Administrator

September 27th 2017

Post by Tiggnutz »

The last hump of September
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: September 27th 2017

Post by Jigsaw »

I don't work Wednesdays, so it's almost always a pleasant day for me, at least.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:I don't work Wednesdays, so it's almost always a pleasant day for me, at least.
Well enjoy :D
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Starting therapy up again. I'm not really sure what to expect to be honest as this therapist seems to take a completely different approach to my last one. Hopefully this turns out better.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Dream wrote:Starting therapy up again. I'm not really sure what to expect to be honest as this therapist seems to take a completely different approach to my last one. Hopefully this turns out better.
Hope you have better luck than I did. Had one that wanted to commit me halfway through our first session. That was fun. Had to sign some paperwork removing all liability from them should I harm anyone(myself included), just so they would let me leave without calling the loony bin to pick me up. The one after that just flat out told me, "I can't help you" after a couple sessions and left it at that. I gave up on therapy at that point.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Dream wrote:Starting therapy up again. I'm not really sure what to expect to be honest as this therapist seems to take a completely different approach to my last one. Hopefully this turns out better.
Hope you have better luck than I did. Had one that wanted to commit me halfway through our first session. That was fun. Had to sign some paperwork removing all liability from them should I harm anyone(myself included), just so they would let me leave without calling the loony bin to pick me up. The one after that just flat out told me, "I can't help you" after a couple sessions and left it at that. I gave up on therapy at that point.
Crumbs. What did you do, come dressed in a goat cadaver??
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:Crumbs. What did you do, come dressed in a goat cadaver??
Crumbs? Is that some british slang I'm unaware of?

And no, I was just my usual charming self. Lady just couldn't handle my combination of depression, asperger's/autism, apathy, and shit life story.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

showa58taro wrote:Crumbs. What did you do, come dressed in a goat cadaver??
Crumbs? Is that some british slang I'm unaware of?

And no, I was just my usual charming self. Lady just couldn't handle my combination of depression, asperger's/autism, apathy, and shit life story.
Yeah pretty much. Bit like “gosh” or so e other inoffensive way of expressing surprise. Using more language like this now that kids are very sentient.

Seems a bad combination but you’d think the point of a shrink is to try and help out as best they can. Or at least to listen if they give up after half a session they are barely useful.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

This is my second attempt. First meeting went well, so I'm hopeful. One good thing is she basically said we're going to break down my issues and work through one thing at a time as much as we can until we hit an overlap with something else. Cause apparently I have a lot more going on than I thought, including agoraphobia which I thought was when you don't leave your house at all, but apparently avoiding social events out of fear of having a panic attack so you just stay home instead is an agoraphobic thing, did not know that.

Also, she has a therapy bunny that was hopping around the office while we talked, made it much easier to talk about things while being distracted with bunny cuteness.

the first therapist I had just made things worse overall I think. She kept pushing me to do social stuff and I'd do it, then spend months at a time only leaving the house to go to work, not very productive. :P

Mark's looking for a therapist too, he's had no luck finding one so far. I think it's probably a common problem for men to have a harder time finding a therapist that works for them because both sides have to be comfortable. So far I haven't had any issues being comfortable with the therapist thankfully, just an issue with methods working or not working. I suggest you reach out to a few more and screen them ahead of time and ask if they can make recommendations if they don't think they can help. Probably finding someone who specializes in Aspergers/Autism would be the best place to start as that's probably the part not everyone is good at handling. Any therapist who can't handle depression, apathy, or a shitty life story has no place being a therapist.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:Yeah pretty much. Bit like “gosh” or so e other inoffensive way of expressing surprise. Using more language like this now that kids are very sentient.

Seems a bad combination but you’d think the point of a shrink is to try and help out as best they can. Or at least to listen if they give up after half a session they are barely useful.
To quote the infamous Ma Fratelli, kids suck. I have a hell of a time censoring myself around my buddy's kid. Fuck and cunt are just too good not to use on a regular basis.

Indeed.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Dream wrote:This is my second attempt. First meeting went well, so I'm hopeful. One good thing is she basically said we're going to break down my issues and work through one thing at a time as much as we can until we hit an overlap with something else. Cause apparently I have a lot more going on than I thought, including agoraphobia which I thought was when you don't leave your house at all, but apparently avoiding social events out of fear of having a panic attack so you just stay home instead is an agoraphobic thing, did not know that.

