Administrator

Re: March 14th 2018

Post by Tiggnutz »

Windy cold shitty
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Got some rain again. Which is good. But of course, locals are all acting like it's a massive storm and keeps coming back.

Bitch please, if it could maintain anything more than a drizzle for 30 minutes, I would be impressed.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Did Stephen Hawking contribute more to society as a pop culture icon than as a scientist?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

No disrespeck, but he did no more than act as a modern day enlightenment thinker, imo.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

His own thoughts on it were that among the scientific community he was just another physicist. But, because of his disability, his views were given a boost as a "see what the disabled can do, you can too!" motivational type of thing. His views and theories were seen as brilliant even among other scientists, but so are the majority of scientific views and theories. The one thing he did do really well was to make his theories a little more accessible to the public and he had a good sense of humor about his achievements and failures which made him likable.

That being said, he cheated death for like 50 years so, while it sucks for his family that they lost him, they had a lot more time with him than they were supposed to have and I hope they lived their lives with that knowledge and truly treated each day like it could be his last cause it very well could have been at any moment.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:Did Stephen Hawking contribute more to society as a pop culture icon than as a scientist?
Maybe. Does either make him less or more smart, in your opinion? Or respected?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Dream wrote:His own thoughts on it were that among the scientific community he was just another physicist. But, because of his disability, his views were given a boost as a "see what the disabled can do, you can too!" motivational type of thing. His views and theories were seen as brilliant even among other scientists, but so are the majority of scientific views and theories. The one thing he did do really well was to make his theories a little more accessible to the public and he had a good sense of humor about his achievements and failures which made him likable.

That being said, he cheated death for like 50 years so, while it sucks for his family that they lost him, they had a lot more time with him than they were supposed to have and I hope they lived their lives with that knowledge and truly treated each day like it could be his last cause it very well could have been at any moment.
This is a good take. I agree.