Bernie Sanders supporters elected Donald Trump

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Bernie Sanders supporters elected Donald Trump

Post by Foo »

Trump certainly seemed to be aware as he was clearly courting them. I really hope someone inside that campaign writes a book soon, because I believe their campaign was far more brilliant and unconventional than any in a generation at least. If Trump was not at constant war with the media, I believe this would be discussed more. It was incredibly efficient by modern standards, despite breaking many rules.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:Trump certainly seemed to be aware as he was clearly courting them. I really hope someone inside that campaign writes a book soon, because I believe their campaign was far more brilliant and unconventional than any in a generation at least. If Trump was not at constant war with the media, I believe this would be discussed more. It was incredibly efficient by modern standards, despite breaking many rules.
There were some rumblings about the potential for them to make waves last summer during the whole WikiLeaks saga, but they were mostly dismissed and forgotten about. Me personally, the whole thing became an afterthought but I was paying attention to this for a time. I saw the connection early with the proposed trade policies of Bernie and Trump and there were a few other things that seemed to suggest more ideological links than met the eye. Now we have confirmation that this migration definitely took place and played a huge part. Those margins in those Midwest swing states were microscopic, so they deserve the most analysis. I dunno why you don't at least find it interesting.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I don't find it that interesting because I expected it. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. There were a lot of hard feelings generated by the Democratic primary, even though Bernie was downplaying it (paid off).
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Okay. Well, the data became available yesterday. So I thought I would share...
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:I don't find it that interesting because I expected it. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. There were a lot of hard feelings generated by the Democratic primary, even though Bernie was downplaying it (paid off).
But Trump was highly antithetical to most core Bernie positions. So I would say it definitely is a surprise.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

How many of these defectors voted for Trump purely for revenge against the completely corrupted democrat party? I would like to believe the democrats would learn something from this and try to expand past only focusing on identity politics but it looks like they went for the double down.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:How many of these defectors voted for Trump purely for revenge against the completely corrupted democrat party? I would like to believe the democrats would learn something from this and try to expand past only focusing on identity politics but it looks like they went for the double down.
Some it seems. But such a terrible decision. It's like being annoyed at your prom date rejecting you so you castrate yourself.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:How many of these defectors voted for Trump purely for revenge against the completely corrupted democrat party? I would like to believe the democrats would learn something from this and try to expand past only focusing on identity politics but it looks like they went for the double down.

Some it seems. But such a terrible decision. It's like being annoyed at your prom date rejecting you so you castrate yourself.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Trump in my opinion is a fuckup but still better than Hillary Clinton
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Why? After all this comical failure, and by is that still the case.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Media narrative does not equal reality. Look at what impacts every day lives. Illegal border crossings are down 70%. Businesses are thriving.

The manufactured drama means nothing. Unless the person is a total retard, they have already started to go numb to the daily "let's find a reason to impeach Trump!" nonsense.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Hillary is the embodiment of government corruption and self serving abuse of power.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Hillary is the embodiment of government corruption and self serving abuse of power.
Trump's just stupid
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:I don't find it that interesting because I expected it. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. There were a lot of hard feelings generated by the Democratic primary, even though Bernie was downplaying it (paid off).
But Trump was highly antithetical to most core Bernie positions. So I would say it definitely is a surprise.
Economic nationalism is a view they both share. Just think about that for a moment. Again, media narrative differs from reality. The media focuses on whether a man can legally show his pecker to little girls and 50 year old statues. Smart people spend time focused on their career and wallet.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Economic nationalism is a view they both share. Just think about that for a moment. Again, media narrative differs from reality. The media focuses on whether a man can legally show his pecker to little girls and 50 year old statues. Smart people spend time focused on their career and wallet.
"whether a man can legally show his pecker to little girls" is such a dishonest way to frame that... it's so removed from the reality.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
They still struck me as taking very different tones though. And end games. Plus surely now nobody buys Trump when he says stuff about helping the working class.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
They still struck me as taking very different tones though. And end games. Plus surely now nobody buys Trump when he says stuff about helping the working class.
Trump is for across the board tax cuts and corporate tax cuts, plus finding a better solution than Obamacare. All of these help the working class.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Trump is for across the board tax cuts and corporate tax cuts, plus finding a better solution than Obamacare. All of these help the working class.
The tax cuts don't help the poor and the corporation tax cuts don't help individuals.

As for Obamacare you can drop the lie. We have seen that he understands fucksll about healthcare and that he has no "better" to offer.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Trump supporters should raise their own money for the wall if it's so important to them. What a joke that we're going to be footing the bill for this.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:Trump supporters should raise their own money for the wall if it's so important to them. What a joke that we're going to be footing the bill for this.
You're better off paying for the fucking thing than to have a govt shutdown and default on your debt. Just saying. That is not a good place to be.