NFL Offseason, 2017

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: NFL Offseason, 2017

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:You have made the play for A&M far more than UCLA in this thread, I dig it. #10 is a fucking hero and I am buying his jersey before Rosen's.
I love college football and a few of you are consistently unfair and overly disrespectful toward it here. I'll defend fucking USC if you clowns are going to bullshit about them too.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:Maybe not lack of effort, but rewatching it again he definitely whiffed on that coverage. His feet stopped moving as the receiver got to him. Big football no-no.
Why even the hesitation with "maybe". It's flat out not lack of effort, that's complete nonsense.

He got caught flat footed and it fucked up his timing.
Last edited by Headhunter on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:You have made the play for A&M far more than UCLA in this thread, I dig it. #10 is a fucking hero and I am buying his jersey before Rosen's.
I love college football and a few of you are consistently unfair and overly disrespectful toward it here. I'll defend fucking USC if you clowns are going to bullshit about them too.
I'll bullshit about the Buffaloes, I don't give a shit. :p
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:Maybe not lack of effort, but rewatching it again he definitely whiffed on that coverage. His feet stopped moving as the receiver got to him. Big football no-no.
Why even the hesitation with "maybe". It's flat out not lack of effort, that's complete nonsense.
Well, the coverage is totally bizarre. He is shuffling sideways the entire time until the ball goes over his head and he's way too late. "Maybe" not a lack of effort, but he was definitely lazy getting ready for the play.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Well, the coverage is totally bizarre. He is shuffling sideways the entire time until the ball goes over his head and he's way too late. "Maybe" not a lack of effort, but he was definitely lazy getting ready for the play.
The play before ended about five-ten seconds before Rosen snapped the ball.

Again, not "maybe". That had nothing to do with it. 0%.
Last edited by Headhunter on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:To be fair, I watched the highlights thinking it was going to be spectacular, and it looks like A&M gave up. Two passes that should have been INTs plus the lack of effort on the last TD. Obviously impressed by the effort to fight back, but the actual football was not good.
Really, an interception going through your hands is giving up? No, it's just a miraculous play. Those happen in the NFL too. And there was no "lack of effort" on that last TD. Rosen made an incredible throw, the corner got caught in a bad spot.

You guys sound so ridiculous and joyless it's unbelievable. My mistake for even bringing up college football to people who shit on everything about it all the time and take pride in trying to ruin others' enjoyment of it, I won't do it again. :roll:
In the highlights, there was an Int opportunity that literally squeezed through a dbs hand and was caught a few yards behind him for a td. Ok, shit happens.

There was a play where the qb throws a wounded duck into a crowd, and it is a td. Ok, shit happens.

The play at the end, was a good throw for sure. Still a lack of effort in terms of coverage and then not even putting arms up or anything. Ok, shit happens.

Again, the comeback was great in terms of effort, I was expecting to see a little better football.
Again, explain how either of those TDs were A&M "not trying". Miraculous yes. Enjoyable too if you like fun things in life. And the last throw was not a lack of effort at all. Your argument is ridiculous.

No, you weren't expecting better football. Because you only trash college football at every potential opportunity. Save that nonsense...
Ok, it was a secondary who was sloppy as fuck then. When you see a qb chucking ducks into a crowd and throwing short on a deep post right into a DBs hands, when you are way behind, you would ordinarily lose.
If that was a "duck" it doesn't even reach the endzone from the angle he released, so that's incorrect. And yeah, the DBs didn't play great. Who fucking cares? It's fucking entertainment, not judging fucking figure skating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2RbN3C1GoA&t=240s

4:00

Would you say that is a good throw to a receiver, or is that chucking it into a crowd?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:To be fair, I watched the highlights thinking it was going to be spectacular, and it looks like A&M gave up. Two passes that should have been INTs plus the lack of effort on the last TD. Obviously impressed by the effort to fight back, but the actual football was not good.
Really, an interception going through your hands is giving up? No, it's just a miraculous play. Those happen in the NFL too. And there was no "lack of effort" on that last TD. Rosen made an incredible throw, the corner got caught in a bad spot.

