Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:If everyone kneels it might start to lose its dramatic purpose next week someone's going to have to step up and wipe his ass with a flag. Or better yet refuse to take a paycheck for chasing a ball for some ultra wealthy rich white guy. :lol:
:lol: I'd like to see them give up their paycheck for the cause, that might be something. Like that will happen.
Like Chris Long?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Kaepernick isn't making any NFL money right now and donates all the time. How much do they have to give for it to mean something?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Why is it more patriotic to stand for a national anthem than actually giving to charity, helping Americans? What kind of fascist state of mind are we operating in in 2017?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:If everyone kneels it might start to lose its dramatic purpose next week someone's going to have to step up and wipe his ass with a flag. Or better yet refuse to take a paycheck for chasing a ball for some ultra wealthy rich white guy. :lol:
:lol: I'd like to see them give up their paycheck for the cause, that might be something. Like that will happen.
Like Chris Long?
What about him?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Like Chris Long?
What about him?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -week-two/
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Like Chris Long?
What about him?
I always knew he was a great fucking dude. Is everybody following suit, especially in protest?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It's funny how the assumption is to be skeptical, to believe the players are selfish, greedy, disingenuous etc. Players donate a lot of money and especially a lot of time to working with their communities, things 99% of the people boo'ing neither have the inclination or resources to do at even close to the same level.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:It's funny how the assumption is to be skeptical, to believe the players are selfish, greedy, disingenuous etc. Players donate a lot of money and especially a lot of time to working with their communities, things 99% of the people boo'ing neither have the inclination or resources to do at even close to the same level.
Maybe it's because a country like America have afforded them the luxury to do so.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Like Chris Long?
What about him?
I always knew he was a great fucking dude. Is everybody following suit, especially in protest?
Every player is obligated to donate time to their communities for one. The Broncos have an event of some sort almost every week and players never miss it. As far as spending their own money goes? I know the outspoken types like the Kaepernicks, Bennetts etc. have put their money where their mouth is. Some guys have quietly been active like this for a long time, like Anquan Boldin. On average, NFL players are far more charitable with their money than most.

I guess the real question is what would make it acceptable. They're not tangibly harming anyone with their protest but it almost forces them to take on the obligation of doing more for their communities, where anything you give is really a plus.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:It's funny how the assumption is to be skeptical, to believe the players are selfish, greedy, disingenuous etc. Players donate a lot of money and especially a lot of time to working with their communities, things 99% of the people boo'ing neither have the inclination or resources to do at even close to the same level.
Maybe it's because a country like America have afforded them the luxury to do so.
They were afforded no luxuries. They all worked their asses off and in most cases overcame horrible circumstances that set 90% of people back. America did jack shit for them. They honed their skills tirelessly while in many cases starving and fans liked football so they can earn a living from it. That's it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

But yeah, winning the birth lottery by not being born in Somalia means they should get in line when Trump tells them to. Fuck that. If he keeps up his bullshit, I hope more and more kneel.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
They were afforded no luxuries. They all worked their asses off and in most cases overcame horrible circumstances that set 90% of people back. America did jack shit for them. They honed their skills tirelessly while in many cases starving and fans liked football so they can earn a living from it. That's it.
I was talking about the fans, afforded the luxury to boo.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Except that they're the same people who are outraged about something disrupting the national anthem, which physically taking a knee doesn't. Their jeering does though. Hypocrites who hide their indifference to injustice behind symbolism.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Except that they're the same people who are outraged about something disrupting the national anthem, which physically taking a knee doesn't. Their jeering does though. Hypocrites who hide their indifference to injustice behind symbolism.
So someone burning the flag is okay, as Jiggy is cool with? It's not physically disrupting any parties, but if the crowd jeers, fuck them!
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
So someone burning the flag is okay, as Jiggy is cool with? It's not physically disrupting any parties, but if the crowd jeers, fuck them!
Who is burning a flag? A football player? That hypothetical doesn't even make sense. But that's legal. Would be stupid to do that as a player at a game where your body is needed, but I don't give a shit.

All this blind attachment to symbolism just to deflect from the reasons this protest started in the first place.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:All the jeering at the players pre-game has an INCREDIBLY "Better stand up, boy" feel to it. These cowards at the games should be ashamed of themselves.
My grandfather would have smacked me and said, "Better stand up, boy!" if I was as disrespectful as the NFL players.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

What is the moral high ground of yelling at players exercising their first amendment rights with their employers' support to "STAND UP!" over the national anthem?

Doesn't exist, and those are the actions of shameful, hateful people who treat NFL players like they are their property.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:All the jeering at the players pre-game has an INCREDIBLY "Better stand up, boy" feel to it. These cowards at the games should be ashamed of themselves.
My grandfather would have smacked me and said, "Better stand up, boy!" if I was as disrespectful as the NFL players.
Your grandfather would have been wrong to do so.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

would be nice if discrimination and hatred toward american citizens got the same kind of ire as not "respecting" american symbols.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Your grandfather would have been wrong to do so.
Isn't that sweet. My grandad would have put in the hospital at least.