September 7th, 2017

The daily chat room.
Dream
Charter Member

September 7th, 2017

Post by Dream »

On today's episode of "The Lives of a Redneck":

My grandma had 7 kids. When she died she had land divided up between those 7 kids (about 4 acres a piece or so.) My grandma set up who got which parts and some of it was based on whether or not said kid or their kids/grandkids had a trailer on that part of the land or not. A lot of this acreage is in the woods, there's maybe 2-3 acres of the land without dense woods on it. My aunt and her daughter are now pitching a fit cause they only get part of the already cleared land and some of her kids/grandkids may have to clear some of the woods in order to put a trailer up there. She thought she would get all of the cleared land on the side her trailer is on and a little bit of the woods and everyone else would get the wooded land.

This all came up cause my niece asked my uncle if she could put a trailer over on part of the land that belongs to him (My Aunt's brother, not husband) and he told her it was fine. So now my cousin (who is 43 years old by the way) is calling my niece (who is 26) every name under the sun cause she's just now finding out that she'll have to clear land if she wants to put a trailer up there, and my aunt is raising hell about it too. My uncle is calmly trying to explain to both of them that the land is sectioned according to how my grandma set it up, and the trailer is absolutely going on his part of the land and he is fine with that cause she asked his permission before doing it. My aunt is dragging my mom into it because my niece isn't putting the trailer on "my mom's" part of the land on the opposite side of the property (again, my niece asked my uncle, who is named as the owner of that part of the land, and he was perfectly fine with it.)

I'm gonna go ahead and assume my family is the only one so dysfunctional that they get set off at the idea they have to share what someone gave them with their siblings and cousins.

Like, my cousin is legitimately threatening my niece over a non-existent issue just because she doesn't like the reality of the situation.

Yet they wonder why I don't come visit...
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: September 7th, 2017

Post by showa58taro »

Sounds like utter garbage from the outside. Bunch of pricks.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

showa58taro wrote:Sounds like utter garbage from the outside. Bunch of pricks.

This is a good day in my family. Or at least for that particular branch of my family :P They are kind of a hot mess. It would be so amusing if I wasn't related to them.

I used to be the one to calm down both sides and get everyone to be rational. This time I just grabbed popcorn. I'm kinda sick of stressing myself out cause my relatives have the collective IQ of your average five year old.

That particular Aunt, as much as I love her, is kind of a coked out nutcase and her kids and grand-kids are right there with her. (She has one grandkid who isn't an addict and that grandkid is treated like shit.)
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

should i watch after midnight now, or wait til october?
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

... I think I just accidentally turned one of my cousins atheist :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Dream wrote:... I think I just accidentally turned one of my cousins atheist :P
Made them stop seeing the light?