Friday 22nd September

The daily chat room.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Friday 22nd September

Post by Tiggnutz »

If I cicked on this site it would not say this site is for people who love horror at all.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Heh. I went all humble with one of the trolls, and he managed to delete his entire thread :p
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Heh. I went all humble with one of the trolls, and he managed to delete his entire thread :p
What?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Heh. I went all humble with one of the trolls, and he managed to delete his entire thread :p
What?
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I've already got trolls, lol. The Justice League facebook page posted my piece as an individual post (they do this for some entries) and I've already got some trolling on it, mostly mocking my Gal Gadot.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
What?
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I've already got trolls, lol. The Justice League facebook page posted my piece as an individual post (they do this for some entries) and I've already got some trolling on it, mostly mocking my Gal Gadot.
Fuck them dude you know better than listening to that
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
What?
You could either do the diplomatic thing and be kind, or call them fat queers. Post a drawing of two guys humping and say "I am sure you will like this better.".
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
What?
Eh. It's still good to rifle through it because clearly they're picking on it for a reason. Even the ones that aren't trolling says she's a bit off. I don't see it, but clearly others do.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
What?
Eh. It's still good to rifle through it because clearly they're picking on it for a reason. Even the ones that aren't trolling says she's a bit off. I don't see it, but clearly others do.
I just stared at it. Gal Gadot has a strange face in real life. I think you might have fallen into the "Uncanny Valley" somehow, but I can't finger it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
What?
I just stared at it. Gal Gadot has a strange face in real life. I think you might have fallen into the "Uncanny Valley" somehow, but I can't finger it.
lol. It's funny, there are other ones of WW that were posted, that hardly look like her, one looking completely different, no one is criticizing them. I figured there would be naysayers somewhere, it is the internet, but I'm just surprised it's directed at a section that I thought was the strongest.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
What?
lol. It's funny, there are other ones of WW that were posted, that hardly look like her, one looking completely different, no one is criticizing them. I figured there would be naysayers somewhere, it is the internet, but I'm just surprised it's directed at a section that I thought was the strongest.
Uncanny Valley, I am telling ya. Her face deviates from the norm and I think when you see it drawn from a certain angle, with accuracy, it could be unnerving. I bet a too realistic depiction of Reese Witherspoon's forehead or Owen Wilson's nose would also get similar reactions.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

You see this a lot with video games that use real scans of people, as well.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Foo wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
What?
Uncanny Valley, I am telling ya. Her face deviates from the norm and I think when you see it drawn from a certain angle, with accuracy, it could be unnerving. I bet a too realistic depiction of Reese Witherspoon's forehead or Owen Wilson's nose would also get similar reactions.
Interesting. You could be right, because someone just replied to me asking what is "off" and he mentioned he thinks it's the angle (and he still says the thing looks fantastic, so he wasn't trolling me in the first place).

I still find the Cheetah/Planet Of The Apes comparisons ones funny.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:Sailing? You posh twat. :P
Fuck that, I will only go sailing (like real sail boat sailing today on a 40 footer, not talking motorized or yacht or summat) again if it is posh twat time. I got put to work today working all the lines and shit. Right after doing a bunch of "grinding" non-sense, I get my seat higher up in the corner of the boat ready to take pics and chill, almost immediately I am volunteered to be a "Bowman". I say fuck it, no idea what I'm doing, but fuck it, I'll do it. I get some directions I am only half-assing listening to, but it's said what I am doing should be okay, but be prepared to drop low/duck just in case. Well almost immediately in comes my "tack" where the "boom" (big metal beam holding up the sail) comes screaming at me at 100 and all I can think of is all the video fails of that hitting a motherfucker in the head. So I don't only duck but go down on my back, but I got one hand still holding the line trying to be a trooper doing my job. Welp, fuck that, as then the "grinders" start going to work overtime on the ropes and they whisked my ass straight off the upper level of the deck onto the lower one. So I'm holding on to railings just hoping my ass doesn't slip through the cracks going overboard, when an epiphany hits me... "Who in the BLUE FUCK thinks this is fun?! When I've gone out on a boat before, it's kicking back, drinking beers (none here) and having a good time, this "sail boat" shit can fuck off". After the quick epiphany, I look down and notice a big t-shaped rod used for tying off lines right next to my shoulder... How in the fuck I didn't hit that rod somehow, someway and fuck myself up, God only knows.

