Poll creation

You can talk about anything here
Lazerus
Charter Member

Re: Poll creation

Post by Lazerus »

I have tried two different web browsers and even my phone. It's not there. Weird

Oh well.
GEN X!!!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

what kind of poll were you wanting to create? one of us can post it for you, if you like?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This is weird. I will try digging into the administration panel a bit. Which board(s) exactly are you trying to create a poll where it isn't showing?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It's weird. If it isn't something on your end, then I would have imagined it would be the type of member you are (Charter Member). But Jiggy said he is able to create a poll. I checked user permissions for all boards and it says Charter Members have access to the forum as well as polls. I'm digging further to see if maybe there is an issue with the amount of posts you need to be able to create one. I don't imagine that's the case but i can't think of any other reason off hand.
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

zombie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:10 am what kind of poll were you wanting to create? one of us can post it for you, if you like?
I was going to create one in the political section, basically asking everyone here if they identify as Republican, Democrat, or Indepedent/Other.
I had been debating for a week or so if I should even bother but my curiosity was getting the better of me :P
So, I went to create it then realized the option didn't exist for some odd reason.

You can create it if you want to. Doesn't really matter. It was just a curiosity.

Jason wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:12 am This is weird. I will try digging into the administration panel a bit. Which board(s) exactly are you trying to create a poll where it isn't showing?
Originally I tried in the political board then tried here in the general board and none worked.
I would appreciate you checking it out.
GEN X!!!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Lazerus wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:20 am
zombie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:10 am what kind of poll were you wanting to create? one of us can post it for you, if you like?
I was going to create one in the political section, basically asking everyone here if they identify as Republican, Democrat, or Indepedent/Other.
I had been debating for a week or so if I should even bother but my curiosity was getting the better of me :P
So, I went to create it then realized the option didn't exist for some odd reason.

You can create it if you want to. Doesn't really matter. It was just a curiosity.

Jason wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:12 am This is weird. I will try digging into the administration panel a bit. Which board(s) exactly are you trying to create a poll where it isn't showing?
Originally I tried in the political board then tried here in the general board and none worked.
I would appreciate you checking it out.
fair enough. i'll just wait to see if the issue can be resolved.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Now try it.
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

Jason wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:32 amNow try it.
It's working now! Thanks!
GEN X!!!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

When you register on the site you become just a Registered Member. So whoever added your Charter Member status only put it under your name and didn't actually make you an official charter member under the list, so I imagine the Registered Members users don't have access to creating polls. Which I think we should probably just activate for them as well. But then again, any old bot can create a weird ass poll after registering to the site.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:14 pm When you register on the site you become just a Registered Member. So whoever added your Charter Member status only put it under your name and didn't actually make you an official charter member under the list, so I imagine the Registered Members users don't have access to creating polls. Which I think we should probably just activate for them as well. But then again, any old bot can create a weird ass poll after registering to the site.
That was me
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:54 pm
Jason wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:14 pm When you register on the site you become just a Registered Member. So whoever added your Charter Member status only put it under your name and didn't actually make you an official charter member under the list, so I imagine the Registered Members users don't have access to creating polls. Which I think we should probably just activate for them as well. But then again, any old bot can create a weird ass poll after registering to the site.
That was me
Spoiler
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

Jason wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:07 pm
That was me
Spoiler
I had asked Tigg if he could help me with the Charter Member status since I had it back in the day. So, technically it's my fault :P
GEN X!!!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:07 pm
That was me
Spoiler
Need to push faster.