Is Tom Cruise the Greatest Movie Star of All Time?

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Is Tom Cruise the Greatest Movie Star of All Time?

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:So it just an evolution thing? His statue has been up for how long and now all the sudden it's a big fuckin' deal to you SJWs?
All your arguments have collapsed on themselves one by one by one, so now just call us SJWs. It's coo.
Of course, because you're always right. You still didn't answer the question.
LOL @ the passive aggressiveness.

They should have never existed. Am I supposed to apologize for not bitching about them in 1965 when I wasn't alive?
I didn't hear you bitch about them in 2015.
Congrats for noticing I've been 100x more active in the politics forum the past two years than ever before that.
Again, it's an honest question. You nor Seb said shit before, now you and a bunch of Ajax's are taking up arms to combat something no one gave a fuck about for years.
Dude, I don't even remember that being a discussion here, but again, I was never all that active in this section. What are you getting at?
No worries, we'll leave it. As it really wasn't about the statue anyways, as we've established.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:i make a distinction between muslims and terrorists, when foo starts on it. this is the same thing in my opinion. a small group of fuckers should not be taken as representing the whole. making that distinction should not be seen as dancing around or sympathizing with extremists.
Nobody is doing what you're describing. Nobody.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: The distinction is already made. It's evil versus ignorance. I have not condemned the ignorance, just the evil. But the ignorant who don't condemn the evil do no favors for themselves.
it seems like it needs to continue to be made. ;p no one else is budging from their position, but you want me to?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:i make a distinction between muslims and terrorists, when foo starts on it. this is the same thing in my opinion. a small group of fuckers should not be taken as representing the whole. making that distinction should not be seen as dancing around or sympathizing with extremists.
What is the average Lee enthusiast who isn't a racist interested in here?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:So it just an evolution thing? His statue has been up for how long and now all the sudden it's a big fuckin' deal to you SJWs?
All your arguments have collapsed on themselves one by one by one, so now just call us SJWs. It's coo.

They should have never existed. Am I supposed to apologize for not bitching about them in 1965 when I wasn't alive?
Congrats for noticing I've been 100x more active in the politics forum the past two years than ever before that.
Again, it's an honest question. You nor Seb said shit before, now you and a bunch of Ajax's are taking up arms to combat something no one gave a fuck about for years.
I already made my point clear during the confederate flag thing a year or two ago.
On American issues no one cares what you think. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
you're blaming a population (southern americans) for the actions of a few (white supremacists), are you not?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I already made my point clear during the confederate flag thing a year or two ago.
Genuinely valid. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote: The distinction is already made. It's evil versus ignorance. I have not condemned the ignorance, just the evil. But the ignorant who don't condemn the evil do no favors for themselves.
it seems like it needs to continue to be made. ;p no one else is budging from their position, but you want me to?
You continue to misrepresent my position to make it look like I'm calling every southerner with a different "perspective" on the statues to be a white supremacist. Pretty sure you understand that's not what I'm doing.

The only manner in which I lump both together is when they refuse to condemn the racists. In that case, it's fair game to say fuck 'em all. Some are evil and use this issue as an excuse to spread hate, some are ignorant due to their learnings but aren't racist. You are seeing something that is not there.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
you're blaming a population (southern americans) for the actions of a few (white supremacists), are you not?
I am not. I'm blaming the non-racist southern honor defenders for not condemning and standing up to the actions of the white supremacists. This is the ONLY manner in which I have lumped the two groups together. Now I've tackled their respective ideas separately, but not ONCE did I do what you're describing.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
with regard to charlottesville? as far as i know, the interest is in not having the statue removed, and probably also not being labeled as nazis or racists themselves. in which head is right, that they should be more active in proving that wrong, in standing against those fuckers. so we can agree on that point.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
with regard to charlottesville? as far as i know, the interest is in not having the statue removed, and probably also not being labeled as nazis or racists themselves. in which head is right, that they should be more active in proving that wrong, in standing against those fuckers. so we can agree on that point.
But why would they care if they are indifferent about the south?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
You continue to misrepresent my position to make it look like I'm calling every southerner with a different "perspective" on the statues to be a white supremacist. Pretty sure you understand that's not what I'm doing.

The only manner in which I lump both together is when they refuse to condemn the racists. In that case, it's fair game to say fuck 'em all. Some are evil and use this issue as an excuse to spread hate, some are ignorant due to their learnings but aren't racist. You are seeing something that is not there.
well, short of going to virginia and punching them all in the face, i have condemned them. if i come across some online, i will condemn them.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Genuinely valid. :P
You do know I am joking. I like the outward perspective (imagine that, headward!), and it's even needed in times to give Foo a kick in the ass and get him rolling. :D
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

We gotta get over this constant paralyzing fear in this section that describing the actions of a few will be interpreted as representative of the whole. We're all smart and nuanced enough to understand that's never been the case here, at least as far as I know. Nobody is saying all Muslims are terrorists. Nobody is saying all southerners are white supremacists. Nobody has said anything of the kind in this section at any point to my knowledge. Get over this idea already...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
if who is indifferent? the supremacists are not indifferent, likely they do feel pride in the south. but they're fuckasses, so i don't care what they feel pride in. other southerners who are not racists, but happen to have pride in the south and in robert e lee or the like, i'm cool with.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
if who is indifferent? the supremacists are not indifferent, likely they do feel pride in the south. but they're fuckasses, so i don't care what they feel pride in. other southerners who are not racists, but happen to have pride in the south and in robert e lee or the like, i'm cool with.
Me too, and that's despite the fact that I find their perspective to be rooted in lies and fantasies.

But they have a social responsibility at this point as people who care about that issue to draw a line. If they don't, the distinction suddenly isn't as important.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
My point is that it's a pretty weird demographic that was against slavery and the south but wants to preserve general Lee in statue form.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:We gotta get over this constant paralyzing fear in this section that describing the actions of a few will be interpreted as representative of the whole. We're all smart and nuanced enough to understand that's never been the case here, at least as far as I know. Nobody is saying all Muslims are terrorists. Nobody is saying all southerners are white supremacists. Nobody has said anything of the kind in this section at any point to my knowledge. Get over this idea already...
i'm guilty as charged, and i've seen others try to make the same distinction for one group or another, so i know it's not just me. but fair enough. i'll try to do it less often.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:We gotta get over this constant paralyzing fear in this section that describing the actions of a few will be interpreted as representative of the whole. We're all smart and nuanced enough to understand that's never been the case here, at least as far as I know. Nobody is saying all Muslims are terrorists. Nobody is saying all southerners are white supremacists. Nobody has said anything of the kind in this section at any point to my knowledge. Get over this idea already...
I don't know, we are in the Tom Cruise thread... :D
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
I don't know, we are in the Tom Cruise thread... :D
Statistically every Scientologist is a closeted homosexual.

Please discuss.