NFL Offseason, 2017

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: NFL Offseason, 2017

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:How ridiculous would it be if I dissected every NFL play you guys talked about here and talked about how everything should be discredited because of another player's mistake? It's fucking annoying and you've been doing it and similar things of the like for eleven fucking years. It's like you have to take it personally than anyone could ever have the audacity to watch anything but the NFL. It's bullshit.
*offers Head a shot* #10 is on the way, bro!
Dude it's a true freshman cornerback. The last game he played was in high school. God forbid he gives up a TD. You guys are just mean-spirited about this stuff.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Just saying, I don't think Hail Mary's are great football plays, either. I can appreciate timing, deception, athleticism, etc. When I seeing a comeback, I expect to see an iffy throw that works. I don't expect to see that many.

Its like playing Tecmo bowl with someone who runs their qb back into their own end zone and throws it 100 yards to the other end zone for a jump ball TD. Ok, that happened. It is not like watching a vintage Elway comeback with lasers firing everywhere.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:Just saying, I don't think Hail Mary's are great football plays, either. I can appreciate timing, deception, athleticism, etc. When I seeing a comeback, I expect to see an iffy throw that works. I don't expect to see that many.

Its like playing Tecmo bowl with someone who runs their qb back into their own end zone and throws it 100 yards to the other end zone for a jump ball TD. Ok, that happened. It is not like watching a vintage Elway comeback with lasers firing everywhere.
Yes, a 9 yard out route would be so much more thrilling than those amazing miraculous plays last night. I'm pretty sure the entire UCLA football team would disagree with that assessment, as would the millions of viewers and thousands in the stands. You have no appreciation for the emotion of the game.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:How ridiculous would it be if I dissected every NFL play you guys talked about here and talked about how everything should be discredited because of another player's mistake? It's fucking annoying and you've been doing it and similar things of the like for eleven fucking years. It's like you have to take it personally than anyone could ever have the audacity to watch anything but the NFL. It's bullshit.
*offers Head a shot* #10 is on the way, bro!
Dude it's a true freshman cornerback. The last game he played was in high school. God forbid he gives up a TD. You guys are just mean-spirited about this stuff.
Truthfully, I don't give a shit *hiccup* Where are all the white women at!?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And no, an actual football game played between actual athletes is not anything like playing Tecmo Bowl.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:Just saying, I don't think Hail Mary's are great football plays, either. I can appreciate timing, deception, athleticism, etc. When I seeing a comeback, I expect to see an iffy throw that works. I don't expect to see that many.

My man!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The biggest straw man in HMF history is the imaginary argument that gets tossed around that the skill level of college is comparable to the NFL. Obviously it doesn't. No one's ever said that. But constantly here, the skill level gets dragged and you guys compare it to the NFL and have a good old time laughing about it. Like, what the fuck. I don't watch college football to see the game played at the highest skill level. The NFL fills that need. I watch it for the variance of offensive systems, the open style of play, the traditions, the rivalries, the amazing crowds, the "every week is playoffs" nature and because it's just fucking fun. Saturdays in the fall when there are like 20 games on that day is fun. I have fun. I enjoy myself.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:

Yes, a 9 yard out route would be so much more thrilling than those amazing miraculous plays last night. I'm pretty sure the entire UCLA football team would disagree with that assessment, as would the millions of viewers and thousands in the stands. You have no appreciation for the emotion of the game.
You don't think those 10 play drives during comebacks are thrilling? Quick out. Screen, try to get to the sideline. Spike the ball. Quick out. slant. Spike. Draw. Timeout. Deep out. Qb sneak for a TD!

There is much more drama with the clock. And much more exhibition of skill.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

You don't think those 10 play drives during comebacks are thrilling? Quick out. Screen, try to get to the sideline. Spike the ball. Quick out. slant. Spike. Draw. Timeout. Deep out. Qb sneak for a TD!

There is much more drama with the clock. And much more exhibition of skill.
I think it's exciting, yes. I love all football. It's all great to me.

