50 Scariest horror movies ever

Anything that doesn't fit into the above categories.
zombie
Administrator

Re: 50 Scariest horror movies ever

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:What is this list, I don't even...
it is pretty all over the place. even confused as to whether it's meant to be a scariest or a best list, within the article itself. :P

but i don't like the hate being thrown around for some cool stuff, like carrie and candyman. :P
Sorry zombs, everyone knows that putting Human Centipede as top 10 scary when it is nothing more thank schlock shock (and the idea was better than the execution) is taking the piss.
i beat you to the human centipede jab. :P
You did, but that is the one that is glaringly wtf. Take it off and bump Psycho up and I think most of us would look at that as a pretty generic but innocuous top 10 even for "scary", with the exception of the Wicker Man (as much as I loathe Rosemary's Baby, I can concede to D's point).
so what would you include in place of human centipede, then?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Unless I keep missing it...where the fuck is the original Nightmare on Elm Street?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Havok wrote: Goodnight Mommy can just go fuck off as well. What's scary when the fucking twist is given away within the first minute of the film?
My man! The idea of that "twist" could of actually worked decently well too, why they butt-fucked it right out the gate is beyond me. And then continued for the rest of the flick as if they weren't even trying!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
it is pretty all over the place. even confused as to whether it's meant to be a scariest or a best list, within the article itself. :P

but i don't like the hate being thrown around for some cool stuff, like carrie and candyman. :P
Sorry zombs, everyone knows that putting Human Centipede as top 10 scary when it is nothing more thank schlock shock (and the idea was better than the execution) is taking the piss.
You did, but that is the one that is glaringly wtf. Take it off and bump Psycho up and I think most of us would look at that as a pretty generic but innocuous top 10 even for "scary", with the exception of the Wicker Man (as much as I loathe Rosemary's Baby, I can concede to D's point).
NOES84
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Unless I keep missing it...where the fuck is the original Nightmare on Elm Street?
Nowhere.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:

I just said I'd be fine with bumping Psycho up, and it's known I don't like that flick.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote: so what would you include in place of human centipede, then?
NOES84
very good choice.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Havok wrote:They also must of polled a lot of black people coming out of Get out for it to rank on this list. Good movie, but it doesn't belong on the list.

Goodnight Mommy can just go fuck off as well. What's scary when the fucking twist is given away within the first minute of the film?
Was it polled? Seemed like just one magazine's opinion, which usually they aim for broad, which does explain why us hardcore horror fans are reacting miffed.
Yeah, it was just a figure of speech. I'm sure it's some casual horror fan who looked at other lists and then compiled films that might've made the author jump a few times or possibly some unconventional storytelling methods?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:

I just said I'd be fine with bumping Psycho up, and it's known I don't like that flick.
i meant that wasn't on the list already, as you'd be removing one. so it wouldn't be a top 50 anymore.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

also, martyrs sandwiched between halloween and tcm for any list is pretty weird to me. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:

i meant that wasn't on the list already, as you'd be removing one. so it wouldn't be a top 50 anymore.
Well then obviously I'd throw NOES on there.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

I can't wait to get Jig's opinion on this list and the lack of Scooby Doo on Zombie Island.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Havok wrote:I can't wait to get Jig's opinion on this list and the lack of Scooby Doo on Zombie Island.
It's gonna be a heart-breaking scene. One day that boy will become a man, Havok. And you must be there to field his tears of joy when he gets his cherry popped.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I don't recall if I've seen Martyrs, or I am mixing it up with something else (probably am). I have my doubts of its placement as well though.

And 28 Days Later's high placement. I like the movie and all, but also not much to go one in the scare department that wasn't already covered in other landmark zombie movies before it.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I don't recall if I've seen Martyrs, or I am mixing it up with something else (probably am). I have my doubts of its placement as well though.

And 28 Days Later's high placement. I like the movie and all, but also not much to go one in the scare department that wasn't already covered in other landmark zombie movies before it.
About 45 minutes or so of a Shotgun toting teenager and her friend shooting up a house the main girl was held hostage in years earlier. Then the rest of the film is constant beatings and torture of the best friend of shotgun girl in hopes of finding out if the existence of a God exists. It's more or less brutal and shocking, instead of scary.

28 Days Later shouldn't be on the list either. Good story, but not list worthy.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I don't recall if I've seen Martyrs, or I am mixing it up with something else (probably am). I have my doubts of its placement as well though.

About 45 minutes or so of a Shotgun toting teenager and her friend shooting up a house the main girl was held hostage in years earlier. Then the rest of the film is constant beatings and torture of the best friend of shotgun girl in hopes of finding out if the existence of a God exists. It's more or less brutal and shocking, instead of scary.

28 Days Later shouldn't be on the list either. Good story, but not list worthy.
Sounds familiar, but also sounds like a blur of other "brutal" movies, lol. I guess I'll have to revisit (or see it) for the next Challenge.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

No Exorcist? lol. But Human Centipede makes the top fucking ten.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

First there's bad. Then there's sooo bad it's good. Then there's sooo bad it's just fucking bad. Then there's this list.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i think they just pulled titles out of a hat. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Whoever made that list, I would deny their membership if they registered here.