December 31st of 2023

The daily chat room.
Dream
Charter Member

December 31st of 2023

Post by Dream »

Last day of 2023.

Highlights of the year for me:

$15k raise between pay and increase in benefits.

Have a new title at work that carries a weird amount of respect from other people even though my actual job isn't any different.

Had someone commission a story from me. (Paid me more for one story than I made from selling the stories below, lol.)

Biopsy came back negative for cancer.

Sold some stories.

Planted the seeds to start a podcast with the hope of having the first one ready sometime in March.

Gained some friends I never expected to have.

Lost 80 lbs since February.

Wishing everyone a Good 2024.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: December 31st of 2023

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

that's all great stuff!

I still haven't even filmed my planned video for my youtube answering questions. Not even sure if I'll get around to it :/
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:35 am that's all great stuff!

I still haven't even filmed my planned video for my youtube answering questions. Not even sure if I'll get around to it :/
I have bought the kindle version of your second book. (Will buy the proper version once I get the final medical bills from the biopsy, lol. I've kinda been panicking about how much of the 7k bill I'm gonna be on the hook for. Insurance claims 20% but... it seems completely fucking random given past bills I've gotten. I'm hoping it's one of the ones that fall well short of that 20%. Woulda been nice if the whole process didn't take 3 different appointments with a bill for each. Already paid $600 for the two appointments before the actual procedure and the procedure is the highest initial billing amount.) I have not had time to read it yet. And I still have to read the last half of the first one. It's been a ridiculously busy couple of years for me. Most reading time I've gotten in the past two years was during jury duty... Not happy about that.

Part of the podcast is forcing time to read and review books/stories and hopefully have some casual conversational interviews with authors. (With a lean toward Erotica currently, but that might change as I develop the idea a little further.)
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Happy New Year's Eve be safe
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Dream wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:07 am
DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:35 am that's all great stuff!

I have bought the kindle version of your second book. (Will buy the proper version once I get the final medical bills from the biopsy, lol. I've kinda been panicking about how much of the 7k bill I'm gonna be on the hook for. Insurance claims 20% but... it seems completely fucking random given past bills I've gotten. I'm hoping it's one of the ones that fall well short of that 20%. Woulda been nice if the whole process didn't take 3 different appointments with a bill for each. Already paid $600 for the two appointments before the actual procedure and the procedure is the highest initial billing amount.) I have not had time to read it yet. And I still have to read the last half of the first one. It's been a ridiculously busy couple of years for me. Most reading time I've gotten in the past two years was during jury duty... Not happy about that.

Part of the podcast is forcing time to read and review books/stories and hopefully have some casual conversational interviews with authors. (With a lean toward Erotica currently, but that might change as I develop the idea a little further.)
That's sweet. I made enough in royalties from the book release to get myself a Venti Frap at Starbucks! :p

I mostly fear recording right now because I have neighbors that got themselves new soundbars with gigantic subwoofers, so I could be screwed from even trying with the idea.

Wish I could move, but moving costs money, and everywhere else costs even more than where I am.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

My end-of-year 2023 movie list. Wish there was more, wish that I could put Skinamarink on there to slam dunk that piece of shit on the bottom, but that turd was 2022, so Winnie The Pooh takes the prize for Worst I guess.

1. Oppenheimer
2. Godzilla Minus One
3. Killers Of The Flower Moon
4. Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse
5. John Wick: Chapter 4
6. Barbie
7. The Killer
8. Nimona
9. When Evil Lurks
10. Sly
11. Talk To Me
12. Evil Dead Rise
13. Saw X
14. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
15. Thanksgiving
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
17. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
18. Creed III
19. Resident Evil: Death Island
20. Scream VI
21. Sound of Freedom
22. Rebel Moon: A Child Of Fire
23. Totally Killer
24. Renfield
25. The Pope's Exorcist
26. Knock at the Cabin
27. Cocaine Bear
28. Dark Harvest
29. Subspecies V: Blood Rise
30. The Flash
31. The Super Mario Bros. Movie
32. Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny
33. The Conference
34. It's A Wonderful Knife
35. Quasi
36. V/H/S/85
37. Winnie The Pooh: Blood & Honey
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

No Mission Impossible?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:52 am No Mission Impossible?
Didn't see it.