11-1-17

The daily chat room.
Lunachic
Charter Member

11-1-17

Post by Lunachic »

Happy 1st of the month . Family here wants to take me up to Dallas for weekend , I told them thanks but no thanks
So 8 different family members called or texted or stopped by to say hey woman you are going to Dallas , you need to get out and about my reply still no thank you ... my aunt tells me last night that I have to go because there is a huge surprise party planned for me . Dang it ! Is it selfish not to want to go ? I mean I don’t want them to think i am ungrateful but I don’t want to go :cry:
Dental work today . Only one cavity to fill so it shouldn’t be to agonizing :?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: 11-1-17

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Why Dallas of all places? It's so far out of the way. I haven't been there since I was a little kid and never felt the urge to go back, even if I was scouting TCM2 filming locations.

San Antonio has everything you pretty much need as it is. Including 2 theme parks (unless they built more since I left in 97).

What area do you live in San Antonio?
dave626

Post by dave626 »

Welcome back. Missed you, Luna. While it is nice they are thinking of you and want to do something for you, they should be respecting your wishes and your location as well. This is not about them. This should be about you and what you want. The thought that counts and all that. There should be an understanding, especially after everything you've been through recently. Your call, though. Do what's best for you. Don't let people guilt trip you. Family wouldn't do that. Shouldn't. Thanksgiving, Christmas, all coming up, do it then if you feel up to it. Give it time. Or have one or some come to you. Your birthday, your rules.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Subtle surprise party.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

ava and luna, nice to see you both back. :)
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Lunachic wrote:Happy 1st of the month . Family here wants to take me up to Dallas for weekend , I told them thanks but no thanks
So 8 different family members called or texted or stopped by to say hey woman you are going to Dallas , you need to get out and about my reply still no thank you ... my aunt tells me last night that I have to go because there is a huge surprise party planned for me . Dang it ! Is it selfish not to want to go ? I mean I don’t want them to think i am ungrateful but I don’t want to go :cry:

You say selfish like it's a bad thing. Sometimes being selfish is about knowing what you want/need and not letting others guilt you into suffering for their benefit. Do what you need to do for yourself, selfish or not, anyone who cares about you should understand that sometimes being selfish isn't about hurting other people but protecting yourself. If they can't figure that out, well fuck 'em.

PS- Good to see you and Ava around here again :)
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Why Dallas of all places? It's so far out of the way. I haven't been there since I was a little kid and never felt the urge to go back, even if I was scouting TCM2 filming locations.

San Antonio has everything you pretty much need as it is. Including 2 theme parks (unless they built more since I left in 97).

Dallas is where one of my Uncles lives , he is hosting party at his house
North East San Antonio , Bexar County .. pronounced Bear County , Bout 15 minutes from Rolling Oaks Mall
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

dave626 wrote:Welcome back. Missed you, Luna. While it is nice they are thinking of you and want to do something for you, they should be respecting your wishes and your location as well. This is not about them. This should be about you and what you want. The thought that counts and all that. There should be an understanding, especially after everything you've been through recently. Your call, though. Do what's best for you. Don't let people guilt trip you. Family wouldn't do that. Shouldn't. Thanksgiving, Christmas, all coming up, do it then if you feel up to it. Give it time. Or have one or some come to you. Your birthday, your rules.
Thanks , Dave
Good to see you here
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Lunachic wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Why Dallas of all places? It's so far out of the way. I haven't been there since I was a little kid and never felt the urge to go back, even if I was scouting TCM2 filming locations.

North East San Antonio , Bexar County .. pronounced Bear County , Bout 15 minutes from Rolling Oaks Mall
Yep, I know Bexar county, though I was in the northwest territories. Near Ingram Park Mall (googlemapping it, I could've walked to it).
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

zombie wrote:ava and luna, nice to see you both back. :)
Hey there Z , nice to see you as well
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Dream wrote:
Lunachic wrote:Happy 1st of the month . Family here wants to take me up to Dallas for weekend , I told them thanks but no thanks

You say selfish like it's a bad thing. Sometimes being selfish is about knowing what you want/need and not letting others guilt you into suffering for their benefit. Do what you need to do for yourself, selfish or not, anyone who cares about you should understand that sometimes being selfish isn't about hurting other people but protecting yourself. If they can't figure that out, well fuck 'em.

PS- Good to see you and Ava around here again :)
Good to see you , I am utterly exhausted . Mind and Soul
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Lunachic wrote:

Yep, I know Bexar county, though I was in the northwest territories. Near Ingram Park Mall (googlemapping it, I could've walked to it).
I’ve been to Rolling Oak Mall and North Star so far ... tons of stuff to do in this town for sure
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Never been to Rolling Oak. Rarely went to that side of the city, except when going out to the Natural Bridge Caverns and that wildlife reserve.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Never been to Rolling Oak. Rarely went to that side of the city, except when going out to the Natural Bridge Caverns and that wildlife reserve.
In light traffic I am about 15 minutes from there , maybe 20