MMA

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Jason
Administrator

Re: MMA

Post by Jason »

For the sake of not creating another thread for one boxing match, I'm gonna comment on the GGG/Canelo fight in here, as well as the UFC stuff.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

GREAT round 5 in the GGG-Canelo fight. I got it 3-2 GGG, so far. First two for Canelo. 3, 4 and 5 for GGG.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Fight declared a draw, but Golovkin absolutely won this fight. I had it either 9-3 or 10-2 for him. Being generous to Canelo, it is still a 7-5 win for GGG. It was a split draw. One judge scored it 118-110 for Canelo. I don't think she (yes, she) knows how to score fights.

To be honest, I expected a split decision or even a win for Canelo based on biased judging. Surreal, and another incredible fight ruined. This was one of the greatest boxing fights I've ever seen live in my entire life.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Man. My dude just got totally blitzed. He was looking like he definitely belonged in that cage with Mike Perry until he turned it on at about the one minute mark of the first round. Just a different level fighter. This is partly why I bowed out. The money isn't there unless you fall through the cracks and reach the top, and it's so god damn hard to get that good. I have no idea what kind of money Alex made, but I guarantee it wasn't worth it. The UFC owes him a full camp and a fight at his original weight of 155 for stepping up, though. If he never fights in the UFC again, it will be robbery of human life.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:This is partly why I bowed out. The money isn't there unless you fall through the cracks and reach the top, and it's so god damn hard to get that good.
Nevermind. Rockhold obliterated the dude in the main event. It's obv. in my genes. I'm making a comeback. :p
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Branch tapped to strikes? How often does that fucking happen?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:Branch tapped to strikes? How often does that fucking happen?
It used to happen a lot. I think it happens less now because the refs are more prone to quickly stop it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:Fight declared a draw, but Golovkin absolutely won this fight. I had it either 9-3 or 10-2 for him. Being generous to Canelo, it is still a 7-5 win for GGG. It was a split draw. One judge scored it 118-110 for Canelo. I don't think she (yes, she) knows how to score fights.

To be honest, I expected a split decision or even a win for Canelo based on biased judging. Surreal, and another incredible fight ruined. This was one of the greatest boxing fights I've ever seen live in my entire life.
Well, she does check off two diversity boxes. Now you can hire the best qualified for the other two judges.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

One judge scored it a draw too, though. This fight was 100% GGG.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

What the hell is Paige Van Zant doing? I mean... I'd like to know, but I guess ultimately I really don't give a shit. :p

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

When will McGregor learn that douches have never been in style?: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/conor- ... 45994.html
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

He's a total moron. He's got something going with the microphone, but Chael did it more than 1,000x better. Dude is just an idiot. He doesn't deserve that spotlight. He's a decent fighter, most outlandish on the mic but he's mediocre at it.

The "boy" thing is where I will defend him. Making racism out of nothing is the specialty of media.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:When will McGregor learn that douches have never been in style?: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/conor- ... 45994.html
Chael breaks down that incident as only Chael can. Dude's a treat to listen to.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It's fucking happening!!!

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

What's your prediction?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Holm, Unanimous decision.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

You think she can beat a dude?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Yeah, she'll beat Wanderlei in December.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

No me gusta!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I fucking love the sherdog forums. lol. Another GOAT-level thread.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/im-a- ... y.3625747/