08-19-2017

The daily chat room.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: 08-19-2017

Post by Headhunter »

They're in the game of outbidding the big studios now. Neither Netflix or Amazon has any financial restraint, they are trying to take everything. But think about how many uninteresting original programming is on Netflix right now, and you can see they are really just spending to spend for the most part. Amazon too.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:It's a great deal for the top 1% of moviegoers. I know people who see a movie every other week.
I used to be that way until they started making good movies once a year or so.
Lol, it ain't that bad. Granted last year sucked but 2017 has been pretty good.
Jackie was good.

Had to wait for it to hit the cheap dollar theaters because it couldn't make the cut at the big theaters. Too many people wanted to see some superhero movie covering 70% of the screens and Moana covering the rest. Fuck 'em.
too many people wanted to see that is right. if jackie had a big following, it would have gotten screens. it's not the fault of the movies or the studios, it's just what people are paying for now.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:They're in the game of outbidding the big studios now. Neither Netflix or Amazon has any financial restraint, they are trying to take everything. But think about how many uninteresting original programming is on Netflix right now, and you can see they are really just spending to spend for the most part. Amazon too.
netflix has stranger things and the marvel shows and the ozark (which i've heard is good?) so that's something. i don't know what amazon has, or hulu.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yeah with cell phones, social media etc. and data becoming one of the biggest markets out there, they are able to cater to the public's interests more directly and accurately than they ever have before. The niche crowd of people who bitch about the film industry is smaller than we all think clearly.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Yeah with cell phones, social media etc. and data becoming one of the biggest markets out there, they are able to cater to the public's interests more directly and accurately than they ever have before. The niche crowd of people who bitch about the film industry is smaller than we all think clearly.
and the studios are still trying for the less blockbuster-y type stuff too. except maybe disney. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:They're in the game of outbidding the big studios now. Neither Netflix or Amazon has any financial restraint, they are trying to take everything. But think about how many uninteresting original programming is on Netflix right now, and you can see they are really just spending to spend for the most part. Amazon too.
netflix has stranger things and the marvel shows and the ozark (which i've heard is good?) so that's something. i don't know what amazon has, or hulu.
Netflix will have 60 original shows by the end of the year, and that's just scratching the surface.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Netflix will have 60 original shows by the end of the year, and that's just scratching the surface.
60 in all, or 60 this year? you probably meant in all, but i can't be sure. :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
60 in all, 30 this year.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
60 in all, 30 this year.

30 shows in a year is a lot, definitely. and that's not counting the movies too, maybe?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:
60 in all, 30 this year.

30 shows in a year is a lot, definitely. and that's not counting the movies too, maybe?
Yup, as a whole it's just scratching the surface. Documentaries too, so many documentaries.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

My Saturday theme.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DAMN, that was an ace prank.

Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Still no car. The one I was leaning towards got sold, so I'm kinda just hoping another one comes along at that dealer before I settle for something else.

Honestly, even the two I was leaning towards didn't feel quite right to me. I'm weird, I like getting a good feeling about a car before settling :P
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Get a motorcycle bro