Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
What is the difference between you or I wearing the uniform of the military and a soldier wearing it? It is a uniform to be respected on them and a costume on you and I.

The flag is a symbol, more than the fabric and the pole.
so when is the flag actual and not a replica? that was my question. you seem to be dodging it.
Are you familiar with flag code?

When flag code is followed and it is treated with the reverence of the flag.
flag code can be followed and treated with reverence by anyone with a flag, replica or actual. but if this is too cloudy for you to actually answer, that's fine.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
What is the difference between you or I wearing the uniform of the military and a soldier wearing it? It is a uniform to be respected on them and a costume on you and I.

The flag is a symbol, more than the fabric and the pole.
so when is the flag actual and not a replica? that was my question. you seem to be dodging it.
Are you familiar with flag code?

When flag code is followed and it is treated with the reverence of the flag.
flag code can be followed and treated with reverence by anyone with a flag, replica or actual. but if this is too cloudy for you to actually answer, that's fine.
I am unsure what part is given by you trouble. Are you familiar with the flag code?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

"The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America."
"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ite_note-2
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:"The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America."
"
Being that you went to Wikipedia for a summary, I am going to assume you are not familiar. Basically, to be the flag, it must be treated as such. This extends to both contradiction of it, treatment of it, and behavior around it. What we refer to colloquially as "a flag" or "the flag" are not really accurate.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I’m curious what Foo thinks is a flag now.
Foo thinks a flag is a flag. Foo does not think clothing, decorations, etc are flags. The flag is treated with reverence by patriots. It is more than colors and shapes.

A lot of people confuse flags and depictions of flags. For instance, a classroom might have a flag people stand for. It may also have depictions of flags in various places that are decorative.

A flag is given to the widow of a soldier. A depiction of a flag is jammed into a birthday cake.
So a cloth rectangle on a pole and nothing else?
You can put a cloth rectangle on a pole and it is not necessarily your flag, even if it resembles your flag.

Think of it this way. You can make Tom Brady replica jerseys all day, but they are not Tom Brady's jersey. They can be made the same way, look identical, etc., but you have a Tom Brady replica jersey and he has a Tom Brady jersey.
So why not just consider the retarded ubersized rectangles as not real flags and then nobody is causing you offense. It's not like they are significantly different from the USA-themed things that you deem irrelevant to the discussion.
Because I have too much respect for my fellow citizens and those who fault the fight for our freedom
I'm just lost. So flags are very specific, very revered, and yet not easy to demarcate, and have a special status that you can't explain but also can't ignore...

I guess you'll just have to seethe at the very legitimate and acceptable protests then
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

ITT, Did J-Mac actually reference an over decades old Kid Rock performance? That nobody cared about then let alone now? Holy fuck!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:"The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America."
"
Being that you went to Wikipedia for a summary, I am going to assume you are not familiar. Basically, to be the flag, it must be treated as such. This extends to both contradiction of it, treatment of it, and behavior around it. What we refer to colloquially as "a flag" or "the flag" are not really accurate.
"to be the flag, it must be treated as such" is to mean that if you treat it as the flag, it is the flag. correct? you're not telling me what is and isn't the flag. you're just offering vague obscure statements as a way to dodge what i had initially asked.

i went to wikipedia, because the flag code is extensive and apparently hard to define well, as you have indicated with your answers about it.

but that was not a summary of the code. it was one specific part of the code, taken directly from the usflag.org. just because it is also featured on wikipedia does not mean that it is just summary, or that it is false somehow.

so again, if you can actually define what makes the flag actual, and not simply a replica, please do. if all that you can offer is vague statements as a way to step around the question, that's fine.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo just “knows” what’s a flag. Anything black people kneel in protest at. But not what white people use as tablecloths.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:ITT, Did J-Mac actually reference an over decades old Kid Rock performance? That nobody cared about then let alone now? Holy fuck!
Not even too mention, the dude loves the flag and is patriotic, unlike the NFL ingrates. At worst, he committed a faux pas. He is not kneeling in protest to it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

To Seb and Zombie: even a dog knows the difference between being stepped on and kicked.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:To Seb and Zombie: even a dog knows the difference between being stepped on and kicked.
don't be hateful.

:P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Undercover in Antifa. Great watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNz2jGzsDA
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

antifa is scum. definitely a good watch, except for the attempt to associate trans people with the group for some reason.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:ITT, Did J-Mac actually reference an over decades old Kid Rock performance? That nobody cared about then let alone now? Holy fuck!
Yes, I did, lol. I don't really give a shit that he did it. It's just that Foo is acting like Mr American Flag over here......and of course Kid got a pass as predicted.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo talks selective outrage all the time. Just wanted his take on Kid Rock cutting a whole in an actual American flag was cool.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Not even too mention, the dude loves the flag and is patriotic, unlike the NFL ingrates. At worst, he committed a faux pas. He is not kneeling in protest to it.
So, someone who kneels today can't redeem themselves? Are your politics and beliefs any different now than they were in your 20s?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
So, someone who kneels today can't redeem themselves? Are your politics and beliefs any different now than they were in your 20s?
Of course they can. What makes you think otherwise?

I constantly evolve my beliefs. Every day presents new challenges with new solutions.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The worst of this kneeling debacle is Mike Tomlin shaming Alejandro Villanueva into a fucking apology for standing for the anthem. Former Captain in the Army with a Bronze star was shamed by a worthless cunt because he stood for his country. "I wanted 100% participation". He didn't abandon the team, the team abandoned him.

Can't wait to witness the league-wide epiphany of where they get their money, from all the players and coaches who knelt.
Ratings gon' drop, ungrateful cunts gon' stand REAL quick.

I know people personally who've canceled their NFL packages and completely quit watching football. People are dead serious about this shit, and the NFL is gonna feel it.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:The worst of this kneeling debacle is Mike Tomlin shaming Alejandro Villanueva into a fucking apology for standing for the anthem. Former Captain in the Army with a Bronze star was shamed by a worthless cunt because he stood for his country. "I wanted 100% participation". He didn't abandon the team, the team abandoned him.

Can't wait to witness the league-wide epiphany of where they get their money, from all the players and coaches who knelt.
Ratings gon' drop, ungrateful cunts gon' stand.
Didn't Tomlin want to stay out of the political side, and wanted to focus on football? He didn't want his team to be shit on because some would choose not to stand? Just figured to best stay out if it It's not rocket science when you take that into account. That's why AV apologized. I was thinking it was bullshit too, but of what Tomlin said is true, then let's go easy on the Steelers scum lol. We can find all sorts of reasons to burn steeler flags and jerseys! Lol
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

If you want to stay out of politics, you go out and stand for the anthem, just like you did before the guy who thinks cops are pigs started to politicize the anthem.