The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Post by Jigsaw »

Tiggnutz wrote:First time watching 1962 Carnival of Souls
Hope the version you're watching is of better quality than the most common print.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:
Hope the version you're watching is of better quality than the most common print.
Looks good to me
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Next up: Toxic Shark (2017).

Great title. Hoping for the best. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Looks good to me
I'm really transfixed on the lead actress
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Looks good to me
Absolutely love this movie!

I have been in the studio and learning my new job. I haven't even watched one movie. Ugh. Gonna remedy this tonight.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Looks good to me
Absolutely love this movie!

I have been in the studio and learning my new job. I haven't even watched one movie. Ugh. Gonna remedy this tonight.
What a movie I was glued from the opening scene. A wonderful example of great casting and a captivating story being far far more important than budget. A+
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

So glad Amazon Prime's House On Haunted Hill is not a bastardized color version like they did with Last Man On Earth and Night Of the Living Dead
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

When did IMDb change the release date of House from 1986 to 1985? lol. They've done this with more than a handful of movies I've noticed. Weirdos. I'm leaving it at 1986 when I update my tally.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:So glad Amazon Prime's House On Haunted Hill is not a bastardized color version like they did with Last Man On Earth and Night Of the Living Dead
I own two different DVDs of House on Haunted Hill. One in black and white that is a dual release with Don't Look in the Basement. The other is a DVD by itself, but with the option of watching it in color or black & white. I've still never seen the movie in color. Was also debating watching it for this challenge.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:When did IMDb change the release date of House from 1986 to 1985? lol. They've done this with more than a handful of movies I've noticed. Weirdos. I'm leaving it at 1986 when I update my tally.
Must have happened recently. Every six months I go through my ordered list of every horror movie I've seen and change the titles/years if IMDb does, and I still have House in my 1986.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Hey, D. To add more confusion on that Shelly F13 shirt, does it actually say Shelly the 13th on the shirt or is it just Shelly with the mask?

I assume it says Shelly the 13th on it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:When did IMDb change the release date of House from 1986 to 1985? lol. They've done this with more than a handful of movies I've noticed. Weirdos. I'm leaving it at 1986 when I update my tally.
Must have happened recently. Every six months I go through my ordered list of every horror movie I've seen and change the titles/years if IMDb does, and I still have House in my 1986.
Leave it at 1986. IMDb has been going partially retarded for years, and finally went full retard when they got rid of their message boards.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Leave it at 1986. IMDb has been going partially retarded for years, and finally went full retard when they got rid of their message boards.
I won't screw with altering my list now anyways. I'll look into it once I add all my viewings from October on the first day of November.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Toxic Shark was dumb fun. Have to admit, aside from the last twenty minutes or so, I mostly had a blast. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Rewatch of The Funhouse
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Started The Mutations (1974).

It has both Tom Baker (the Fourth Doctor) and Donald Pleasence in it, so I'm sure it'll be fine, but the first three minutes feel like one of those 70's science class documentaries.

I swear I'm already drowsy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:Rewatch of The Funhouse
Damn. We really should all honor Tobe Hooper this challenge, shouldn't we?

I already got TCSM in. Maybe I'll go with Funhouse and Poltergeist at some point.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Despite the fact that it's Pleasence who is narrating about carnivorous plant life (he's teaching a college course, by the looks of it), those first seven minutes were the driest thing I've ever witnessed.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

I think i'm gonna give Satanico Pandemonium a watch, because I need something older to get the bad taste of the last few shitty new movies out of my mind. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Havok wrote:I think i'm gonna give Satanico Pandemonium a watch, because I need something older to get the bad taste of the last few shitty new movies out of my mind. :P
Looks like a hoot.