Re: What are you watching?

Post by showa58taro »

The Wire was pretty damn immense.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:The final season of Breaking Bad.

Try as I might, I will never understand how any one person finds anything else to be better than this. This show is the pinnacle of perfection.
No dragons ldo

Children
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:The final season of Breaking Bad.

Try as I might, I will never understand how any one person finds anything else to be better than this. This show is the pinnacle of perfection.
because everyone has different tastes is the reason. :P breaking bad is like the godfather of tv. great quality, but doesn't mean that everyone has to hold it as the greatest ever.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I don't think Breaking Bad ever missed a beat. Every episode was perfect. Can't say the same for Game of Thrones, but the characters and overall story put it ahead of BB for me.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I bought The Wire the complete series last week. Never seen a lick of it. I reckon I'll start that sucker up after the GOAT that is Breaking Bad.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I liked Breaking Bad alot but not as much as Game of Thrones or Walking Dead.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote:Image
He's the best part of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Mike is a muthafuckin O.G. pimp 8-)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The best part of Breaking Bad is the evolution of the character of Walter White.

However, yeah, Mike is a total badass. Totally believable acting all around. Mike didn't have to say a word, but we can easily tell that this dude has lived through all the shit and is just fucking tired.
Gus is my 2nd favorite character behind Walt-enberg.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Relive Breaking Bad without dedicating yourself to watching the entire show.

This is the greatest fan tribute video I have ever seen. Whether it be a song cover, highlight reel, anything. So well done.

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:I don't think Breaking Bad ever missed a beat. Every episode was perfect. Can't say the same for Game of Thrones, but the characters and overall story put it ahead of BB for me.
No. That fucking episode with the fly was a waste of everyone’s day.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:I don't think Breaking Bad ever missed a beat. Every episode was perfect. Can't say the same for Game of Thrones, but the characters and overall story put it ahead of BB for me.
I liked that
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
I liked that
I did not. Weird fucking episode that screeched the momentum of that season to a halt. Absolute ball-ache.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
I liked that
I did not. Weird fucking episode that screeched the momentum of that season to a halt. Absolute ball-ache.
There was more character development in that episode than any other. Walt expressing remorse and emotion about that "incident" that occurred in Jesse's life that shattered him emotionally was the first time we got to hear Walt's true take on it.

Every tv show runs low on budget and needs a filler episode here and there. Breaking Bad, as if it couldn't be any more brilliant, used their "filler episodes" for character development. Sure, the story doesn't progress, but the characters are what make the show exactly what it is.

This isn't some mindless, Hollywood, big budget, mega-explosion, superhero spectacle, Sebastian Taro Groth. This is god damn brilliance executed through writing, acting and a camera.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
I liked that
There was more character development in that episode than any other. Walt expressing remorse and emotion about that "incident" that occurred in Jesse's life that shattered him emotionally was the first time we got to hear Walt's true take on it.

Every tv show runs low on budget and needs a filler episode here and there. Breaking Bad, as if it couldn't be any more brilliant, used their "filler episodes" for character development. Sure, the story doesn't progress, but the characters are what make the show exactly what it is.

This isn't some mindless, Hollywood, big budget, mega-explosion, superhero spectacle, Sebastian Taro Groth. This is god damn brilliance executed through writing, acting and a camera.
Disagree. You’re holding it up as a shining beacon to justify your love for it. And that’s fine, but it dies have flaws.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Disagree? How is what I've said about that episode incorrect? I'm not holding it up to a pedestal any higher than the one the show created for itself.

You say I'm trying to justify the dullness of an episode to preserve my love for the show. Maybe I say you're not seeing the episode for what it really is.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i think you're being a little bit dishonest with your defense. particularly with "This isn't some mindless, Hollywood, big budget, mega-explosion, superhero spectacle" as if any of the other episodes were that. like the episode better than seb does. think he's being too critical. all fair. but don't make excuses for it, where they don't apply.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I loved that Fly episode. Very entertaining, and a nice paraphrase of Walter's lapse into controlling obsession. Each time I go through the show, I get excited to watch the insanity of that episode.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:i think you're being a little bit dishonest with your defense. particularly with "This isn't some mindless, Hollywood, big budget, mega-explosion, superhero spectacle" as if any of the other episodes were that. like the episode better than seb does. think he's being too critical. all fair. but don't make excuses for it, where they don't apply.
Don't quite follow. Please reword.

Also, no dishonesty. The "Hollywood spectacle" nonsense was me twisting the rebuttal to suit my zinger agenda ( :D )