Liberal Plot to Destroy Small Business

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Liberal Plot to Destroy Small Business

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
i don't know. are there any public figures that you consider to be greedy at all?
Interesting question, zombs. With Hurricane Harvey just roaring, Kevin Hart called out a lot of celebs, shaming them to give. The Rock responded by giving 25k, is he greedy because we know he could give much more? Or is Kevin Hart for putting people on blast?
Joel Osteen being drug through the mud is a great example. People not knowing thee situation at all, sitting behind their keyboards doing jack shit and passing judgement.

Trump gave $1m and people were whining.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
i don't know. are there any public figures that you consider to be greedy at all?
Interesting question, zombs. With Hurricane Harvey just roaring, Kevin Hart called out a lot of celebs, shaming them to give. The Rock responded by giving 25k, is he greedy because we know he could give much more? Or is Kevin Hart for putting people on blast?
that doesn't make kevin hart greedy. but he could be kind of a jerk, depending on how he went about it. i'll go look for the post.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Ok, your sawdust thing reminds me of a conversation I was having with a crab cake vendor this weekend. Basically, I praised him for selling crab cakes and he asked me why we never do and I told him it is because I like to have certain price points and it is difficult to do with crab. You have to use fillers and alter the portion sizes and such to not lose money, and you have to really stay sharp because crab prices change so much and so frequently. He was then lamenting about his poor social media reviews, where people were expecting a $25 crab cake when he was only charging $14 or something like that.

I guess my point is that sometimes inferior quality exists due to consumer demand. For instance, you can pay $2 wholesale for a beautiful premium quality large beef hot dog, or you can pay .18 for a hot dog made with chicken peckers. The chicken pecker dog exists because there is a demand for cheap products. Is Chef Boyardee greedy for using soy proteins, guar gum, protein isolates, mechanically separated chicken, etc. in their products to keep the price low?

How do you force original owners out of a company? Can I be forced out of Crave?
yeah, sometimes consumer demand can make you change the way you make the food or something. but if you're doing something at the expense of the customer, that is corporate greed. you seem to be deflecting, but i guess that's fair.

i mean i guess you could be in theory, but i doubt it's going to happen in your case.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
that doesn't make kevin hart greedy. but he could be kind of a jerk, depending on how he went about it. i'll go look for the post.
"I'm calling this the Hurraice Harvey Relief Challenge....Lets go" <--- is that what you mean? that doesn't seem bad. maybe he did other posts though, that i'm not finding.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Ok, your sawdust thing reminds me of a conversation I was having with a crab cake vendor this weekend. Basically, I praised him for selling crab cakes and he asked me why we never do and I told him it is because I like to have certain price points and it is difficult to do with crab. You have to use fillers and alter the portion sizes and such to not lose money, and you have to really stay sharp because crab prices change so much and so frequently. He was then lamenting about his poor social media reviews, where people were expecting a $25 crab cake when he was only charging $14 or something like that.

I guess my point is that sometimes inferior quality exists due to consumer demand. For instance, you can pay $2 wholesale for a beautiful premium quality large beef hot dog, or you can pay .18 for a hot dog made with chicken peckers. The chicken pecker dog exists because there is a demand for cheap products. Is Chef Boyardee greedy for using soy proteins, guar gum, protein isolates, mechanically separated chicken, etc. in their products to keep the price low?

How do you force original owners out of a company? Can I be forced out of Crave?
yeah, sometimes consumer demand can make you change the way you make the food or something. but if you're doing something at the expense of the customer, that is corporate greed. you seem to be deflecting, but i guess that's fair.

i mean i guess you could be in theory, but i doubt it's going to happen in your case.
I gave a specific example. How is that deflecting? You mentioned adding sawdust to food, which is illegal. That is not corporate greed, that is fraud or worse.

Go ahead, theorize how I could be forced out of Crave. This forcing out premise is something you have brought up several times.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
"I'm calling this the Hurraice Harvey Relief Challenge....Lets go" <--- is that what you mean? that doesn't seem bad. maybe he did other posts though, that i'm not finding.
This is the HMF Relief Challenge... Let's Go. Give me money for the site or you're POS. Dig in!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
This is the HMF Relief Challenge... Let's Go. Give me money for the site or you're POS. Dig in!
was he asking for people to give him money under the pretense of helping victims of harvey? maybe i misunderstood.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
was he asking for people to give him money under the pretense of helping victims of harvey? maybe i misunderstood.
*sigh* Nevermind.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

I gave a specific example. How is that deflecting? You mentioned adding sawdust to food, which is illegal. That is not corporate greed, that is fraud or worse.

