NFL Offseason, 2017

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Jason
Administrator

Re: NFL Offseason, 2017

Post by Jason »

That happens every day in the peewees.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It's the second biggest comeback in college football history. Fuck off
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:TJ has more pride than to get on his hands and knees to accept an undeserved bullshit pay cut anyway.

No fan should ever bitch about players leaving their team for the money. TJ did everything right. Loyalty doesn't exist, just get your money and worry about nothing else.
Exactly.

the only X factor I would consider is the role agents play in the negotiations. They are constantly trying to balloon the total value of the deals to make themselves look good. I sometimes really question their commitment to the athlete. Not saying that is the case with this player, but there have been some really iffy contracts by players who seemed to have leverage.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:It's the second biggest comeback in college football history. Fuck off
What's #1? 180 points? :D :D :D

Nah, I root for UCLA against all the other California teams.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:TJ has more pride than to get on his hands and knees to accept an undeserved bullshit pay cut anyway.

No fan should ever bitch about players leaving their team for the money. TJ did everything right. Loyalty doesn't exist, just get your money and worry about nothing else.
Exactly.

the only X factor I would consider is the role agents play in the negotiations. They are constantly trying to balloon the total value of the deals to make themselves look good. I sometimes really question their commitment to the athlete. Not saying that is the case with this player, but there have been some really iffy contracts by players who seemed to have leverage.
I can recall a couple cases of players' agents tabling negotiations in free agency into the summer while teams' cap space dries up and and their guys end up on chump change one year deals. It's kind of sad.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

My quarterback Josh Rosen with the Marino-esque game winner.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_zI0L9-Bg9U
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Saw the lineup and I was like "fake spike"

Glad Gus Johnson is still working.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Waitwaitwait. lol. Why fake the spike WHEN THERE IS NO TIME RUNNING OFF THE CLOCK?

Fucking peewee football, I swear.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Waitwaitwait. lol. Why fake the spike WHEN THERE IS NO TIME RUNNING OFF THE CLOCK?

Nope, the clock was about to start again. See the ref at the line of scrimmage? After a first down in college the clock stops temporarily until the ball is reset. It was about to start running.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:Waitwaitwait. lol. Why fake the spike WHEN THERE IS NO TIME RUNNING OFF THE CLOCK?

Nope, the clock was about to start again. See the ref at the line of scrimmage? After a first down in college the clock stops temporarily until the ball is reset. It was about to start running.
Looks like SOMEONE needs to read up on their peewee league rules.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Only peewees get fooled by a fake spike when the clock stops anyway, u stupid.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:My quarterback Josh Rosen with the Marino-esque game winner.

Love the effort by #10 on that play.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:My quarterback Josh Rosen with the Marino-esque game winner.

Love the effort by #10 on that play.
The fuck are you talking about? There was nothing he could do but try to draw a PI in that situation, he lost track of the ball in the air, easy to do playing the hardest position in football. That was a perfect throw in the perfect spot.

Stop shitting on a 34 point comeback, both of you. Couple of negative Nancys sapping the joy out of my existence... :?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

To be fair, I watched the highlights thinking it was going to be spectacular, and it looks like A&M gave up. Two passes that should have been INTs plus the lack of effort on the last TD. Obviously impressed by the effort to fight back, but the actual football was not good.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:To be fair, I watched the highlights thinking it was going to be spectacular, and it looks like A&M gave up. Two passes that should have been INTs plus the lack of effort on the last TD. Obviously impressed by the effort to fight back, but the actual football was not good.
Really, an interception going through your hands is giving up? No, it's just a miraculous play. Those happen in the NFL too. And there was no "lack of effort" on that last TD. Rosen made an incredible throw, the corner got caught in a bad spot.

You guys sound so ridiculous and joyless it's unbelievable. My mistake for even bringing up college football to people who shit on everything about it all the time and take pride in trying to ruin others' enjoyment of it, I won't do it again. :roll:
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I''m sorry #10 didn't even make a half-assed attempt of defending that ball. Go fuck yourself. Regards.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

There was literally no play for him to make. Hilarious to even argue otherwise.

It's so funny when you guys try to act like these football elitists high fiving each other over how much you don't care about college football. Bills/Jets on Sunday should be a thriller though! And last year the Super Bowl was won because a team was stupid enough to not run out the clock. Great football! Fucking clowns. :lol:
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:There was literally no play for him to make. Hilarious to even argue otherwise.

It's so funny when you guys try to act like these football elitists high fiving each other over how much you don't care about college football. Bills/Jets on Sunday should be a thriller though! And last year the Super Bowl was won because a team was stupid enough to not run out the clock. Great football! Fucking clowns. :lol:
Keep laughing.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Can't wait for not a single Broncos game this year to even touch the excitement of last night's epicness, plus double the commercials.

This week in "amazing elite NFL football for snobs" we have Scott Tolzien vs. Jared Goff, Nathan Peterman vs. Josh McCown and Blake Bortles vs. Tom Savage plus five billion Bud Light commercials.
Last edited by Headhunter on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:There was literally no play for him to make. Hilarious to even argue otherwise.

Keep laughing.
#10 definitely should have tackled the receiver out of bounds and given UCLA first and goal at the one yard line with even less time for A&M to get a drive going at the end of the game. He also should have had three pairs of eyes so he could see the QB, the WR and the ball in the air at the same time. NFL corners famously have three pairs for the game plus a fourth pair for watching all the other amazing elite NFL games featuring Josh McCown and Brian Hoyer.