Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more dr

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Yes, because I am too dumb to work the system and chose a life of working to grow businesses. Unfortunately I have chosen the path of being a single male who pays in far more than I consume.
well, here's hoping that all of those losers who don't live their lives in the way that you do are punished for it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Yes, because I am too dumb to work the system and chose a life of working to grow businesses. Unfortunately I have chosen the path of being a single male who pays in far more than I consume.
well, here's hoping that all of those losers who don't live their lives in the way that you do are punished for it.
Do you think removing a parasite from its host is punishing the parasite?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
i don't think that doing a drug makes you a parasite.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
Your fiancée may disagree with that one.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
i don't think that doing a drug makes you a parasite.
The parasitic part is when they leech off of society.

Again, most of the users do not realize they are actually abusers.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: The parasitic part is when they leech off of society.

if they are "leeching", and they don't at least try to improve their situation, then i would say they're parasites.

how do you determine who is an abuser and who isn't? how are you to know how many are, and aren't? it is a nice slogan though. :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:

if they are "leeching", and they don't at least try to improve their situation, then i would say they're parasites.

how do you determine who is an abuser and who isn't? how are you to know how many are, and aren't? it is a nice slogan though. :P
Simple, when you do something in the face of consequences. When you use it as a means of escape. One would hope people would innately know that using mood altering drugs beyond a rare occasion points to a problem.

It is the same stupid logic being re-employed from the past where people would drink to "calm their nerves".
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Simple, when you do something in the face of consequences. When you use it as a means of escape. One would hope people would innately know that using mood altering drugs beyond a rare occasion points to a problem.

It is the same stupid logic being re-employed from the past where people would drink to "calm their nerves".
using it as a means of escape? is taking a tylenol to help with a headache also abuse, in your estimation?

what consequence are they doing it in the face of? unless you mean just about it being illegal, then fair enough, i guess.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

using it as a means of escape? is taking a tylenol to help with a headache also abuse, in your estimation?

what consequence are they doing it in the face of? unless you mean just about it being illegal, then fair enough, i guess.
Do you understand the difference between heroin and a blood thinner? Why do you think people abuse painkillers, mood alterers, and psychotropic drugs at a very high rate but not blood thinners, cholesterol lowerers, and vitamins?

Any time people are high they are losing opportunity. It is lost time of clear thinking with friends, family, and work. The pursuit and defense of drugs that cloud the mind is a waste of precious life.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Man, I just need some whiskey to calm down. <--- rarely ends well
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Do you understand the difference between heroin and a blood thinner? Why do you think people abuse painkillers, mood alterers, and psychotropic drugs at a very high rate but not blood thinners, cholesterol lowerers, and vitamins?

Any time people are high they are losing opportunity. It is lost time of clear thinking with friends, family, and work. The pursuit and defense of drugs that cloud the mind is a waste of precious life.
i know there is a difference. i was wanting to understand your bit about "means of escape".

and now even the defense of drugs is a waste of life? :P
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

i know there is a difference. i was wanting to understand your bit about "means of escape".

and now even the defense of drugs is a waste of life? :P
You know anyone who obsesses over Tylenol? Know anyone who wears a Tylenol tablet on a hat or shirt? Any Tylenol festivals? Anyone who make Tylenol part of their identity? Anyone who really looks forward to settling down later with Tylenol?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
You know anyone who obsesses over Tylenol? Know anyone who wears a Tylenol tablet on a hat or shirt? Any Tylenol festivals? Anyone who make Tylenol part of their identity? Anyone who really looks forward to settling down later with Tylenol?
hmm... so sex is a waste of life. then? :P

i believe that adults can make their own decisions as to how to live their life, what to take into themselves... so long as they don't harm someone else, or they don't try to force their choice / lifestyle onto someone else.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

i believe that adults can make their own decisions as to how to live their life, what to take into themselves... so long as they don't harm someone else, or they don't try to force their choice / lifestyle onto someone else.
Are they inflicting harm on society when society is forced to subsidize their lives, because their choices fucked them up?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Are they inflicting harm on society when society is forced to subsidize their lives, because their choices fucked them up?
i guess so, as much as anyone else. there are many choices made that can fuck a person up. should we all live like monks?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

i guess so, as much as anyone else. there are many choices made that can fuck a person up. should we all live like monks?
Everyone should live with the top priority of supporting them and their family before anything else comes into the picture. Substance abuse, laziness, and excuse making are rampant.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Everyone should live with the top priority of supporting them and their family before anything else comes into the picture. Substance abuse, laziness, and excuse making are rampant.
agreed. people should do that. but that does in no way mean that you have to live like a monk.

let me ask are you looking for people to be responsible, or looking for taking things away that could potentially make them not responsible? cause this whole argument very much seems like the second.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

agreed. people should do that. but that does in no way mean that you have to live like a monk.

let me ask are you looking for people to be responsible, or looking for taking things away that could potentially make them not responsible? cause this whole argument very much seems like the second.
Looking for people to be responsible. They can have all the drugs they want, but get rid of welfare, food stamps, disability, and unemployment.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Looking for people to be responsible. They can have all the drugs they want, but get rid of welfare, food stamps, disability, and unemployment.
i say no to that too. :P those are good programs for people in need. (like jason, if he could get it) but just make it less abuse-able.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

i say no to that too. :P those are good programs for people in need. (like jason, if he could get it) but just make it less abuse-able.
You can't be a drug user and a moocher. You must choose one!!!