Administrator

Re: 8-22-17

Post by showa58taro »

I thought that came out years ago.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

it came out in the mid 80s, but quickly went out of print. and until now, i don't think it's had an official release since the 80s or maybe early 90s.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Have the day off......been reading all day. Not sure what to watch. Horror fer sure.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

If I can work out the price, I might just have a car by this weekend :D
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Woot. Go Dream.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Dream wrote:If I can work out the price, I might just have a car by this weekend :D
Hell yeah!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:rawhead rex is getting an official release, finally. that's awesome. :P
Sweet i saw it once in the 80's cant even remember anything about it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote:Sweet i saw it once in the 80's cant even remember anything about it.
It's a pretty fucking terrible film, so it's easy to forget. I love it, though.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

So far Supernatural season 4 episode 5 "Monster Movie" is my favorite. I really undervalued the quality of this series.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It's going down drastically after season 5 or 6.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

martin scorsese is producing a joker origin movie. (without jared leto, though he is still involved with the dceu)

the way they pitched the whole thing, it feels like an elseworlds thing going forward, with different actors playing the same character. (not just the joker, possibly)
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:martin scorsese is producing a joker origin movie. (without jared leto, though he is still involved with the dceu)

the way they pitched the whole thing, it feels like an elseworlds thing going forward, with different actors playing the same character. (not just the joker, possibly)
I was just reading this. Fucking weird, and not needed. Not really thrilled Todd Phillips is writing and directing, not that I haven't liked his comedies, but seeing him doing what's described as a gritty urban crime movie that would fit in with Scoresese's Taxi Driver through King of Comedy era, I just don't see the skill there, lol.

When I saw the story, I had to check the date and see if it was April 1st.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Todd Phillips...Martin Scorsese...The Joker

Can confirm I never thought I'd associate those three names.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:martin scorsese is producing a joker origin movie. (without jared leto, though he is still involved with the dceu)

I was just reading this. Fucking weird, and not needed. Not really thrilled Todd Phillips is writing and directing, not that I haven't liked his comedies, but seeing him doing what's described as a gritty urban crime movie that would fit in with Scoresese's Taxi Driver through King of Comedy era, I just don't see the skill there, lol.

yeah, it kind of feels like a mess to me. and it's not gonna help the rumors going on that affleck is trying to get out playing batman.

the only thing that has any promise to it at all, with this, is scorsese involvement. :P maybe they'll decide to let him direct...
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Headhunter wrote:Todd Phillips...Martin Scorsese...The Joker

Can confirm I never thought I'd associate those three names.
Right?

Such an odd combination.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:

yeah, it kind of feels like a mess to me. and it's not gonna help the rumors going on that affleck is trying to get out playing batman.

the only thing that has any promise to it at all, with this, is scorsese involvement. :P maybe they'll decide to let him direct...
I dunno, I'd hope Scorsese doesn't direct or get more involved. Dunno how many movies he has left in the tank, can't be too many, rather have him devote his energy and attention to original ideas or at least adapting something we haven't seen on screen before. This one doesn't sound too promising.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

I dunno, I'd hope Scorsese doesn't direct or get more involved. Dunno how many movies he has left in the tank, can't be too many, rather have him devote his energy and attention to original ideas or at least adapting something we haven't seen on screen before. This one doesn't sound too promising.
Same. Not that I wouldn't buy a ticket to see a Joker driven Scorsese movie...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

there is that. definitely would prefer martin scorsese to do more original stuff, particularly finish what he already has in the works without getting bogged down with something else. but i don't wanna see the dceu crash and burn either. i'd like to see more gadot, robbie, and affleck as those characters.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Found I can't write at all when Alli's here, but still a pretty awesome feeling that I crossed 10,000 words today. She's not even aware I'm writing something, lol.