Liberal Plot to Destroy Small Business

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Liberal Plot to Destroy Small Business

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:by the way, I ran the inflation adjuster and the McDonald's brothers were paid over $22M in today's money for their name and concept. They kept their restaurant.
yeah, they failed to tell him that their own first restaurant was not part of the buy out deal. or i think they actually lied and it said it was. reports vary. but he opened a mcdonalds nearby to spite them and knock them out of the game. so yeah.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:by the way, I ran the inflation adjuster and the McDonald's brothers were paid over $22M in today's money for their name and concept. They kept their restaurant.
yeah, they failed to tell him that their own first restaurant was not part of the buy out deal. or i think they actually lied and it said it was. reports vary. but he opened a mcdonalds nearby to spite them and knock them out of the game. so yeah.
Is it possible that it was simply a good area to open a McDonalds? Burger Kings and Wendys open near McDonalds all the time. I don't think they waste millions out of spite, it is because there is business there.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Is it possible that it was simply a good area to open a McDonalds? Burger Kings and Wendys open near McDonalds all the time. I don't think they waste millions out of spite, it is because there is business there.
he had a good idea that it would make money, as the mcdonald brothers did well in that area for years. so it was never wasting the money.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
he had a good idea that it would make money, as the mcdonald brothers did well in that area for years. so it was never wasting the money.
Ok, then how is that out of spite?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:I debated opening a movie theater to show older movies. Maybe a dozen screens, one movie per screen, and a new rotation every two weeks or so, with DVDs available for purchase of the movies that were shown. That dream was quickly shattered when it became apparent that it wasn't possible. :p
Last year Crave did the opening for a Drive in theater. It did not work out for those people in part because they were a special kind of stupid. When they were selling everything off, I contemplated buying it. In fact, I reached out to Wil to see if he was interested in running it and he never got back to me. :(
Clearly he was not interested. :p

Still a fun thing to daydream about, though. The idea I had would surely thrive in the right demographics. I even wanted to make sure the toilet paper in the restrooms was of the highest quality.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
it wasn't done out of spite, then. it was done to out-compete the brothers out of the one last restaurant that they had left.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

he must be a hero of yours or something. so i'm sorry for thinking poorly of him.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:he must be a hero of yours or something. so i'm sorry for thinking poorly of him.
Don't be hateful.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
it wasn't done out of spite, then. it was done to out-compete the brothers out of the one last restaurant that they had left.
Or, it was a good spot to put a McDonalds. Since they are literally everywhere, there must be a lot of time spent trying to find people to spend millions on to spite. One just went up near a Dairy Queen, they must hate that fucking bitch.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:he must be a hero of yours or something. so i'm sorry for thinking poorly of him.
Don't be hateful.
i was being sincere. you go out of your way to defend him. there must be something to that. so i'll let it go.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Don't be hateful.
i was being sincere. you go out of your way to defend him. there must be something to that. so i'll let it go.
I don't think being successful is immoral.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
and i agree.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
and i agree.
But immoral people have found success through their immorality. See: Enron
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
and i agree.
Also see the milllions of people on disability and unemployment who shouldn't be.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
and i agree.
Also see the milllions of people on disability and unemployment who shouldn't be.
Exactly. So Greed can be channeled into some good but it can also have lasting negative consequences. Let's not pretend all greed is good greed.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
and i agree.
Exactly. So Greed can be channeled into some good but it can also have lasting negative consequences. Let's not pretend all greed is good greed.
Indeed. I just watched Deepwater Horizon last night, and while who knows all the facts, that was some bullshit. Good flick, though.