Should MotW be brought back?

An in-depth, month-long discussion of various films selected by HMF members.

Bring back Movie of the Week (MotW)

Yes
45%
No
9%
Unsure
No votes
Don’t care
9%
Too low participation. Make it Movie of the month.
36%

Total votes: 11

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Should MotW be brought back?

Post by Reign in Blood »

Try and create a poll now. After doing new topic it should be towards the bottom left with options and upload attachment. Let me know if this fucked something else up.

Also, we don't want to get too crazy with subforums. These forum specific permissions have to be applied to each and every one of them, there is no select a bunch and then apply button or some shit. And each additional subforum we add has to be maintained (from what I know at least). I just had to do that shit 3 times over, as while it appears there is multiple ways to do this, only 1 fucking way worked and of course it was last one I tried because Cunts, the whole lot of em.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I now have the option, yes. Many thanks.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jigsaw wrote:I now have the option, yes. Many thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytzIjqPwdxc
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I now have the option, yes. Many thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytzIjqPwdxc
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I knew you'd like that, J. I use that line all the time on good peeps.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Movie of the month sounds good to me. It's more likely people will get around to watching it and discussing it that way.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Monster wrote:Movie of the month sounds good to me. It's more likely people will get around to watching it and discussing it that way.
Not based off my experience. ;)
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

I am in
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Here's my counterproposal to the idea of having a movie of the month:

Let's do it weekly for four to six weeks, and see how high/low participation is. We haven't had regular MOTW's for how long now? I feel as though we should at least try to do a movie of the week for a little before making it a movie of the month thing (which I still find a bad idea, but that's beside the point).
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Sounds reasonable.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

You wanna try this out with Lord Of The Dead or one of Michael Taylor Pritt's films as a test run?

I can provide links to the videos on here, so it won't be one you'll have to search for. If the test run works, then the following month we'll go back to the old way we did things.

Just tossing the idea out there.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

For MotW, can we try to pick readily available things that are likely to be on Netflix or similar as a start? Because often the obscure picks get no participation because of that.
flyingspider

Post by flyingspider »

Sure, I will do this! Sounds interesting.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Havok wrote:You wanna try this out with Lord Of The Dead or one of Michael Taylor Pritt's films as a test run?

I can provide links to the videos on here, so it won't be one you'll have to search for. If the test run works, then the following month we'll go back to the old way we did things.

Just tossing the idea out there.
Sadly, Sebastian is right, at least to start with.

You know that I will gladly watch one of Pritt's films, and maybe another member would, but if we want to test participation levels, we should probably choose more well-known films (at least in the beginning).

Just my thoughts.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I just think getting enough of us involved early on might be good. Though October Challenge May have gotten a few too many of us watching a few too many films.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Ok, October is done, who'd like to try out a MotMW depending on how we feel? And if we're up for it, who'd like to suggest a first film, something we can all presumably access?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

showa58taro wrote:Ok, October is done, who'd like to try out a MotMW depending on how we feel? And if we're up for it, who'd like to suggest a first film, something we can all presumably access?
I'm down for it, but I'm definitely not going to choose a film - I don't have a great track record with picking ones that others like.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Netflix UK has these ones I haven't seen:

Office
Funhouse Massacre
#horror
The Silenced

There's probably others, but those are a few that looked interesting.

Amazon Prime has a few too:

The Colony
The Trap
Revelator
Pitchfork
Volumes of Blood

Again, Amazon actually seems to have an infinite number of horror films, some of them veritable C-list type ones like Haunting Storm, Wolfgirl, Ghost Bride of Dracula etc, which whilst fun are definitely not good films.

Any of those available to people?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I feel like whatever we watch, at least one of us should have already seen it - if we all go in blind, and we all end up hating the film, I feel that's probably not the best way to start out trying MotW again.

For instance, I don't know anything about #horror, and it might be a good movie, but that doesn't really sound like something we should start with. :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jigsaw wrote:I feel like whatever we watch, at least one of us should have already seen it - if we all go in blind, and we all end up hating the film, I feel that's probably not the best way to start out trying MotW again.

For instance, I don't know anything about #horror, and it might be a good movie, but that doesn't really sound like something we should start with. :P
There’s Train To Bistan on there. But I feel like everyone saw that one recently.