September 1st 2024

Post by Tiggnutz »

Welcome to September my friends
Ava
Charter Member

Re: September 1st 2024

Post by Ava »

Morning. And uh...hi. :P
Going to deck the house out fall/Halloween today. It makes me happy.
I do have to return a 5 foot skeleton to Home Depot. Think I bought the frickin' wrong one. Grrr. I only realized when I saw someone pose the middle fingers up (while it was sitting in their car) that I bought wrong one. What is the sense of a posable skeleton if he can't double friggin bird it. Hehehe.
Also thanks for those with the well wishes. (Eat a dick Jason, you and your chest burster!) Been a LONG road past few months. :heart:

Good crap chestburster...is that one word or two? Saying it out loud is like saying worcestshirisisire. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Really good to see you back Ava
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Though I do smile every time when people online call Worcestershire "Wash that ass sauce". They need to make a bottle with that on the label. And sell it in the store. My store. Because I need it. Okay, just want it. Shut up.

*ends Sunday morning ramble*
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Tiggnutz wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:05 am Really good to see you back Ava
Thanks! Missed the conversations on here.
Looking forward to challenge this year. :)
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

And for some reason I have never stood directly under that 12 foot Skelly at Home Depot before. My god. That thing is so impressive. I think they have made the eyes better than past years? Don't know. Don't have one. I can't in my neighborhood, that would be stolen in no time. I could put it in my house though. I really could. *sighs dreamily*

And I think I'm losing my marbles... I watched that movie Nobody Will Save You and didn't even notice that the main character doesn't say ONE WORD. I think I liked the aliens so much I didn't notice. I would have said every curse word, I know regardless if anyone else is there. Especially with the roof scene, I would have made up new ones. I'd teach the alien some. Throw some nasty sign language in too. First time I ever didn't realize that.

Caught up on a lot of TV and movies while I was on bed rest.
I binged that series From. That one is awesome! I only had season one available to me but I didn't stop. It didn't even have time to ask me if I was still watching. It was probably like "this dork hasn't left the couch today! No need!". I heard Season 3 is dropping this month. I need to get a hold of 2 & 3.
I love that guy from Lost who is lead. He is great.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Welcome back! Nobody Will Save You was a fun film. The aliens were great, and it was able to keep me interested despite the lack of dialogue.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I will put Nobody Will Save You on my October list
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Ava! Welcome back!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Ava wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:03 am Morning. And uh...hi. :P
I do have to return a 5 foot skeleton to Home Depot. Think I bought the frickin' wrong one. Grrr. I only realized when I saw someone pose the middle fingers up (while it was sitting in their car) that I bought wrong one. What is the sense of a posable skeleton if he can't double friggin bird it. Hehehe.
Also thanks for those with the well wishes. (Eat a dick Jason, you and your chest burster!) Been a LONG road past few months. :heart:

Good crap chestburster...is that one word or two? Saying it out loud is like saying worcestshirisisire. :P
I had to dig in the memory bank to remember I referenced Alien for your incision. :P

Glad you're on the uptick. When I had my spleen removal (probably not even necessary at all), they did a parascopic surgery. So instead of a foot long incision across the torso it was several small incisions. They didn't stitch me up, they just glued it, so I basically have these glow-in-the-dark-looking incisions that will always be there. :P

I got pain pills whenever I wanted when I had those health issues. Toughed through the pain though and used them for a rainy day or the occasional recreation. :piggy: Did they finally end up giving you a prescription?
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

Welcome back Ava!!
GEN X!!!
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Jason wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:58 pm
Ava wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:03 am Morning. And uh...hi. :P

I had to dig in the memory bank to remember I referenced Alien for your incision. :P

Glad you're on the uptick. When I had my spleen removal (probably not even necessary at all), they did a parascopic surgery. So instead of a foot long incision across the torso it was several small incisions. They didn't stitch me up, they just glued it, so I basically have these glow-in-the-dark-looking incisions that will always be there. :P

I got pain pills whenever I wanted when I had those health issues. Toughed through the pain though and used them for a rainy day or the occasional recreation. :piggy: Did they finally end up giving you a prescription?
I wish it was laparoscopic. I could do those standing on my head. Have had three of those. Each time I was up next day and going about my business. I've had five abdominal surgeries in total. This was by far the most barbaric and painful. It is on the list of most painful for a reason. I've heard open heart is worse though. I've already told everyone...if I have to have this again in 20 years, I'm choosing death. I can't go through it again.
No, did not get any pain meds. They tried to give me Gabapentin. Aka tic tacs. No thanks. I went uh...gummies and oil route. It had no effect on intestines! WOOT! :innocent: It didn't take pain away but took edge of to make me pass out. I still asked Reign to kill me a few weeks in. I couldn't take the pain anymore Luckily he didn't take me up on it.And pain got better after incision ripped open. I really wouldn't be here without Reign and help from my parents.

They tried to go laparoscopic with this but damage was too bad. SO I have four new hole marks. They then cut from pubic bone to belly button. All the way through muscle everything. Then surgeon who usually tries to make a smaller incision couldn't getboth his hands in low enough and pulled intestines out. Put on belly and worked on them. Then damage was so bad they had to cut out so much they had to make a new route. So severed plenty of nerves. Cut the intestines up to rib cage as well. Then as if that wasn't enough they apparently shove something up the other way that staples it all back together backwards. Picture being on a table strapped up in air with pole up ass and intestines out. I'm still having nightmares.
My point of telling this is when you wake up the best I can describe the feeling is that you have been chainsawed straight up. No drug takes that away. It also feels like you have been impaled on a square pole. Your insides hurt 24/7. Pain on top of pain w/side of pain. I will never in this lifetime complain about a fucking colonoscopy prep. I woke up with hand size bruises all over. They beat the shit out of me but fixed me at same time.
Worst part was they fucked up. Most surgeries like this have NG tube. For some reason mine chose not to do that. And you know already what happened.But a lot of people either don't make it or have crazy complications. So i'm just happy to be here and be able to somewhat eat again without feeling like I swallowed glass.Amen. Hallelujah where's the Tylenol?
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Wow. Yahoo has the printout of the Cororner's notes of Richard Simmons, showing evidence of his death. It is so interesting but sad at same time. I can't look away. I almost feel dirty looking at it. BUT...can't look away. Might have zoomed in on words. I don't think he would want this out there. Yet...can't stop looking. Sorry Richard. *cringes*
He had gray hair and didn't shave.
I want my coroner report to read the same. Maybe tongue permanently stuck out. Eyeballs rolled way up in head. Possible tit out. Middle finger up. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Really happy to see you back, Ava. Wish the best for you!
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/