What Are You Reading

You can talk about anything here
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: What Are You Reading

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:09 pm Duma Key remains one of King's two Did Not Finish books for me, the other being Insomnia. I tried a few times with Duma, but ugh, just so blah. Insomnia I only tried once, and just never got back around to trying again.
I like Insomnia, but probably because of its ties with the Dark Tower more than what it brings as a standalone title. I haven't read anything of King's after he "retired".
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:01 am Will be starting Stephen King's 11.22.63 audiobook today during my lunch break
Another time I went in knowing nothing about something and I'm glad nothing was spoiled for me . So far I love this book
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:39 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:01 am Will be starting Stephen King's 11.22.63 audiobook today during my lunch break
Another time I went in knowing nothing about something and I'm glad nothing was spoiled for me . So far I love this book
Started red hot but I'm in a long boring slog right now
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

So far Chattery Teeth is the best story in Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Everybody Knows - Jordan Harper

Like a James Ellroy LA book set in modern times. Enjoying it so far
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Glad I held out on getting a new paperback of The Shining because I hated the previous several editions, and I didn't want to re-read my original hardcover again, possibly wearing it down further, because the new paperback cover is actually pretty decent.

I'm planning on rereading The Shining (just reread Carrie) for the first time in almost 20 years. Maybe I'll connect better with Book-Jack since I'm in my 40's and I won't see the "redemption arc" as a waste of space of the pure horror adrenaline as I've always seen it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

You've read a book so much it's worn out?

All my books have the crispest pages and pristine covers you'll ever find. :lol:
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:52 am You've read a book so much it's worn out?

All my books have the crispest pages and pristine covers you'll ever find. :lol:
It's an original hardcover edition from the 70's from my dad. It's still in fairly good condition, but I know lugging it with me on the bus to read isn't going to do it favors.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:13 am
Reign in Blood wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:52 am You've read a book so much it's worn out?

It's an original hardcover edition from the 70's from my dad. It's still in fairly good condition, but I know lugging it with me on the bus to read isn't going to do it favors.
Ah, that makes sense.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

An Original hardcover of The Shining must be protected
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

You should see my paperback copy of Stephen King's It. Half the back cover is missing, and the book's seen some things, but still perfectly readable.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/