point, but it's better than "he's an evil man".
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Why hasn't Dawn of the Dead received a respectable bluray transfer or a bitchin steelbook? Seems like the only ones you can get are distributed in region 2.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Hell Night was an easy 4.5/5. Even better than I remembered it from my last viewing.

I can still remember the first time I watched it. I still had PTSD from watching The Exorcist as a kid and I was half expecting Linda Blair to become possessed and hit me with a jump scare for no reason. Lol.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Starting The Exorcist: Believer. I have a friend more willing to waste money than I am or I would be waiting until it was free which should be about 2 more weeks I would imagine
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:38 pm Starting The Exorcist: Believer. I have a friend more willing to waste money than I am or I would be waiting until it was free which should be about 2 more weeks I would imagine
So you're at the theater with a friend?

It's bad, but it's not absolutely awful or anything, in my opinion. The best thing about it is the fan service you get and the little homages to the original, but other than that it's pretty forgettable and unoriginal.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm actually gonna sit on Hell Night for a while before giving it a ranking. I really feel like a 5/5 might be warranted here. I always put The Burning and Madman in a similar category, and now that I refreshed Hell Night, I'm putting all three together. Great stuff. I can't even begin to rank the 3.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:42 pm
Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:38 pm Starting The Exorcist: Believer. I have a friend more willing to waste money than I am or I would be waiting until it was free which should be about 2 more weeks I would imagine

It's bad, but it's not absolutely awful or anything, in my opinion. The best thing about it is the fan service you get and the little homages to the original, but other than that it's pretty forgettable and unoriginal.
He bought it on YouTube
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:46 pm

He bought it on YouTube
;-|
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:09 pm

He bought it on YouTube
;-|
The lead actor is doing admirably with what he has been given but its horribly written and boring. I'm just uninterested in this story.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:57 pm

He bought it on YouTube
;-|
The leas actor is doing admirably with what he has been given but its horribly written and boring. I'm just uninterested in this story.
That's pretty much the gist. It kinda picks up in the middle but is pretty corny. The final moment before credits was by far the best thing about the movie. Which is kinda sad, in retrospect.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:04 pm

He bought it on YouTube
;-|
The leas actor is doing admirably with what he has been given but its horribly written and boring. I'm just uninterested in this story.
That's pretty much the gist. It kinda picks up in the middle but is pretty corny. The final moment before credits was by far the best thing about the movie. Which is kinda sad, in retrospect.
The final scene was cool but unfortunately the whole rest of the movie happened before it :P David Gordon Green just should not be writing screen plays, sorry but he sucks at it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:26 pm
Jason wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:04 pm

He bought it on YouTube
;-|
The final scene was cool but unfortunately the whole rest of the movie happened before it :P David Gordon Green just should not be writing screen plays, sorry but he sucks at it.
I thought he did pretty well with Halloween except for the shit end to his trilogy. It's like it's becoming a tradition in horror to fuck up all the previous work before you end the franchise.