Hello everyone!

introduce yourself. Let us know who you are.
flyingspider

Hello everyone!

Post by flyingspider »

I learned about this site from moviechat.com and it seemed cool.

I am an older woman who is a moderate horror fan. I grew up watching Creature Features and Svengoolie movies. I am pretty open to different horror genres, but I do not care for zombie movies at all. Partly because they all seem the same to me. At the same time, I am open to suggestions about zombie movies you think I should check out.

I am excited about the October challenge, I think it is cool idea. I may not get as many in as most of you, but it will still be fun for me.

Hope to get to talk to all of you and I am happy to be here!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Welcome!

Which Zombie movies have you seen, that way we can get an idea for recommendations? I typically go to Return Of The Living Dead when it comes to outside-the-box zombie movies. Same general plot (sorta) but way different personality and approach than the norm. Also the first running-zombie.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

welcome aboard. hope you enjoy it here.

as for the challenge, just do what you can do. while some of us compete with each other, it is primarily only a competition with yourself. to push yourself to watch new stuff.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Welcome and glad you found us!
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Welcome! I highly recommend Train to Busan. If you don't like the zombies, you'll like the characters.
flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

Well I did warn all of you that I do not watch zombie movies, I must mildly edit that remark. I have watched (and liked) Night of the Living Dead (1968). I watched Dead Snow (2009) with my son, and he reminds me I did not like it, and no, I could not tell you why I did not like it. There are a small amount of movies I have watched, you could count them on one hand, but I could not come up with the titles of those movies, as my memory is not that good. For those of you that suggested a movie to watch, I will give it a chance. I have heard of Train to Busan, so that will be the first one to try I guess.

Thank you for your welcome into the group!
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Welcome to the site!
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Welcome to the boards!

Love the avatar and sig pic. Kingdom of the Spiders is one of my favorite killer bug/animal films.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Welcome to HMF.

Zombie flicks certainly aren't my favorite sub-genre (I'm a slasher guy), but there are plenty of great ones out there. The original Dawn of the Dead, while lengthy, is certainly worth a view, and if you'd prefer newer stuff, the 2004 remake isn't that bad either).

Hope you enjoy it here.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

My favorite “zombie” ion is probably Fido. Also worth a look in my view as it’s more of a kind look at a society that domesticated zombies.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

showa58taro wrote:My favorite “zombie” ion is probably Fido. Also worth a look in my view as it’s more of a kind look at a society that domesticated zombies.
My favorite ion is Nitrite. Dunno what a "zombie" ion is, though. :p
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
showa58taro wrote:My favorite “zombie” ion is probably Fido. Also worth a look in my view as it’s more of a kind look at a society that domesticated zombies.
My favorite ion is Nitrite. Dunno what a "zombie" ion is, though. :p
Nitrite is pretty damn epic. :D
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Welcome flyspi! Hopefully you get to know the finer things of horror outside of zombies and spiders on this dear site. (I hate spiders with a passion, kill them all!)
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Welcome to the site