Top 10 Sequels?

Anything that doesn't fit into the above categories.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Top 10 Sequels?

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Evil Dead 2? So we are including remakes now.
not a remake.
Just a film with the same characters going to the same place for the same adventure.
Continuing the adventure started in the original, with a recap at the beginning. Sequel.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Evil Dead 2? So we are including remakes now.
not a remake.
Just a film with the same characters going to the same place for the same adventure.
one same character (or two if you count the first few minutes) but new characters too, and a very different tone. it's a sequel.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Aliens is horror. Evil Dead 2 is no remake
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I could never understand how so many people considered Evil Dead II a remake. Even as a snot nosed teen it was still obviously a sequel.

The beginning is fairly clearly a recap. I say fairly, because the actress wasn't the same and the other characters weren't involved. But the elements from the first were there. Immediately when the recap ends it takes place EXACTLY where Evil Dead left out. The entire rest of the film is so fucking different from the original, how confusion arose about it being a remake is baffling.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Tiggnutz wrote:Aliens is horror. Evil Dead 2 is no remake
this.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:I could never understand how so many people considered Evil Dead II a remake. Even as a snot nosed teen it was still obviously a sequel.

The beginning is fairly clearly a recap. I say fairly, because the actress wasn't the same and the other characters weren't involved. But the elements from the first were there. Immediately when the recap ends it takes place EXACTLY where Evil Dead left out. The entire rest of the film is so fucking different from the original, how confusion arose about it being a remake is baffling.
If ED2 is declared officially a remake, I shall make claim that Army Of Darkness is too :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Leave Captain Supermarket alone you.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jason wrote:I could never understand how so many people considered Evil Dead II a remake. Even as a snot nosed teen it was still obviously a sequel.

If ED2 is declared officially a remake, I shall make claim that Army Of Darkness is too :P
Evil Dead remake then becomes the official sequel.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I dig how everyone was ready to Mutombo that weak shit by Seb allll the way outta here.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:I dig how everyone was ready to Mutombo that weak shit by Seb allll the way outta here.
Ah well, one can try. I thought Foo was on that track too and would jump in to rev the discussion up. However it looks like he's too busy trolling libs to talk horror. :D