Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more dr

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Yes, it's about time we addressed the rampant violence in the stoner community. You wish those losers would turn to a less harmful, mellow substance like alcohol.
How about we get away from the idea that answers to life's problems are found in a joint, bottle, or pill? I do not support alcohol abuse either, but at least there are not a million sheeple lying about how safe it is.
you are trying to push a false narrative. i get being opposed to drug abuse, but do it honestly. otherwise, you are just doing the same as the people you are trying to call out, from the other side.
What is my false narrative? That drugs destroy lives? That reliance on drugs is becoming more and more acceptable in our society despite the negative consequences?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Google the guy's name. Tell me how many articles portray him as a victim of the system versus the number that point out he was behaving like a violent psychopath and then upon being released ignored his court date.

Dozens and dozens of articles stating how he faces life in prison for a small amount of weed, and thousands of comments to that effect. Lies to get drugs.
the actions of that guy should not be excused. people should not try to excuse his actions, because it involved weed. and you should not blame everyone who uses the substance, because it was involved with some fuckass and his actions. it's the guy and his actions that should be to blame. put him away for attacking his wife, not because he used pot.
How many articles were about his actions, versus trying to make his pot use seem acceptable?
i can't find anything mainstream reporting it. it seems to be facebook stuff, or petitions, and a couple sites that focus on weed culture. that's what i'm getting from google.

but i'm asking you, why are you focused on the pot use, and not on his actions?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Yes, it's about time we addressed the rampant violence in the stoner community. You wish those losers would turn to a less harmful, mellow substance like alcohol.
How about we get away from the idea that answers to life's problems are found in a joint, bottle, or pill? I do not support alcohol abuse either, but at least there are not a million sheeple lying about how safe it is.
you are trying to push a false narrative. i get being opposed to drug abuse, but do it honestly. otherwise, you are just doing the same as the people you are trying to call out, from the other side.
What is my false narrative? That drugs destroy lives? That reliance on drugs is becoming more and more acceptable in our society despite the negative consequences?
your false narrative seems to be that pot smokers are violent, because this guy was violent and he used pot. and you haven't really tried to dispute my interpretation of your argument, if it's not how you feel.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Google the guy's name. Tell me how many articles portray him as a victim of the system versus the number that point out he was behaving like a violent psychopath and then upon being released ignored his court date.

Dozens and dozens of articles stating how he faces life in prison for a small amount of weed, and thousands of comments to that effect. Lies to get drugs.
the actions of that guy should not be excused. people should not try to excuse his actions, because it involved weed. and you should not blame everyone who uses the substance, because it was involved with some fuckass and his actions. it's the guy and his actions that should be to blame. put him away for attacking his wife, not because he used pot.
How many articles were about his actions, versus trying to make his pot use seem acceptable?
i can't find anything mainstream reporting it. it seems to be facebook stuff, or petitions, and a couple sites that focus on weed culture. that's what i'm getting from google.

but i'm asking you, why are you focused on the pot use, and not on his actions?
Because everyone agrees chasing a woman with a knife is bad, but the debate is surrounding the drug. You know, the miracle drug that cures everything and never hurt anyone.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
your false narrative seems to be that pot smokers are violent, because this guy was violent and he used pot. and you haven't really tried to dispute my interpretation of your argument, if it's not how you feel.
my narrative is that marijuana destroys lives.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: Because everyone agrees chasing a woman with a knife is bad, but the debate is surrounding the drug. You know, the miracle drug that cures everything and never hurt anyone.
yeah, everyone agrees that attacking a woman with a knife is bad, but are you going to give the stink eye to anyone who has a knife in their home? cause that is exactly how you seem to be treating pot and pot users. :P

can people abuse pot? sure. can pot be used by assholes? sure. when someone gets drunk and rapes a girl. is it budweiser's fault, or the guy that did the rape?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote: Because everyone agrees chasing a woman with a knife is bad, but the debate is surrounding the drug. You know, the miracle drug that cures everything and never hurt anyone.
yeah, everyone agrees that attacking a woman with a knife is bad, but are you going to give the stink eye to anyone who has a knife in their home? cause that is exactly how you seem to be treating pot and pot users. :P

can people abuse pot? sure. can pot be used by assholes? sure. when someone gets drunk and rapes a girl. is it budweiser's fault, or the guy that did the rape?
Is there a debate surrounding alcohol use?

Does anyone claim alcohol is medicine?

Does anyone claim alcohol is not dangerous?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: my narrative is that marijuana destroys lives.
some pot smokers have undoubtedly fucked up their lives, or even the lives of others. some idiots have been inspired by child's play (or one of the sequels) to kill and torture people. do horror movies destroy lives?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Is there a debate surrounding alcohol use?

Does anyone claim alcohol is medicine?

Does anyone claim alcohol is not dangerous?
yes, there is debate about alcohol use. and people try to defend the actions of those who get drunk and rape people, among other crimes. i've never heard of anyone trying to call alcohol medicine. but maybe they did around the time that prohibition was being lifted? i don't know.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I enjoy smoking pot. Should be legal worldwide, and kids as young as ten should be given free pot at school and kid orgies should happen as a result.

If Foo's going to demonize progressives and liberals more, I'll make it easy on him. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

This doesn't even seem to be about saying or believing things to get drugs...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:This doesn't even seem to be about saying or believing things to get drugs...
no, not really. it's more about defending someone who was doing drugs. but i think foo was just trying to lump it into a larger discussion.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:This doesn't even seem to be about saying or believing things to get drugs...
no, not really. it's more about defending someone who was doing drugs. but i think foo was just trying to lump it into a larger discussion.
But the assclown in question doesn't even seem to be doing any actions out of motivation for drugs or anything. I at least expected a relevant article about how some stoner had killed their baby to get more pot or something...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
But the assclown in question doesn't even seem to be doing any actions out of motivation for drugs or anything. I at least expected a relevant article about how some stoner had killed their baby to get more pot or something...
no, i don't think his actions were motivated by seeking pot, or feeling like his access to pot was being threatened even. for foo, it seems to be enough, just that some fuckass uses pot, to condemn anyone else who also uses pot.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
no, i don't think his actions were motivated by seeking pot, or feeling like his access to pot was being threatened even. for foo, it seems to be enough, just that some fuckass uses pot, to condemn anyone else who also uses pot.
Im going to have to side with my dirty liberal brothers here. I dont understand the point of the thread or correlation between that guy and other cannabis users. Its kinda like the weird shit I post when im drunk.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
I am high on sobriety, bro!

The first thing I consider when analyzing the whole marijuana thing is that most users are actually abusers.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
Im going to have to side with my dirty liberal brothers here. I dont understand the point of the thread or correlation between that guy and other cannabis users. Its kinda like the weird shit I post when im drunk.
The point of the thread is that a guy was facing jail for trying to murder his wife with a knife. A million articles by advocates tried to claim he was facing jail because of the pot. No small part of the intent to deceive is because advocates pitch pot as a remedy for the mental illness.

I just want honesty in the discussion.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:

The first thing I consider when analyzing the whole marijuana thing is that most users are actually abusers.
if this were anything else, you would be quick to point out how flimsy the argument is. everything that you don't like about liberals jumping all over trump, you're doing, exactly, in regard to pot. (or drugs in general)
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
I miss the im just joking emoji :(
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:

if this were anything else, you would be quick to point out how flimsy the argument is. everything that you don't like about liberals jumping all over trump, you're doing, exactly, in regard to pot. (or drugs in general)
My argument is not flimsy. I only call flimsy arguments flimsy.