You guys sound so ridiculous and joyless it's unbelievable. My mistake for even bringing up college football to people who shit on everything about it all the time and take pride in trying to ruin others' enjoyment of it, I won't do it again. :roll:
In the highlights, there was an Int opportunity that literally squeezed through a dbs hand and was caught a few yards behind him for a td. Ok, shit happens.

There was a play where the qb throws a wounded duck into a crowd, and it is a td. Ok, shit happens.

The play at the end, was a good throw for sure. Still a lack of effort in terms of coverage and then not even putting arms up or anything. Ok, shit happens.

Again, the comeback was great in terms of effort, I was expecting to see a little better football.
Again, explain how either of those TDs were A&M "not trying". Miraculous yes. Enjoyable too if you like fun things in life. And the last throw was not a lack of effort at all. Your argument is ridiculous.

No, you weren't expecting better football. Because you only trash college football at every potential opportunity. Save that nonsense...
Ok, it was a secondary who was sloppy as fuck then. When you see a qb chucking ducks into a crowd and throwing short on a deep post right into a DBs hands, when you are way behind, you would ordinarily lose.
If that was a "duck" it doesn't even reach the endzone from the angle he released, so that's incorrect. And yeah, the DBs didn't play great. Who fucking cares? It's fucking entertainment, not judging fucking figure skating.

Would you say that is a good throw to a receiver, or is that chucking it into a crowd?
That's not what you said in the original post. You said it was a duck. That's not what a duck is, ducks have no strength behind them. A duck doesn't land anywhere near the endzone.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Ok. I'll give it to you. 0%. You say the corner couldn't have played it any better, though.What's the deal with the awkward foot-shuffle coverage? I've never seen a corner shuffle his feet to try to guard a receiver who is running full tilt about to blow right past him.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
How about you stop your cuckery here, Headward? Three of us, who are intense sports fans, called a spade a spade. There was no shit talk about it being college, god damnit. I got #10's jersey on order, btw.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Ok. I'll give it to you. 0%. You say the corner couldn't have played it any better, though.What's the deal with the awkward foot-shuffle coverage? I've never seen a corner shuffle his feet to try to guard a receiver who is running full tilt about to blow right past him.
I did say that, but I was talking about the bump technique, he gets the WR to the spot he wants him to go to, that wasn't the issue. He was also flat-footed to start the play so he was immediately in recovery and had to work through it. He never did, but in the end it wouldn't have mattered. It was a great throw.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
How about you stop your cuckery here, Headward? Three of us, who are intense sports fans, called a spade a spade. There was no shit talk about it being college, god damnit. I got #10's jersey on order, btw.
Saying a corner who lost a play gave no effort is not calling a spade a spade. Because it isn't true. As for dismissing the entire comeback, it's just really a dick move if you ask me. What fucking joy do you people get from shitting on something another person finds exciting? And why?

I fucking know it's not the NFL. I know. We all know. Move on already, it's been 11 years of this bullshit!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:There was literally no play for him to make. Hilarious to even argue otherwise.

It's so funny when you guys try to act like these football elitists high fiving each other over how much you don't care about college football. Bills/Jets on Sunday should be a thriller though! And last year the Super Bowl was won because a team was stupid enough to not run out the clock. Great football! Fucking clowns. :lol:
Keep laughing.
#10 definitely should have tackled the receiver out of bounds and given UCLA first and goal at the one yard line with even less time for A&M to get a drive going at the end of the game. He also should have had three pairs of eyes so he could see the QB, the WR and the ball in the air at the same time. NFL corners famously have three pairs for the game plus a fourth pair for watching all the other amazing elite NFL games featuring Josh McCown and Brian Hoyer.
If a corner prevents the blow-by, he can see the QB and the WR and the ball with only just one pair of eyes. Most corners do that in the NFL. A lot of corners still lose out to speedy receivers like Antonio Brown and shit, but they don't truffle shuffle and hope to keep up with him running downfield.

