Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Why I grew to love the Donald and forgive his haters

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Trump is such a swell guy. Lmao
He’s good for the rich.
Totally is. And his voters think he started off by being a cop, firefighter, Marine, and built his business from the ground up. Lulz. He has always shit on poor people.
It's the one weird part of him being elected, is why people thought he'd somehow become "champion of the little guy" and defender of ordinary Americans when he's never seemed like that kind of guy. The rest of the retardation was probably hard to expect, but he's just such an empty suit of a president that it's hard to really judge.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
He’s good for the rich.
Totally is. And his voters think he started off by being a cop, firefighter, Marine, and built his business from the ground up. Lulz. He has always shit on poor people.
It's the one weird part of him being elected, is why people thought he'd somehow become "champion of the little guy" and defender of ordinary Americans when he's never seemed like that kind of guy. The rest of the retardation was probably hard to expect, but he's just such an empty suit of a president that it's hard to really judge.
Well it was certainly partial to the unknown with Trump. People knew what they were getting with Hilary and despised it. If you know behind door #1 is a path to a fiery hellbeast not even Jesus could love, and behind door #2 is kinda vague, unknown territory but seems alright, you're gonna choose door 2.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

So which part is against the little guy? I am missing this.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:So which part is against the little guy? I am missing this.
You gotta be full on Robin Hood, else fuck you.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
He’s good for the rich.
Well it was certainly partial to the unknown with Trump. People knew what they were getting with Hilary and despised it. If you know behind door #1 is a path to a fiery hellbeast not even Jesus could love, and behind door #2 is kinda vague, unknown territory but seems alright, you're gonna choose door 2.
True. Hilary didn't exactly scream working class. :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

the part where the government has $2trillion less to spend on the poor so Jared and Ivanka can get Trump Tower to themselves free of charge?

The part where small businesses currently paying marginal taxes at individual rates are now forced to pay 25%, whilst those who were very rich now get to pay less than they were?

The part where child tax credits are restructured/removed could be a real problem for families in this calculation too.

There's plenty of losers in this tax cut. That's how all tax changes work, winners and losers. If there was a universal winner then it would've been done decades ago.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Like with healthcare.....it seems, to me, that he doesn't really give a shit if guys like us have healthcare. He just wants to erase Obama's legacy. Yes, Obamacare is not great, we all get that. You do realize that Trump has always been a vocal supporter of universal healthcare? If this Trump is really genuine, why doesn't he push for that? He likes votes just like Hillary likes votes. Both are fake asses. Fuck them both.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:
True. And the other side says you gotta be full on selfish. I just want something in the middle.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Let's start with fundamentals. If a person earns something and pays taxes on it, should they have the right to pass it on to their children?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:Let's start with fundamentals. If a person earns something and pays taxes on it, should they have the right to pass it on to their children?
Expand on this. This might actually go somewhere, lol
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
True. And the other side says you gotta be full on selfish. I just want something in the middle.
Nobody is more selfish than poor people as a whole. They take and take.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:Let's start with fundamentals. If a person earns something and pays taxes on it, should they have the right to pass it on to their children?
No.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
If you earn a dollar, and pay the appropriate tax on that dollar, should you be able to give it to your child? Let's say you build a bicycle with your child, but you are the legal owner, should your child have to pay taxes based on what a third party says it is worth in order to receive it?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
But when the rich takes, it is less selfish? I know people who are poor that have worked hard all their lives. They had no one. But why compare them to guys like you and I who have had way more chances than they have? If I fail at something, I have a fall back plan.......some of these people don't have anyone. Literally....it's just them. Some make it, some don't.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
If you earn a dollar, and pay the appropriate tax on that dollar, should you be able to give it to your child? Let's say you build a bicycle with your child, but you are the legal owner, should your child have to pay taxes based on what a third party says it is worth in order to receive it?
No. If I am getting what you are saying.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
No.
ITT, Foo loves children, Seb hates them.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
No. If I am getting what you are saying.
Why should taxes and duties be waived because of familial relationships? You wouldn't do it in normal society. "It's cool, I don't have to pay taxes on all this money I'm transacting with someone else."
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
No.
Foo loves spoiled brats. Seb loves children with character. :)

Also, language matters. Having a right is far more entrenched than handing out stuff to people. Also, implicit in Foo's question is not "can I leave my kids stuff" but rather "can I leave my kids stuff free of taxes."
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
But when the rich takes, it is less selfish? I know people who are poor that have worked hard all their lives. They had no one. But why compare them to guys like you and I who have had way more chances than they have? If I fail at something, I have a fall back plan.......some of these people don't have anyone. Literally....it's just them. Some make it, some don't.
Read it too fast. You said "as a whole", which changes things a little. But let's not act like the rich are nothing but people who were poor once upon a time. Artists would be the exception. And there are those who made a lot from nothing, and those people deserve respect too.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
No.
Foo loves spoiled brats. Seb loves children with character. :)

Also, language matters. Having a right is far more entrenched than handing out stuff to people. Also, implicit in Foo's question is not "can I leave my kids stuff" but rather "can I leave my kids stuff free of taxes."
If you've already paid taxes, why do the kids have to pay again?