NFL Offseason, 2017

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Foo
Administrator

Re: NFL Offseason, 2017

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:It actually isn't you Jason. Well probably more-so in recent years than anyone but it is Foo who has long been the Negative Nancy. Since 2006, he has gone out of his way to shit on any source of excitement anyone here has about college football. It's horrible. You just fuck around and make jokes.
I do hate it. I liked watching Johnny Football and Tebow though. :p
Why did you like watching Johnny Football...
Hype, and he was a good scrambler and playmaker.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:It actually isn't you Jason. Well probably more-so in recent years than anyone but it is Foo who has long been the Negative Nancy. Since 2006, he has gone out of his way to shit on any source of excitement anyone here has about college football. It's horrible. You just fuck around and make jokes.
You realize the scrambling and playmaking for Manziel was usually the result of taking advantage of sloppy defensive play and mistakes right? And that the improvisational style, extending plays couldn't hold up in the NFL. And you still even enjoyed it? Something isn't adding up here, Foo.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I like college football 8-)
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
You realize the scrambling and playmaking for Manziel was usually the result of taking advantage of sloppy defensive play and mistakes right? And that the improvisational style, extending plays couldn't hold up in the NFL. And you still even enjoyed it? Something isn't adding up here, Foo.
Of course. Was just fun.

I really do dislike everything college football and basketball stand for, so enjoying it is difficult for me.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:I like college football 8-)
Terps?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Of course. Was just fun.

I really do dislike everything college football and basketball stand for, so enjoying it is difficult for me.
Fair enough. You seemed really dismissive of the open style in college from an entertainment standpoint. If it's relative, I get it.

I don't not share your concerns with the system. But I'm probably legitimately addicted to football so I pretty much ignore NCAA bullshit, CTE etc.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Terps?
TERPS!!!!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Terps?
TERPS!!!!
Dropping 51 on the Horns in Austin was pretty amazing.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Terps?
TERPS!!!!
It will probably be the highlight of the whole season but when you have not beat a ranked team since 2010 i'll take it.
Last edited by Tiggnutz on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Terps?
TERPS!!!!
It will probably be the highlight of the whole season but when you have not beat a ranked team since 2010 i'll take it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Of course. Was just fun.

Fair enough. You seemed really dismissive of the open style in college from an entertainment standpoint. If it's relative, I get it.

I don't not share your concerns with the system. But I'm probably legitimately addicted to football so I pretty much ignore NCAA bullshit, CTE etc.
It was hype as much as anything.

CTE got me away from the NFL (as did the business and relationships). My college hate precluded all of that.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Terps?
TERPS!!!!
It will probably be the highlight of the whole season but when you have not beat a ranked team since 2012 i'll take it.
Yeah I'm sure that game said more about how not ready for showtime Texas is. Amazing what happened to that program.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Of course. Was just fun.

It was hype as much as anything.

CTE got me away from the NFL (as did the business and relationships). My college hate precluded all of that.
Your principles matter. I'm just trying to sit on my couch all day, eat bad-for-you food and sweat through as many tight fourth quarters as I can find.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Back to the NFL for a minute...for those of you who gamble, last year was an all time year for favorites covering and the overs hitting. I expect the underdogs and the unders will bounce back and clean up this year. I'm an under guy anyway (because I apparently love to torture myself) but am even more bullish this year.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

That Michigan punt video I posted inspired me to make this. I'll be utilizing it when the o-line costs us a game or two this year.

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:That Michigan punt video I posted inspired me to make this. I'll be utilizing it when the o-line costs us a game or two this year.

The line is better at three positions this year, they can be an NFL average line as long as Bolles isn't totally horrible. It's gonna be on Siemian to get it done.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

They looked like the same old o-line in preseason. As long as Donald Stephenson never touches the field it will always be a plus, though.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:They looked like the same old o-line in preseason. As long as Donald Stephenson never touches the field it will always be a plus, though.
Same old O-line? Disagree, I saw movement in the run game for the first time since...fuck, Shanahan probably. Pass pro a work in progress but very few lines can hold up in pass pro consistently anymore. The pass rushers are too good now. Trevor just needs to thrive on that quick release, McCoy's offense will help.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Would be nice. And Simmons better be the next Steve Atwater and/or Dennis Smith.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Oh I'm prepared to throw my head into a pillow the first time I see Justin Simmons miss an open field tackle. :lol:

I do like all of our young safeties though. Justin has great length for covering TEs, elite speed and range for a safety and seems really bright. He needs to prove he can bring the physicality needed.