Has The Donald Lived the Ultimate Life?

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Has The Donald Lived the Ultimate Life?

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Actual crime stats for context and why the two are not commensurate in awfulness.
B1848279-90A6-44C5-AE70-0062C625402D.jpeg
Did they employ a wizard and a psychic to help them with those "statistics"?
No. They employed statistics, math and analysis. Which is a fuck ton more than you and your “hunch” so unless you can find “alternative facts”. . .
So, what is the methodology of counting acts between two people that neither decide to share? This is so interesting.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:a rapist is far worse than a false accuser. i can't believe this thread.
Has HMF jumped the shark?

Many people are wondering this imo btw tbh.
wtf jk
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:a rapist is far worse than a false accuser. i can't believe this thread.
Has HMF jumped the shark?

Many people are wondering this imo btw tbh.
wtf jk
ikr kthx bby
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Jason wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I think Trump is a colossal Douchebag but I do find the chicks who used to guzzle his goo coming forward thing interesting.
I find it interesting how a plethora of rookie athletes get accused of the same shit the minute they get their rookie contract.

Women like that are exactly as bad as the men who actually rape.
You believe people who lie are as bad as people who commit rape? That's pretty fucked up dude and you clearly don't understand rape. One of the most vile things I've ever read ever.Disturbing
Glad I’m not the only one not ok with that bullshit
If a woman you accidentally bumped into on the train accused you of raping her and you get sent to prison while your wife and children think of their father as a rapist, you might feel differently.

No. I wouldn’t. Because my morality is not based on inconvenience.
You can quit pretending otherwise. Your life is shattered, your wife and children think of you as a rapist and you're in prison. But you're not affected, because you've still got your morality and only you know it!

Yeah, not buying that nonsense for a split second.
Not the point. Even if I, despite there being no reason to think I’m ever in such a position, get accused of those things and all that, I’d still view rape as far and away the more serious, egregious, abhorrent and repugnant crime if the two. I’d still know that morally, rape is significantly worse an act, than lying.

I could still be outraged at whoever accused me and want to maintain my innocence without having to pretend it was as bad as rape.
A great way to have it happen is for people to believe you have money. Drag a $20 bill through the trailer park and you can catch all kinds.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Just want to ask this:

Do you guys think a non-violent crime can ever rise to the level of a violent crime? If you accept this is possible, I believe my position makes more sense.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Actual crime stats for context and why the two are not commensurate in awfulness.
B1848279-90A6-44C5-AE70-0062C625402D.jpeg
Did they employ a wizard and a psychic to help them with those "statistics"?
No. They employed statistics, math and analysis. Which is a fuck ton more than you and your “hunch” so unless you can find “alternative facts”. . .
So, what is the methodology of counting acts between two people that neither decide to share? This is so interesting.
That would be magic. Luckily that’s not what I or the graphic said. Most of it stems from a variety of victimization surveysca d other firms of inquiry.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:Just want to ask this:

Do you guys think a non-violent crime can ever rise to the level of a violent crime? If you accept this is possible, I believe my position makes more sense.
Whats the worst non-violent crime?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

maybe. i need more to go on.

one specific false accusation fall out may be equally as damaging as a rape. but that does not mean that rapists and false accusers are equal.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:

one specific false accusation fall out may be equally as damaging as a rape. but that does not mean that rapists and false accusers are equal.
But at least you acknowledge they could be.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:

Whats the worst non-violent crime?
Like every crime, it depends on the moment doesn't it?

Right now, our society has revved the social justice engines at certain types of crimes. It is not static.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

But at least you acknowledge they could be.
acknowledge that a false accuser could be equal to a rapist? probably not. :P a rapist does all the harm and damage themselves. a false accuser only accuses. the damage and harm comes from the people around it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote: acknowledge that a false accuser could be equal to a rapist? probably not. :P a rapist does all the harm and damage themselves. a false accuser only accuses. the damage and harm comes from the people around it.
err... a rapist does the most of the harm and damage. the people around it can cause damage on top of it.