October 12th 2017

The daily chat room.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

October 12th 2017

Post by Tiggnutz »

It's almost Friday :D Are any of you Californians near these wildfires? I can't remember so many catastrophic events so close together before.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: October 12th 2017

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:It's almost Friday :D Are any of you Californians near these wildfires? I can't remember so many catastrophic events so close together before.
Climate change, it’s not just a theory anymore.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote:It's almost Friday :D Are any of you Californians near these wildfires? I can't remember so many catastrophic events so close together before.
Yeah, close enough to smell it and get ash and shit. And know some that had to evacuate, but no one who lost their house knock on wood.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Yep. Lots of people I know have suffered the 3 hour plus traffic commutes because of it.

But not close enough to be in danger. I could see the smoke residue from a distance though. It's like the usual smog, but less brown and more gray :P
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
C'mon Jason.....keep the political stuff in the P&R section!

Errrr.....wait.....it's Seb. Never mind because I agree. :lol: :lol:
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:
I don't blame the climate change for the fires though, that's more just jackasses that keep setting them.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
There are fires every day in this dump. There's a reason they call socal a dumpster fire. It literally is one!
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
There are fires every day in this dump. There's a reason they call socal a dumpster fire. It literally is one!
Buh dum tshhhhh. You guys seriously stay safe! How long does the bad wildfire season last? A month or summat?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Buh dum tshhhhh. You guys seriously stay safe! How long does the bad wildfire season last? A month or summat?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Seems like Summer through Fall. At its worst when the Santa Ana winds pick up, which is about right now, because that shit spreads it even worse.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It’s made worse by elevated temperatures according to a few researchers. Which is climate change.

Also worth highlighting that stating scientific fact isn’t really “political”.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:It’s made worse by elevated temperatures according to a few researchers. Which is climate change.

I want to agree, but the peaks around here still haven't touched the 117 from over ten years ago.

But then I'm technically in a valley (armpit), so my area probably isn't going to be as effected as everywhere else.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

wonder woman was awesome. back to horror, now.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:It’s made worse by elevated temperatures according to a few researchers. Which is climate change.

Oh wow, so a couple of less homes and things would have burned because if this scientific elevated temperature and climate change weren't in effect?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

It's almost like temps go up and down. Amazing!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

My city is hitting record low temps for this time of the month. Neared the 30s late at night. :D
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:Image

It's almost like temps go up and down. Amazing!
Exactly. Up because we are causing global warming. Down because China is taking the lead on environmentalism whilst you regress to the Stone Age.
Deadbydawn
Charter Member

Post by Deadbydawn »

Like D said, Cali fires are mainly started by idiots trying to bong it up in dry fields.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Deadbydawn wrote:Like D said, Cali fires are mainly started by idiots trying to bong it up in dry fields.
Yes but the fields are drier in these conditions. :P it’s not like climate change causes automatic combustion, I agree with you both there.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Deadbydawn wrote:Like D said, Cali fires are mainly started by idiots trying to bong it up in dry fields.
Yes but the fields are drier in these conditions. :P it’s not like climate change causes automatic combustion, I agree with you both there.