The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jason
Administrator

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Post by Jason »

It is time...

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Going to grab an In N Out meal (because it's cheaper than Five Guys) and get Killer Party going.

I went to Five Guys last week and I had the worst burger they've ever made. It was totally bizarre. If somebody had brought that burger home for me to eat and I didn't know where they got it, I would've never in my life guessed that it came from Five Guys. The bun was like cheap, flaky grocery store hamburger buns and not very soft, the meat itself was dried out and tasted totally bland. Never in my life would I have guessed that was a Five Guys burger if I didn't buy it myself. Weirdest fast food experience ever. I could barely finish it, it was so mediocre. I mean, with Chipotle and places like that, the beans, rice, meat, cheese, etc... can easily all be prepared a little differently and have a different taste quality with every Chipotle location. Five Guys is pretty simple, always tastes the same if you always get the same thing. This last time I went it was a completely different burger. Totally fucking weird.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:Going to grab an In N Out meal (because it's cheaper than Five Guys) and get Killer Party going.

I went to Five Guys last week and I had the worst burger they've ever made. It was totally bizarre. If somebody had brought that burger home for me to eat and I didn't know where they got it, I would've never in my life guessed that it came from Five Guys. The bun was like cheap, flaky grocery store hamburger buns and not very soft, the meat itself was dried out and tasted totally bland. Never in my life would I have guessed that was a Five Guys burger if I didn't buy it myself. Weirdest fast food experience ever. I could barely finish it, it was so mediocre. I mean, with Chipotle and places like that, the beans, rice, meat, cheese, etc... can easily all be prepared a little differently and have a different taste quality with every Chipotle location. Five Guys is pretty simple, always tastes the same if you always get the same thing. This last time I went it was a completely different burger. Totally fucking weird.
Funky, never had that issue. I also eat there at the place, rather than bringing it home, but still. I believe it can happen, can't nail things all the time.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Bela Lugosi really did not understand how to play The Monster. It's clear he did not think much of Boris' performance.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I didn't really enjoy The Invisible Man Returns at all it was missing everything that made the original so great. Hurt me to give a Vincent Price movie a grade of C but had to do it. Now for my last movie of the night The Wolfman 1941.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

The close ups of the wolf suit is still pretty damn good. Just a shame they also went with cheesy CGI in other shots.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

gonna give urban legend a go, and call it a night.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:gonna give urban legend a go, and call it a night.
New watch? Havent watched that one in a while.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

flyingspider wrote:I lost my focus for a while yesterday...but now I am back! I am enjoying this! :)
hey spider, what did you think of magic?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I rented Urban Legends: Bloody Mary when it came out at Hollywood Video, not realizing it was actually part III. I don't think the stories tie into each other, though. I have all three now, but don't remember if I finished the first one, but I think I remember enjoying what I had seen of it. Still haven't seen part 2.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:gonna give urban legend a go, and call it a night.
New watch? Havent watched that one in a while.
nah, it's nothing new. but i haven't seen in a while either. it's a guilty pleasure, i guess. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I made a buddy of mine buy Magic years back. I kept telling the fucker to watch it, too. Took him years, he finally watched it this week and is kicking himself for not watching it sooner. Even I almost kicked him. :p
flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

I guess I put my last post in the wrong place, sorry...I lost my focus for a while yesterday, took a little break, and now I am back.

Most of the movies I have watched have been first time viewings, and most of them I have liked. Magic was one of those, Blue Sunshine, and The New Daughter were a couple more.

Ones that dragged on, that I had to push myself to keep watching were Daughters of Satan, Snow Creature, and The Strange and Deadly Occurrence.

Thoughts?
flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

Although I have never watched it before this month, over the years I have heard about it of course, so I sort of knew what to expect. I felt sorry for him in the beginning. The movie itself moved along fine, for me anyway, more than others I have watched for this. But just when I thought what was going to happen, it threw me a curve. I overall liked it, and I wonder myself what took me so long to watch it!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Magic, right?

Yeah, I was pretty blown away when I first saw it. I was more surprised at the time that I had never heard of it. This must've been close to ten years ago. I think I bought it and watched it immediately. Hopkins did a phenomenal job.

I read a story too that on the first night that Hopkins took the dummy home to rehearse with it for the movie, he became so freaked out by it that he called the director in the middle of the night to come and get the dummy or else he was gonna throw it in the river. lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Firing up Killer Party now.

flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

Jason wrote:Magic, right?

Yeah, I was pretty blown away when I first saw it. I was more surprised at the time that I had never heard of it. This must've been close to ten years ago. I think I bought it and watched it immediately. Hopkins did a phenomenal job.

I read a story too that on the first night that Hopkins took the dummy home to rehearse with it for the movie, he became so freaked out by it that he called the director in the middle of the night to come and get the dummy or else he was gonna throw it in the river. lol.
Sorry, yes, talking about Magic. That is funny about the dummy though..never heard that story!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

flyingspider wrote:Ones that dragged on, that I had to push myself to keep watching were Daughters of Satan, Snow Creature, and The Strange and Deadly Occurrence.
I've seen The Strange and Deadly Occurrence - don't recall much about it. Snow Creature, though, was intolerably slow, even though it was just 71 minutes. Probably one of the worst horror flicks I've seen from the 1950's.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/