But I'd rather see amazing moments I can't believe like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXvaRUP4l4
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:The biggest straw man in HMF history is the imaginary argument that gets tossed around that the skill level of college is comparable to the NFL. Obviously it doesn't. No one's ever said that. But constantly here, the skill level gets dragged and you guys compare it to the NFL and have a good old time laughing about it. Like, what the fuck. I don't watch college football to see the game played at the highest skill level. The NFL fills that need. I watch it for the variance of offensive systems, the open style of play, the traditions, the rivalries, the amazing crowds, the "every week is playoffs" nature and because it's just fucking fun. Saturdays in the fall when there are like 20 games on that day is fun. I have fun. I enjoy myself.
I like to see future gynecologists at schools that care about academics get run over by some thug at Alabama who is in his fifth year in college and still can't read.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:The biggest straw man in HMF history is the imaginary argument that gets tossed around that the skill level of college is comparable to the NFL. Obviously it doesn't. No one's ever said that. But constantly here, the skill level gets dragged and you guys compare it to the NFL and have a good old time laughing about it. Like, what the fuck. I don't watch college football to see the game played at the highest skill level. The NFL fills that need. I watch it for the variance of offensive systems, the open style of play, the traditions, the rivalries, the amazing crowds, the "every week is playoffs" nature and because it's just fucking fun. Saturdays in the fall when there are like 20 games on that day is fun. I have fun. I enjoy myself.
I like to see future gynecologists at schools that care about academics get run over by some thug at Alabama who is in his fifth year in college and still can't read.
Alabama just played Florida State. Maybe some of the players on their team are future gynecologists, I don't know.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Nobody fucking watches those games anyway. Boo hoo, two games a year are throwaways in what's otherwise the most thrilling regular season format in all of sports. The Patriots play the fucking Jets and Bills twice a year and they're PAID to compete.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'll take the blame for the peewee rep on HMF. Mostly my doing. People say college football is more exciting than NFL football. That is because of the amount of errors that make for huge plays in college widely outnumber those plays in the NFL. The Michigan-Michigan State ending was incredibly exciting. But Jesus Christ it was fucking stupid. And this shit happens on a game-to-game basis in college. That is my issue, and I'm only ribbing it. I can appreciate a great play in college as much as I can a great play in the NFL.

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
:D
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It actually isn't you Jason. Well probably more-so in recent years than anyone but it is Foo who has long been the Negative Nancy. Since 2006, he has gone out of his way to shit on any source of excitement anyone here has about college football. It's horrible. You just fuck around and make jokes.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Sideline Reporter: "I am here with Alabama wideout, DeCreamishaw Ali...DeCreamishaw, what was the gameplan today?"

DeCreamishaw Ali: "Go err yessum, great googly moogely..."

Sideline Reporter: "Back to you Skip and Pete!"
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:Sideline Reporter: "I am here with Alabama wideout, DeCreamishaw Ali...DeCreamishaw, what was the gameplan today?"

DeCreamishaw Ali: "Go err yessum, great googly moogely..."

Sideline Reporter: "Back to you Skip and Pete!"
Wow what a knee slapper. You go ahead and pretend to be outraged about the institution of college football, I'll go ahead and just enjoy myself watching. Having fun is fun.
Last edited by Headhunter on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:It actually isn't you Jason. Well probably more-so in recent years than anyone but it is Foo who has long been the Negative Nancy. Since 2006, he has gone out of his way to shit on any source of excitement anyone here has about college football. It's horrible. You just fuck around and make jokes.
I do hate it. I liked watching Johnny Football and Tebow though. :p
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:It actually isn't you Jason. Well probably more-so in recent years than anyone but it is Foo who has long been the Negative Nancy. Since 2006, he has gone out of his way to shit on any source of excitement anyone here has about college football. It's horrible. You just fuck around and make jokes.
I do hate it. I liked watching Johnny Football and Tebow though. :p
Why did you like watching Johnny Football...
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you didn't appreciate Manziel's ability to hit crossing routes on time. Am I wrong?