The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jason
Administrator

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jason wrote:Ashamed to admit that I don't believe I've seen The Stand or Needful Things. Own Needful Things, now I'm ordering The Stand on amazon right now for the challenge. Hungry for new watches of movies that I should've seen by now. I bought Graveyard Shift at Wal-Mart when I went on that crazy horror binge. Heard it's p. crap, though. Going with Needful Things tonight.
The Stand's age is pretty harsh, but at the time it was a pretty big production for TV. Just warn'n :P

Sinise is still great in it though.
I'll probably dig. I'll just need to set a day to watch it, though. Since it's 6 hours fucking long. Jesus. :p Is it like IT where it's a TV min series but still counts as a movie?

Also, going with Graveyard Shift. Need to be to bed and it's 30 minutes shorter than Needful Things.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Already on Child's Play 3. Not sure why this one still gets that big of a bad wrap.
I got it 1, 2, 3, Curse, Bride, Seed. I think the 3rd had the perfect amount of humor.
Its humor is perfectly fine. I know production was rushed, but it's not like bad-rushed like NOES5.

Maybe it's Justin Whalin. He does kinda suck. Alex Vincent at least was a kid and could get away with sucking :P
I'd hate NOES 5 a good deal if Lisa Wilcox didn't save that movie. She is an unsung hero of that franchise, tbh.
Yep, she was still good in it. And I like the character growth with her dad.

That's about all I like in it though.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:Ashamed to admit that I don't believe I've seen The Stand or Needful Things. Own Needful Things, now I'm ordering The Stand on amazon right now for the challenge. Hungry for new watches of movies that I should've seen by now. I bought Graveyard Shift at Wal-Mart when I went on that crazy horror binge. Heard it's p. crap, though. Going with Needful Things tonight.
The Stand's age is pretty harsh, but at the time it was a pretty big production for TV. Just warn'n :P

Sinise is still great in it though.
I'll probably dig. I'll just need to set a day to watch it, though. Since it's 6 hours fucking long. Jesus. :p Is it like IT where it's a TV min series but still counts as a movie?

Also, going with Graveyard Shift. Need to be to bed and it's 30 minutes shorter than Needful Things.
Yep. I've counted it before.

Good luck with Graveyard Shift, lol.

Though...Dourif is pretty damn great in it (because he's basically always great).
Jason
Administrator

Graveyard Shift

Post by Jason »

Damn! How did they get that long line of rats to stand collectively and look toward the camera? Legit impressed.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Andrew Divoff is in this. Sweet. Only seen him in the first two Wishmaster flicks, I believe.
Jason
Administrator

Graveyard Shift

Post by Jason »

Dourif has already won me over. Lol
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Metalface opening kill already has someone in the lead for Best Set O TaTa's. Now that I think of it, she's the only set of nekkid titties so far. Still nice though.

I'm watching a shorter one until Alli gets home, not really enough time to fit in Curse of Chucky.
Jason
Administrator

Graveyard Shift

Post by Jason »

Crazy cutie with an ax going to town on a pretty nice car. This is why I've remained single.
Jason
Administrator

Graveyard Shift

Post by Jason »

The "stock audio screams" from the cute chicky are pretty cringe. I'm sure at the time that scream wasn't recognizable, but I think every human on the planet today has heard that exact stock scream somewhere at some point.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Friend Request

Not a single likeable character in sight. The weird girl would be okay if she wasn't a stalker.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

This main girl has a really great ass. Not much else to say about this though. Lots of nothing going on. Literally nothing.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Loved the opening for Cult of Chucky so far.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Finally.......watching a horror movie. House By the Cemetery. It's horrible. But I am kinda enjoying it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

The Doll effects is much improved here. So far no bad CGI usage (well, aside from a dream sequence). Not finished yet though.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jigsaw wrote:I'm just a sucker for slashers. Finished Most Likely to Die (2015), and despite expecting to dislike it, ended up loving it.
Just watched this on the commute in. Very funky. Also a good slasher “character” as it were. Great use of a mask and a theme. Creepy look for sure. I take issue with the idea that a cap can be that sharp whilst being used as a hat. But overall really funky n
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Good to see Heather Morris take the lead.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I generally liked Cult of Chucky, but iffy on that ending.

SPOILER
Was not expecting a cliffhanger, and one so...eh. It's like it attempted to be a super-shocker...but went limp wristed with its punch.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Cult of Chucky was better than expected. Just started up Holidays. So far it looks like a combo of Carrie and RZ's Halloween.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Damn, that was quick. i liked the first segment.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Not sure what to make of the second segment. That was pretty mental.