Tales From the Darkside (1983-1988)

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Jason
Administrator

Re: Tales From the Darkside (1983-1988)

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:They rehash superhero movies like there's no fuckin tomorrow and everyone eats that shit up. :)
But you don’t tend to want to binge watch them all in one weekend.
Who, me? You're right in that regard. I haven't wanted to binge watch one in like 5 years.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Went to another Wal-Mart and it had the complete series of the Twilight Zone. Couldn't bring myself to cough up the 50+ dollars they wanted, though. Night Gallery and Tales From the Darkside were each 29 bucks. And I was more inclined to buy those because I've seen neither show and they're both right up my alley. I've seen Twilight Zone, and it is more sci-fi than horror. If the show was 29 I would've bought it too.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:They rehash superhero movies like there's no fuckin tomorrow and everyone eats that shit up. :)
But you don’t tend to want to binge watch them all in one weekend.
Who, me? You're right in that regard. I haven't wanted to binge watch one in like 5 years.
I meant everyone. You don’t tend to watch all three iron man films in a row, or all the marvel films. So the plot overload tend to be less jarring.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Bruh, all my movie theaters literally get rid of movies and do special showings of all the superhero movies. They even did it with Iron Man. Buy a ticket and stay for the 7 hours or whatever. People binge watch this shit like there's no tomorrow.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Bruh, all my movie theaters literally get rid of movies and do special showings of all the superhero movies. They even did it with Iron Man. Buy a ticket and stay for the 7 hours or whatever. People binge watch this shit like there's no tomorrow.
Then I am wrong. Not seen that here. Except the occasional supershowing. But definitely not a regular occurrence b
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

If I made a top ten most overrated things of all time list, superhero movies would probably be #1. Followed by modern animated kids movies at #2 and bacon at #3.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:If I made a top ten most overrated things of all time list, superhero movies would probably be #1. Followed by modern animated kids movies at #2 and bacon at #3.
You take #3 back you son of a bitch.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:If I made a top ten most overrated things of all time list, superhero movies would probably be #1. Followed by modern animated kids movies at #2 and bacon at #3.
Indeed. I will never, ever, find Sausage better than Bacon.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
And 1 and 2.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
And 1 and 2.
I will give you #2, but I can get the gripe with the complete over-saturation of superhero flicks. Animated or not kids flicks are always gonna be there.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
And 1 and 2.
I will give you #2, but I can get the gripe with the complete over-saturation of superhero flicks. Animated or not kids flicks are always gonna be there.
But done well some of the superhero flicks, as with kids films, are fantastic. Hardly overrated by default in my book. Kubo and the Teo Strings was epic. I loved Boxtrolls. And I think Moana was a triumph. So his point is nonsense.