But even after that scary, and embarrassing moment, I wanted to tap out with this "Bowman" shit, but I am proud to say I didn't. With the adrenaline pumping (and I'm not gonna feel the after effects until tomorrow), again I said fuck it, tried different approaches and killed it being a "Bowman" the next hour, the biggest issue being the crew on our line sucked. I'm looking over at the port side of the boat and what they're doing is nothing, our side is like "Jesus Christ, pull!".

Luckily the sail back was awesome. 50/50 experience for me. Sail back was kicking back, listening to tunes, very little work, and it was a glorious day today. But I ain't ever going on a sail boat again I got to work all those fucking lines.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

About to give Leatherface a watch, let's see how this turns out.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok wrote:About to give Leatherface a watch, let's see how this turns out.
Very curious. I mean, I'm one of the few that did dig the newest Chainsaw movie (the only one I really liked since the 3rd), but if they want to just keep rebooting instead of continuing...I guess the trailer didn't look too terrible.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:Hopefully it's a good one, I'm going sailing today.

Could've easily went with Come Sail Away, but too obvious.

Here's a scenario for ya:

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Sailing? You posh twat. :P
Fuck that, I will only go sailing (like real sail boat sailing today on a 40 footer, not talking motorized or yacht or summat) again if it is posh twat time. I got put to work today working all the lines and shit. Right after doing a bunch of "grinding" non-sense, I get my seat higher up in the corner of the boat ready to take pics and chill, almost immediately I am volunteered to be a "Bowman". I say fuck it, no idea what I'm doing, but fuck it, I'll do it. I get some directions I am only half-assing listening to, but it's said what I am doing should be okay, but be prepared to drop low/duck just in case. Well almost immediately in comes my "tack" where the "boom" (big metal beam holding up the sail) comes screaming at me at 100 and all I can think of is all the video fails of that hitting a motherfucker in the head. So I don't only duck but go down on my back, but I got one hand still holding the line trying to be a trooper doing my job. Welp, fuck that, as then the "grinders" start going to work overtime on the ropes and they whisked my ass straight off the upper level of the deck onto the lower one. So I'm holding on to railings just hoping my ass doesn't slip through the cracks going overboard, when an epiphany hits me... "Who in the BLUE FUCK thinks this is fun?! When I've gone out on a boat before, it's kicking back, drinking beers (none here) and having a good time, this "sail boat" shit can fuck off". After the quick epiphany, I look down and notice a big t-shaped rod used for tying off lines right next to my shoulder... How in the fuck I didn't hit that rod somehow, someway and fuck myself up, God only knows.

But even after that scary, and embarrassing moment, I wanted to tap out with this "Bowman" shit, but I am proud to say I didn't. With the adrenaline pumping (and I'm not gonna feel the after effects until tomorrow), again I said fuck it, tried different approaches and killed it being a "Bowman" the next hour, the biggest issue being the crew on our line sucked. I'm looking over at the port side of the boat and what they're doing is nothing, our side is like "Jesus Christ, pull!".

Luckily the sail back was awesome. 50/50 experience for me. Sail back was kicking back, listening to tunes, very little work, and it was a glorious day today. But I ain't ever going on a sail boat again I got to work all those fucking lines.
Yeah, I'm not a beach/sail/water-in-general kind of guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyR7XB0VBPM&t=98s
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Very curious. I mean, I'm one of the few that did dig the newest Chainsaw movie (the only one I really liked since the 3rd), but if they want to just keep rebooting instead of continuing...I guess the trailer didn't look too terrible.
I really don't know what I think about this one honestly and it just didn't feel like a Texas Chainsaw film for some reason. Maybe it's just the fact that i'm tired of origin stories and I don't need to know what caused Jed to slowly turn into a crazy killer. It is pretty bloody, i'll give it that, but I just didn't find the story all that interesting.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Gotta give some props to the creativity. One described my Gal as "did she have sex with a hairless cat and this is the outcome?" or something to that notion. Harsh bro.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Havok wrote:
I really don't know what I think about this one honestly and it just didn't feel like a Texas Chainsaw film for some reason. Maybe it's just the fact that i'm tired of origin stories and I don't need to know what caused Jed to slowly turn into a crazy killer. It is pretty bloody, i'll give it that, but I just didn't find the story all that interesting.
"Jed" <---This ruined my day, Havok!