Also, she has a therapy bunny that was hopping around the office while we talked, made it much easier to talk about things while being distracted with bunny cuteness.

the first therapist I had just made things worse overall I think. She kept pushing me to do social stuff and I'd do it, then spend months at a time only leaving the house to go to work, not very productive. :P

Mark's looking for a therapist too, he's had no luck finding one so far. I think it's probably a common problem for men to have a harder time finding a therapist that works for them because both sides have to be comfortable. So far I haven't had any issues being comfortable with the therapist thankfully, just an issue with methods working or not working. I suggest you reach out to a few more and screen them ahead of time and ask if they can make recommendations if they don't think they can help. Probably finding someone who specializes in Aspergers/Autism would be the best place to start as that's probably the part not everyone is good at handling. Any therapist who can't handle depression, apathy, or a shitty life story has no place being a therapist.
Sounds alright. I always though of agoraphobia like being an introvert with tons of anxiety as opposed to feeling drained.

Therapy bunny. I'd leave if I saw that shit. To each their own I suppose.

Fuck that noise. Hopefully you didn't stick with them too long.

Bummer. I didn't have an issue with "comfort". I can talk to anyone about anything, but it's mostly because I don't give a fuck what they think of me. Both therapists I went to had all of my issues listed as shit they deal with, so yeah, not good. I may try again later, but for now I'm just gonna deal with shit on my own like I've always done. Hope your sessions work out, though.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Dream wrote:This is my second attempt. First meeting went well, so I'm hopeful. One good thing is she basically said we're going to break down my issues and work through one thing at a time as much as we can until we hit an overlap with something else. Cause apparently I have a lot more going on than I thought, including agoraphobia which I thought was when you don't leave your house at all, but apparently avoiding social events out of fear of having a panic attack so you just stay home instead is an agoraphobic thing, did not know that.

Sounds alright. I always though of agoraphobia like being an introvert with tons of anxiety as opposed to feeling drained.

Therapy bunny. I'd leave if I saw that shit. To each their own I suppose.

Fuck that noise. Hopefully you didn't stick with them too long.

Bummer. I didn't have an issue with "comfort". I can talk to anyone about anything, but it's mostly because I don't give a fuck what they think of me. Both therapists I went to had all of my issues listed as shit they deal with, so yeah, not good. I may try again later, but for now I'm just gonna deal with shit on my own like I've always done. Hope your sessions work out, though.
apparently that's closer to what it is than what I thought. I associated agoraphobia with being afraid to leave the house, not avoiding leaving the house cause of anxiety. I thought it was more like irrational fears that bad things would happen if you left the house specifically rather than avoiding a problem with anxiety in public after leaving the house.

She mostly works with kids, I'm guessing the bunny is more for them than her adult patients :P Still adorable though.

I stuck with them for nearly two years I think. Don't really regret it, but didn't get a whole lot out of it, other than some methods to avoid self-harm and a push towards writing more.

I have a hard time opening up in person. Writing stuff out, talking online, I can tell anyone anything about myself. In person, I stutter and trip over my words and get really flustered and fidget out of nervousness, so being comfortable enough to talk about stuff is kinda big for me cause I'm naturally more of a listener than a talker.

I've been dealing on my own the past two years or so, wasn't doing well, actually considered checking myself into a hospital cause I was in a really bad place and didn't really trust myself but I managed and started looking for a therapist again. Wasn't expecting to find one till December/January though, but things kinda lined up for this lady. A little awkward that the majority of her clients are kids, but most of the shit I'm dealing with happened when I was a kid, so there's that :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Learning new things. I thought agoraphobia was the antithesis to claustrophobia and meant you didn’t like being out in open spaces. Never thought of it as a social anxiety.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:Learning new things. I thought agoraphobia was the antithesis to claustrophobia and meant you didn’t like being out in open spaces. Never thought of it as a social anxiety.
Open spaces are fine, as long as no other cunts are occupying it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Learning new things. I thought agoraphobia was the antithesis to claustrophobia and meant you didn’t like being out in open spaces. Never thought of it as a social anxiety.
Open spaces are fine, as long as no other cunts are occupying it.
Correct.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Hugh Hefner died. Thanks for all the tits!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

A false rumor went around a few weeks ago that he died. Crazy timing.