Is Tom Cruise the Greatest Movie Star of All Time?

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Is Tom Cruise the Greatest Movie Star of All Time?

Post by Jmac Attack »

Didn't see any American flags did we? Lulz
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I wouldn't lose sleep over statues. So much has been written on the Antebellum South, you really don't need statues to understand what an apocalyptic pit of suffering the South was at the time. We certainly don't need tributes to men who killed Americans for the sake of keeping the slave economy running for the uber wealthy.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jmac Attack wrote:Didn't see any American flags did we? Lulz
It's because white supremacists hate America, J-Mac. They hate that we're a melting pot of cultures, they hate the thought that their people aren't the true natives.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:So it just an evolution thing? His statue has been up for how long and now all the sudden it's a big fuckin' deal to you SJWs?
All your arguments have collapsed on themselves one by one by one, so now just call us SJWs. It's coo.
Of course, because you're always right. You still didn't answer the question.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:So it just an evolution thing? His statue has been up for how long and now all the sudden it's a big fuckin' deal to you SJWs?
All your arguments have collapsed on themselves one by one by one, so now just call us SJWs. It's coo.
LOL @ the passive aggressiveness.

They should have never existed. Am I supposed to apologize for not bitching about them in 1965 when I wasn't alive?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:I wouldn't lose sleep over statues. So much has been written on the Antebellum South, you really don't need statues to understand what an apocalyptic pit of suffering the South was at the time. We certainly don't need tributes to men who killed Americans for the sake of keeping the slave economy running for the uber wealthy.
if it was never about the statue, if that was all on foo. then what is this about?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

They should have never existed. Am I supposed to apologize for not bitching about them in 1965 when I wasn't alive?
I didn't hear you bitch about them in 2015.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I wouldn't lose sleep over statues. So much has been written on the Antebellum South, you really don't need statues to understand what an apocalyptic pit of suffering the South was at the time. We certainly don't need tributes to men who killed Americans for the sake of keeping the slave economy running for the uber wealthy.
if it was never about the statue, if that was all on foo. then what is this about?
This is about you all pussyfooting around the idea that these statues do have a defined meaning in our modern discourse, and it's not the lies and propaganda spread over generations in the South. It's racism and hatred, period. You can dance around it all you want but in the end you look kinda ridiculous when the protesters just end up being a rainbow of white trash hate groups.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Didn't see any American flags did we? Lulz
It's because white supremacists hate America, J-Mac. They hate that we're a melting pot of cultures, they hate the thought that their people aren't the true natives.
supremacists just give everyone else a bad name, as indicated by this thread, since it deviated from cruise and gibson. white supremacists should fuck off. if anyone happens onto them, they should kick their asses. so that they can't be used to blame or ridicule everyone else.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Congrats for noticing I've been 100x more active in the politics forum the past two years than ever before that.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
This is about you all pussyfooting around the idea that these statues do have a defined meaning in our modern discourse, and it's not the lies and propaganda spread over generations in the South. It's racism and hatred, period. You can dance around it all you want but in the end you look kinda ridiculous when the protesters just end up being a rainbow of white trash hate groups.
i'll continue to try to make a distinction between stupid extremists and the general populace that they consider themselves to represent. if that's dancing around, so be it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
i'll continue to try to make a distinction between stupid extremists and the general populace that they consider themselves to represent. if that's dancing around, so be it.
Distinction doesn't exist until one group condemns the other. Until then, they don't need a bib and binky.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Distinction doesn't exist until one group condemns the other. Until then, they don't need a bib and binky.
this is where we're just gonna have to differ.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Why the bizarre sympathy? They're cowards for not speaking out against the racists.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Congrats for noticing I've been 100x more active in the politics forum the past two years than ever before that.
Again, it's an honest question. You nor Seb said shit before, now you and a bunch of Ajax's are taking up arms to combat something no one gave a fuck about for years.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Why the bizarre sympathy? They're cowards for not speaking out against the racists.
i've heard a lot of people speaking out against them, everyone should, though. everyone should condemn them, most loudly the people they claim to speak for. i'm not being sympathetic to racists or supremacists at all.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
i've heard a lot of people speaking out against them, everyone should, though. everyone should condemn them, most loudly the people they claim to speak for. i'm not being sympathetic to racists or supremacists at all.
The distinction is already made. It's evil versus ignorance. I have not condemned the ignorance, just the evil. But the ignorant who don't condemn the evil do no favors for themselves.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Again, it's an honest question. You nor Seb said shit before, now you and a bunch of Ajax's are taking up arms to combat something no one gave a fuck about for years.
Dude, I don't even remember that being a discussion here, but again, I was never all that active in this section. What are you getting at?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I already made my point clear during the confederate flag thing a year or two ago.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i make a distinction between muslims and terrorists, when foo starts on it. this is the same thing in my opinion. a small group of fuckers should not be taken as representing the whole. making that distinction should not be seen as dancing around or sympathizing with extremists.