Go ahead, theorize how I could be forced out of Crave. This forcing out premise is something you have brought up several times.
you gave an example of someone cutting costs because of demand for the product at a lesser price, and seemingly used that as a way to deflect from the issue of using additives that could hurt the customer.

it is illegal because of regulations. and yes, it's fraud. fraud can be used for greed. you're suggesting that greed isn't greed if it's done through illegal means?

why is that important to theorize? if you don't think people could be forced out of their business, or that it hasn't ever happened, then fair enough. we can move on. you asked for examples. i gave them. if your reason in that was to disprove that corporate greed happens at all. we're gonna have to disagree.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
*sigh* Nevermind.
hypocrisy and holier than thou and the like is not greed. it's stupid and people should knock it off. but unless he was out to get money for himself, in some way, i don't see how that's greed. i guess it could be greed for attention or praise or something.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Kevin Hart could have:

- simply made a donation and not told everyone about it
- Made a donation and tell everyone about it to lead by example

Instead he chose to publicly shame people. possibly so his own star shines brighter. Could he have simply called those people? There is a certain stink of a publicity stunt.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Kevin Hart could have:

- simply made a donation and not told everyone about it
- Made a donation and tell everyone about it to lead by example

Instead he chose to publicly shame people. possibly so his own star shines brighter. Could he have simply called those people? There is a certain stink of a publicity stunt.
did he shame people? can you show me that? as of what i've seen so far, you're right that it could be a publicity stunt or something. that is a form of greed, but not in the way that we were talking in this thread.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

you gave an example of someone cutting costs because of demand for the product at a lesser price, and seemingly used that as a way to deflect from the issue of using additives that could hurt the customer.

it is illegal because of regulations. and yes, it's fraud. fraud can be used for greed. you're suggesting that greed isn't greed if it's done through illegal means?

why is that important to theorize? if you don't think people could be forced out of their business, or that it hasn't ever happened, then fair enough. we can move on. you asked for examples. i gave them. if your reason in that was to disprove that corporate greed happens at all. we're gonna have to disagree.
Good lord, adding non-edible things to food is not illegal because of regulations. If you are knowingly adding sawdust to food and serving it, that is criminal, not a regulatory issue. Just like if a hot dog vendor was pissing in the water. Regulations are not needed to enforce that being a crime.

It is important to theorize because you think things are possible that are not. You are looking at the sad story written by the loser and not how things got to that point.

For instance, as it stands right now, I could not be forced out of Crave because I won the vast majority of it. there are not enough outstanding shares beyond my control to force me out. Now, if I were to sell off more than I won, then that would be possible. So, when an owner is forced out because he sold more shares of his company than he controls, who was the greedy party?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
*sigh* Nevermind.
hypocrisy and holier than thou and the like is not greed. it's stupid and people should knock it off. but unless he was out to get money for himself, in some way, i don't see how that's greed. i guess it could be greed for attention or praise or something.
What is a celebrity's main form of currency? Image. When you use a disaster to enhance your image, are you greedy?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: Good lord, adding non-edible things to food is not illegal because of regulations. If you are knowingly adding sawdust to food and serving it, that is criminal, not a regulatory issue. Just like if a hot dog vendor was pissing in the water. Regulations are not needed to enforce that being a crime.

It is important to theorize because you think things are possible that are not. You are looking at the sad story written by the loser and not how things got to that point.

For instance, as it stands right now, I could not be forced out of Crave because I won the vast majority of it. there are not enough outstanding shares beyond my control to force me out. Now, if I were to sell off more than I won, then that would be possible. So, when an owner is forced out because he sold more shares of his company than he controls, who was the greedy party?

if there is not corporate greed at all, in your estimation, then this thread would seem to not have a purpose. if it just winners overcoming losers, then we can all move on?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
*sigh* Nevermind.
What is a celebrity's main form of currency? Image. When you use a disaster to enhance your image, are you greedy?
greedy for attention and praise, absolutely.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Corporations use liberals as useful idiots.
zombie: corporate greed is a thing.

foo: no it's not.

:P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
*sigh* Nevermind.
greedy for attention and praise, absolutely.
The Rock responded and refused to call out anybody. Meanwhile, K Hart responded by stating he upped his donation and continued to call out more. What does that tell you?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
The Rock responded and refused to call out anybody. Meanwhile, K Hart responded by stating he upped his donation and continued to call out more. What does that tell you?
that would tell me he's a jerk.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: Good lord, adding non-edible things to food is not illegal because of regulations. If you are knowingly adding sawdust to food and serving it, that is criminal, not a regulatory issue. Just like if a hot dog vendor was pissing in the water. Regulations are not needed to enforce that being a crime.

if there is not corporate greed at all, in your estimation, then this thread would seem to not have a purpose. if it just winners overcoming losers, then we can all move on?
Everyone is greedy.