Broken Nightmare on Elm Street Emulator?

XBoners, PSDruplers, The Wii'd Whackos, PC gamers stuck in the 90s. We even allow discussion of Mobile Apps.
Forum rules
We'd even tolerate LEROY JENKINS
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Broken Nightmare on Elm Street Emulator?

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughter probably only one who can help. Ok, see if you can follow me down the rabbit hole here. So years ago I bought a big arcade style joystick emulator machine thingy, you hook up to your TV to play old school games with arcade joystick, one that has like 8000 games on it but most are regurgitated trash. If you know you know. Recently I bought a handheld Anbernic, same type of thing just handheld Gameboy/PSP style, plays thousands old school games.

Fast forward to where Nightmare on Elm Street is involved. Both have the classic NES Nightmare game on it, and obviously I always loved it but it was one I never beat on NES. So I'm all giddy to play because I get infinite saves in newfound Emulator-ville, whatever. Problem. You start the game, you randomly have to go into one of the first 3 houses. Once there, you platform the upper level until going downstairs to the basement. There is even a giant arrow showing you to go down. On both fucking systems, you cannot go down to the basement on the very first level. >:D I have pushed every damn button, nothing works, time runs out, Freddy comes and kills you and it's game over Bill Paxton time. First time I thought just unlucky with that giant joystick thingy, but now same problem on the new handheld Anbernic? I am fine with admitting I might be retarded and just not hitting button correct or summat, but fuck me this is weird. I have played this a thousand times on NES, you should just hit down key, ffs! I am convinced the emulator is broken, and is being passed around everywhere like cheap whore, but I'm apparently the only one playing and giving a fuck? Any help is appreciated in this frustrating conundrum of nerdery. Thank you.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: Broken Nightmare on Elm Street Emulator?

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

First, did you get all the bones? Been ages since I've played, but I'm pretty sure you need to collect all the bones before you can go to the next screen. If you've got them all, then yeah, it's likely an issue with either the emu or the rom. I've got a good copy of the rom I can send you if you want to check it out.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

LMAO! Milk does a body good, fucking bones!!! I am speed running, fucking bones schmones, I'm punching spiders in the face and non-sense, bah! :lol: Bless you Slaughter, should have asked this years ago with the big joystick emulator. I said fuck it all in angst too easily.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I'm blaming Mario, Sonic and zombie for this. It's not like anybody collects every coin, mushroom or whatever the fuck, you gotta be jamming through these levels! :piggy:
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

It makes sense for the game to collect them, though, since it's part of the plot: collect the bones to burn them.

At least the emu works and you don't have to fuck with adding a new rom.