March 23rd 2024

The daily chat room.
FallandPray

March 23rd 2024

Post by FallandPray »

Morning Slaughter. Morning Tigg.

Who seen the movie series, Puppet Master?

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: March 23rd 2024

Post by Tiggnutz »

I've seen them all and enjoy most of them
FallandPray

Re: March 23rd 2024

Post by FallandPray »

X- Men 97 is on my to watch list. I just read a little about the series.

The beauty of “X-Men ’97” (currently streaming on Disney+) is that it’s more than just a nostalgia trip — it’s a very timely continuation of “X-Men: The Animated Series” that addresses today’s more complicated world while staying true to the spirit of the original. There’s a greater celebration of queer diversity (Morph has been redesigned as a non-binary shapeshifter) but also an accelerated powder keg of hate, which makes the mutants’ enemies much more formidable. This calls for drastic action, which is why the torch has been passed to former arch nemesis Magneto (Matthew Waterson) to lead the X-Men following the loss of Professor Xavier.

The 10-episode animated series also represents Marvel‘s first “X-Men” project since regaining the rights from Fox and serves as a prelude to the franchise joining the MCU in this summer’s lone Marvel movie, “Deadpool & Wolverine.” Yet it was vital that “X-Men ’97” continue in the spirit of the original, hand-drawn series, bolstered by the return of several of the voice actors and the iconic main title theme (performed by The Newton Brothers, who composed the score).