What are you watching?

You can talk about anything here
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: What are you watching?

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Justice League

D fucked me. I could not stop looking at Cavill and his fucking upper lip.

But at least Ciaran had great presence vocally.
AHAHAHAHAHA
It was so distracting. And it felt like it was in most scenes, begging the question, what did they shoot with him before the fucking reshoots.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHA
It was so distracting. And it felt like it was in most scenes, begging the question, what did they shoot with him before the fucking reshoots.
Whedon probably shitcanned all but one shot with Supes.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

from what i've heard, all of the superman stuff in the movie was shot after snyder left.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:from what i've heard, all of the superman stuff in the movie was shot after snyder left.
The only time I didn't notice any weird upper lip was during his revival scene (oops, spoilers). The opening shot was the most obvious, and hilarious. From what I heard, Most was reshot, mostly during the 3rd act, but Superman was always there when Snyder was still doing things.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:from what i've heard, all of the superman stuff in the movie was shot after snyder left.
The only time I didn't notice any weird upper lip was during his revival scene (oops, spoilers). The opening shot was the most obvious, and hilarious. From what I heard, Most was reshot, mostly during the 3rd act, but Superman was always there when Snyder was still doing things.
i didn't mean that snyder didn't film anything with supes, but just that none of that was still in the film by the time it got wide release. allegedly. :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHA
Whedon probably shitcanned all but one shot with Supes.
That seems likely. But Superman was clearly shot for at least a bit of it. How none of it got in I just will not know.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
i didn't mean that snyder didn't film anything with supes, but just that none of that was still in the film by the time it got wide release. allegedly. :P
I dunno, that Clark vs. Everyone scene felt very Snyder in its action, with a few inserts from Whedon. If that was all Whedon, he did a good job replicating Snyder-style.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:
I dunno, that Clark vs. Everyone scene felt very Snyder in its action, with a few inserts from Whedon. If that was all Whedon, he did a good job replicating Snyder-style.
i still have not seen the movie, so i'll take your word for it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote:
zombie wrote:
i still have not seen the movie, so i'll take your word for it.
Hey, it's a compliment to Whedon if it was all him, is what I'm saying.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

zombie wrote:

Did you check out Red Letter Media? They did a lot of good insight on this.

The supes v all scene was originally Snyder but also then Whedonified. You’ll notice those scenes were in the original trailer/teaser but as night scenes. Whedon made it daytime.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:

Did you check out Red Letter Media? They did a lot of good insight on this.

The supes v all scene was originally Snyder but also then Whedonified. You’ll notice those scenes were in the original trailer/teaser but as night scenes. Whedon made it daytime.
I did notice shots that were in trailers were brighter on film.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Think the studio remembered the reception of BvS and decided to up the contrast on every shot. It’s why the Suoes suit looks so gaudy and the bat suit looks so wonkish. Meant for darker scenes.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:Think the studio remembered the reception of BvS and decided to up the contrast on every shot. It’s why the Suoes suit looks so gaudy and the bat suit looks so wonkish. Meant for darker scenes.
I was thinking the same. Look at the opening Batman scene and the background for an example. The greenscreen background looks like someone brightened up the levels in photoshop and it didn't look realistic anymore, and I'm thinking under Zack the background probably looked good originally, and the producers told Joss to "lighten" it up. I noticed this more the second time around (watched it a second time Sunday)
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

showa58taro wrote:Think the studio remembered the reception of BvS and decided to up the contrast on every shot. It’s why the Suoes suit looks so gaudy and the bat suit looks so wonkish. Meant for darker scenes.
I was thinking the same. Look at the opening Batman scene and the background for an example. The greenscreen background looks like someone brightened up the levels in photoshop and it didn't look realistic anymore, and I'm thinking under Zack the background probably looked good originally, and the producers told Joss to "lighten" it up. I noticed this more the second time around (watched it a second time Sunday)
That is the sense o got with a lot of scenes. They genuinely brought up the lighting by any means possible to get rid of the old dark DC styles we had in previous iterations. Very crazy that this feels rushed despite all the time spent.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:
That is the sense o got with a lot of scenes. They genuinely brought up the lighting by any means possible to get rid of the old dark DC styles we had in previous iterations. Very crazy that this feels rushed despite all the time spent.
There wasn't much time spent though, even without the reshoots, it didn't start filming till a week after BVS was released last year. For a big movie, that's an incredibly short amount of time there. They should have bit the bullet and pushed it into 2018, and fix the FX, rather than rush for 2017. Sure, they'd get bad press for delaying release, but pfft, damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'd rather take the hit with better FX.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Apple and Cherry Pie done. Pumpkin Roll Done. Turkey prepped and ready to go . Sweet Potatoes done.. most of it is all done
I am hoping to sneak away after we all eat . No one here likes pumpkin pie :o so I did not make one
chillin now as I watch The Autopsy of Jane Doe.. really enjoyed this the first time I watched it
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

that girl has some snow white skin and some big hooters
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

No tongue.. well I guess guys can look at her 2 ways.. 1. She won't ever bitch. 2. No play on the ole Skin Flute... The Cum Gun.. Cupids battering ram.. the heat seeking moisture missile .. The Deepvdriver .. The Piss weasel... The quiver bone.. ding dong mcdork... the beaver basher.. you know the tallywacker :lol:
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

I love Brian Cox.. excellent actor
think he was the original Hannibal in Manhunter
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Watching Field of Dreams