His shitty coverage was exposed on this play for the win, is what I'm seeing.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Saying a corner who lost a play gave no effort is not calling a spade a spade. Because it isn't true. As for dismissing the entire comeback, it's just really a dick move if you ask me. What fucking joy do you people get from shitting on something another person finds exciting? And why?

I fucking know it's not the NFL. I know. We all know. Move on already, it's been 11 years of this bullshit!
I thought the comeback was exhilarating and brilliant. The fuck you on about?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:There was literally no play for him to make. Hilarious to even argue otherwise.

It's so funny when you guys try to act like these football elitists high fiving each other over how much you don't care about college football. Bills/Jets on Sunday should be a thriller though! And last year the Super Bowl was won because a team was stupid enough to not run out the clock. Great football! Fucking clowns. :lol:
Keep laughing.
#10 definitely should have tackled the receiver out of bounds and given UCLA first and goal at the one yard line with even less time for A&M to get a drive going at the end of the game. He also should have had three pairs of eyes so he could see the QB, the WR and the ball in the air at the same time. NFL corners famously have three pairs for the game plus a fourth pair for watching all the other amazing elite NFL games featuring Josh McCown and Brian Hoyer.
If a corner prevents the blow-by, he can see the QB and the WR and the ball with only just one pair of eyes. Most corners do that in the NFL. A lot of corners still lose out to speedy receivers like Antonio Brown and shit, but they don't truffle shuffle and hope to keep up with him running downfield.

His shitty coverage was exposed on this play for the win, is what I'm seeing.
His job on that play is not to stay in front of the WR though. It's to lock the WR into a barrier between him and the sideline and cut off the passing window. It was not pretty but he essentially did that. If he hadn't, Rosen has a much easier throw with more space for his WR to work with.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I thought the comeback was exhilarating and brilliant. The fuck you on about?
Jason wrote:That happens every day in the peewees.
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:My quarterback Josh Rosen with the Marino-esque game winner.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_zI0L9-Bg9U

Love the effort by #10 on that play.
What do you think I'm on about? These were the three initial responses. Why was it your first instinct to shit all over it? Why?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I said I loved the effort, what the fuck?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

That's not what you said in the original post. You said it was a duck. That's not what a duck is, ducks have no strength behind them. A duck doesn't land anywhere near the endzone.
Ok, I did not see the spiral of the ball. It was still not a pass placed to a receiver, it was chucked into a crowd, short. He got the depth needed to get it into the endzone. So that is something but like I said, hardly good football.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

How ridiculous would it be if I dissected every NFL play you guys talked about here and talked about how everything should be discredited because of another player's mistake? It's fucking annoying and you've been doing it and similar things of the like for eleven fucking years. It's like you have to take it personally than anyone could ever have the audacity to watch anything but the NFL. It's bullshit.
Last edited by Headhunter on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Ok, I did not see the spiral of the ball. It was still not a pass placed to a receiver, it was chucked into a crowd, short. He got the depth needed to get it into the endzone. So that is something but like I said, hardly good football.
Are good football and entertaining football always the same? This shit was a modern day Sea of Hands with Kenny Stabler. It was an incredible moment and was more exciting than any normal touchdown could have been. And the team got absolutely fired up. It was a great moment.
Last edited by Headhunter on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:How ridiculous would it be if I dissected every NFL play you guys talked about here and talked about how everything should be discredited because of another player's mistake? It's fucking annoying and you've been doing it and similar things of the like for eleven fucking years. It's like you have to take it personally than anyone could ever have the audacity to watch anything but the NFL. It's bullshit.
*offers Head a shot* #10 is on the way, bro!