First Post in 8 Years

introduce yourself. Let us know who you are.
Lazerus

First Post in 8 Years

Post by Lazerus »

Hello Everyone,

I have not been on this site in over 8 years, so I am not familiar with those of you who have joined during my absence. It’s crazy because it doesn’t seem like it has been that long, years are going by like months these days. The rest of you who are still here from the old days know who I am, but I felt an introduction was necessary after all this time. I have been a horror fan since I was a kid. Love 80’s era of horror, it the best and undisputed champ of any horror era in my opinion. I also love a lot of sci-fi and action/thrillers. I own hard copies of over 800 movies in total that line the shelves in my media room. I will greatly miss the media room once this house is sold but I plan on installing a bigger one at the new home. I am a fan of MMA and WWE. I don’t watch football or other sports. Honestly, I don’t have much time for TV these days because of my schedule.

So, what have I been up to in the past 8 years?
In the years I have been absent from HMF I have grown greatly as a person and have met and surrounded myself with much better people. I removed any and all toxic people from my life. It was a hard lesson, but I learned that if someone is not contributing in any positive way to my existence then they need to go, even if it’s a family member. During this journey I have experienced growth in ways I couldn’t have imagined years earlier. I have done away with alcohol and other substances that were only adding to my problems. I have gotten myself back into better shape (though still working on getting the dieting right), outside of work and exercise I have been focusing heavily on meditation and my writings. I have started two successful businesses, got with an amazing woman who is far better than I deserve. We are currently in the process of moving to the East Coast where we plan to spend the rest of our days.

Why did I leave?
I have been told by some I have kept in contact with over the years that it’s believed that I left because of problems with people here. While it’s no secret that I didn’t have the best relationship with a few here, that had nothing to do with why I never signed up on this new board when it launched. Back when HMF was on that Pro Board site is when I had already begun the journey to get myself together. I decided that I needed to step away from many things in my life, I felt that I wasn’t good for anyone at that moment and needed to focus inward. Fast forward to late 2019 early 2020 I was close to rejoining HMF then, but the pandemic hit, and shit just went downhill for a while. Rebounding from all that has kept me busy these past few years. But my reasoning had nothing to do with anyone here or from the old board.

Final Thoughts
I won’t be a regular on here like I was back then as my life is very busy and I have tons of things I am focused on. But I have missed the old daily chats, the UFC/WWE discussions with Jason and Reign, and just the random, crazy BS that would happen on here from time to time. HMF had a positive impact on me in many ways. I have made some long-time friends such as Wyte, Darren, and Ralph who I have kept in contact with over the years I have been away. Sorry, this was a bit long, but I had a lot to say. I hope all of you are doing well and I wish everyone a great 2024!

Laz
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: First Post in 8 Years

Post by Jigsaw »

I have to admit that while I certainly remember you, I'm not sure if we ever had much of a relationship. Still, glad that you're doing well, and happy that you made your way back here.

I only pop in every now and again myself, so I definitely understand where you're coming from.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Good to hear from you Laz! You sound like you’re doing great. Man it’s crazy how long we’ve all known each other.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Well, well, how very CM Punk of you. BTW, I hate that sumabitch. :yee: Welcome back! Sounds like you've made some good big life changes, happy to hear it. Been a long time. How's Wyte doing?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

As far as I know, nobody is a regular like they used to be. lol. I pop in from time to time also. Good to see you around!
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Hey guys,

Jiggy, I remember you as well. Long time, hope you are doing well.

Head! I have missed debating with your crazy ass lol how have you been?

Reign, CM Punk is trash! can't stand him. I have enjoyed Romans dominate run and The Bloodline story. What do you think of him taking of The Rock at WM 40?
As for Wyte, he is doing well. Just working a lot these days.

Jason good to see you're still around here as well.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I like Reigns vs. Rock better than Reigns vs. Cody Part Deux, but almost guarantee the match will be worse than Rock's stint with Cena, so enh. Ultimately they need to figure out who can take the strap off Reigns, that's a tough call, no obvious Ultimate Warrior pick this time like with Hogan. But Rock says he wants to do something special and totally different, so interested to see what they cook up.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:43 pm I like Reigns vs. Rock better than Reigns vs. Cody Part Deux, but almost guarantee the match will be worse than Rock's stint with Cena, so enh. Ultimately they need to figure out who can take the strap off Reigns, that's a tough call, no obvious Ultimate Warrior pick this time like with Hogan. But Rock says he wants to do something special and totally different, so interested to see what they cook up.
Cody Rhodes has always bored me, I don’t like his baby face character. I believe that he could be a great heel. Rock vs Reigns is a dream match for many and it will make the most money.

Reigns title run has been the best shit WWE has done in a very long time and I want it to continue as long as it can. The one problem is that he holds two independently active belts. They need to get the WWE championship off him but continue with his Universal Championship run.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

What is the secret to removing toxic people from your life?
Inquiring minds want to know. (by that I mean me, because I've done it but still feel wee bit of guilt)
I've been watching Dateline all day. Apparently they say murder. I really need to change the channel... :P
And welcome back. And congrats. And good job. Roll all that up into a pkg and slap a bow on it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Lazerus wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:17 pm
Reign in Blood wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:43 pm I like Reigns vs. Rock better than Reigns vs. Cody Part Deux, but almost guarantee the match will be worse than Rock's stint with Cena, so enh. Ultimately they need to figure out who can take the strap off Reigns, that's a tough call, no obvious Ultimate Warrior pick this time like with Hogan. But Rock says he wants to do something special and totally different, so interested to see what they cook up.
Cody Rhodes has always bored me, I don’t like his baby face character. I believe that he could be a great heel. Rock vs Reigns is a dream match for many and it will make the most money.

Reigns title run has been the best shit WWE has done in a very long time and I want it to continue as long as it can. The one problem is that he holds two independently active belts. They need to get the WWE championship off him but continue with his Universal Championship run.
Agreed, Reigns and the Bloodline run has been best shit in ages. I don't think they'll have 3 titles now that they introduced the World Heavyweight (back), be a mistake like AEW has where there's too many titles none start to matter.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:03 am
Lazerus wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:17 pm

Agreed, Reigns and the Bloodline run has been best shit in ages. I don't think they'll have 3 titles now that they introduced the World Heavyweight (back), be a mistake like AEW has where there's too many titles none start to matter.
A very disappointing ending to the Royal Rumble. I guess we’re getting a rematch between Roman & Cody. I will be skipping that match because it’s obvious which way it’s going. Fucking stupid booking
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Ava wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:15 pm What is the secret to removing toxic people from your life?
Inquiring minds want to know. (by that I mean me, because I've done it but still feel wee bit of guilt)
I've been watching Dateline all day. Apparently they say murder. I really need to change the channel... :P
And welcome back. And congrats. And good job. Roll all that up into a pkg and slap a bow on it.
Hi Ava,

Long time, hope all is going well with you.
Removing toxic people isn't easy but it also depends if it's an acquaintance, friend, or family member. Family is the most difficult in my experience because you will always be tied to that person (especially immediate family) but sometimes one must do what is necessary for their own growth and happiness.

I don't suggest murder haha 8D