Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:calling for people to be fired because you feel like they disrespected what the flag stands for is social justice, for good or bad, just to be clear.
I don't think that was Colin's intent or motivation when he started this.
The moment he wore the socks that depicted cops as pigs out in public, that scumbag should have been fired. Colin Kaepernick is a coward. A very rich man mocking and demeaning blue collar workers. Fuck him and everyone who has followed him with all their excuses.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:I’m curious what Foo thinks is a flag now.
Foo thinks a flag is a flag. Foo does not think clothing, decorations, etc are flags. The flag is treated with reverence by patriots. It is more than colors and shapes.

A lot of people confuse flags and depictions of flags. For instance, a classroom might have a flag people stand for. It may also have depictions of flags in various places that are decorative.

A flag is given to the widow of a soldier. A depiction of a flag is jammed into a birthday cake.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Another fine dick headed moment from the Donald. https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 56324.html

Fucking Puerto Rico is being shit on by our President.
He absolutely is shitting on Puerto Rico and it's disgraceful.
Jason's GOAT.....lol

America is divisive more than ever. If we can blame Obama, we can blame Trump. This is making it even worse.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Foo thinks a flag is a flag. Foo does not think clothing, decorations, etc are flags. The flag is treated with reverence by patriots. It is more than colors and shapes.

A lot of people confuse flags and depictions of flags. For instance, a classroom might have a flag people stand for. It may also have depictions of flags in various places that are decorative.

A flag is given to the widow of a soldier. A depiction of a flag is jammed into a birthday cake.
And according to everything I have read, he took the one you stand for in a classroom and cut it to make it into a poncho.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:calling for people to be fired because you feel like they disrespected what the flag stands for is social justice, for good or bad, just to be clear.
The moment he wore the socks that depicted cops as pigs out in public, that scumbag should have been fired. Colin Kaepernick is a coward. A very rich man mocking and demeaning blue collar workers. Fuck him and everyone who has followed him with all their excuses.
i wish this kind of indignation and outrage was aimed at supremacists and racists marching in public. i agree that it's not okay to disrespect cops and soldiers. but it should not be okay to disrespect people, simply, for the way they were born either.

if disrespecting cops in public is justifiably punishable by losing your job (and i think it is) but marching with a hate group is not justifiably punishable that way, that is pretty fucked.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Interesting......Foo, would you fire an employee if they marched with Nazi wannabees shouting "Blood and Soil!"?

I too, think Colin wearing those pig socks was disgusting.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:

So a cloth rectangle on a pole and nothing else?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

If a fella wipes his ass with American flag toilet paper, is he patriotic because he even has American flag toilet paper, or is it disrespectful because he wipes his ass with it? I mean, it is just a depiction and can just be discarded, according to Foo. *scratches chin*
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
i wish this kind of indignation and outrage was aimed at supremacists and racists marching in public. i agree that it's not okay to disrespect cops and soldiers. but it should not be okay to disrespect people, simply, for the way they were born either.

if disrespecting cops in public is justifiably punishable by losing your job (and i think it is) but marching with a hate group is not justifiably punishable that way, that is pretty fucked.

I would fire someone for marching with the kkk or neo nazis also.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Good man.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

You can put a cloth rectangle on a pole and it is not necessarily your flag, even if it resembles your flag.

Think of it this way. You can make Tom Brady replica jerseys all day, but they are not Tom Brady's jersey. They can be made the same way, look identical, etc., but you have a Tom Brady replica jersey and he has a Tom Brady jersey.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:If a fella wipes his ass with American flag toilet paper, is he patriotic because he even has American flag toilet paper, or is it disrespectful because he wipes his ass with it? I mean, it is just a depiction and can just be discarded, according to Foo. *scratches chin*
Intent matters. Just as disposing of a flag by burning it and protesting by burning it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

very admirable. most don't seem to have your convictions. most seem to try to excuse or dismiss disrespect of race, religion. etc.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

You can put a cloth rectangle on a pole and it is not necessarily your flag, even if it resembles your flag.

Think of it this way. You can make Tom Brady replica jerseys all day, but they are not Tom Brady's jersey. They can be made the same way, look identical, etc., but you have a Tom Brady replica jersey and he has a Tom Brady jersey.
this is an interesting topic. flags are mass produced, but are you suggesting that doing so is creating a replica flag? what makes for a real flag? how do you determine that?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

So why not just consider the retarded ubersized rectangles as not real flags and then nobody is causing you offense. It's not like they are significantly different from the USA-themed things that you deem irrelevant to the discussion.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

So why not just consider the retarded ubersized rectangles as not real flags and then nobody is causing you offense. It's not like they are significantly different from the USA-themed things that you deem irrelevant to the discussion.
Because I have too much respect for my fellow citizens and those who fault the fight for our freedom
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:

this is an interesting topic. flags are mass produced, but are you suggesting that doing so is creating a replica flag? what makes for a real flag? how do you determine that?
What is the difference between you or I wearing the uniform of the military and a soldier wearing it? It is a uniform to be respected on them and a costume on you and I.

The flag is a symbol, more than the fabric and the pole.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
What is the difference between you or I wearing the uniform of the military and a soldier wearing it? It is a uniform to be respected on them and a costume on you and I.

so when is the flag actual and not a replica? that was my question. you seem to be dodging it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
i don't think throwing out the symbol is the right way to go. pride in country and patriotism shouldn't be thrown out.

but the soldiers who fought and sacrificed and died were doing so for our freedoms. it was done so that we could express ourselves freely, so that we could protest, so that we could speak our minds, so we could offer criticism and lampoon and mock. so, then, to tell people how and when to do those things or not even to do them at all in at some points, seems pretty disrespectful of those soldiers and the sacrifices made for our freedoms.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

so when is the flag actual and not a replica? that was my question. you seem to be dodging it.
Are you familiar with flag code?

When flag code is followed and it is treated with the reverence of the flag.