Cops attack victim of fiery crash

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Cops attack victim of fiery crash

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Jason, explain why choosing not to hold the police accountable means that the criminal would serve a longer term in prison, since you continue to insist that the criminal will only serve six months while you press charges against the police. As I see it, either way the criminal gets off too light. But in my scenario, at least there's justice for bad policing.
Explain to me what actual harm the police did at all? I choose not to hold them accountable, because they did zero damage to the victim. Zero. You repeatedly called it "kicking the shit out of", while I call it wussy kicktapping. Don't pretend like those kicktaps did any harm to the dude. They thought he was the criminal for a minute. Did no harm to the victim. There is nothing to even fake outrage about. Their job is EXTREMELY difficult and they get paid shit for the sacrifices they make. The only one who should be held accountable for anything is the criminal for being the sole reason any of this even happened.
Every job has challenges. On a daily basis. We're all expected to perform and the minute we don't, it can all be taken away. Why should it be any different for them? They aren't exempt from accountability because they carry a gun.

Don't pretend it matters how "hard" he was kicked, this isn't an MMA thread and not a time for you to bro out and act like a tough guy. That's assault, period. The criminal is not responsible for the cops' failures, that's on the cops. They should have cared more about the well being of their families.
It does matter how hard he was kicked. Especially when you think they "kicked the shit out of him". They fucked up and assumed he was the suspect. Honest mistake, and you clearly don't realize how easy it is to make a mistake like this in the heat of the moment during a rapid criminal chase.

They very briefly thought they had the suspect and did absolutely no harm to the guy, Not worth ruining lives over.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:sorry for expecting accountability from police.
ImageImage
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Jason, explain why choosing not to hold the police accountable means that the criminal would serve a longer term in prison, since you continue to insist that the criminal will only serve six months while you press charges against the police. As I see it, either way the criminal gets off too light. But in my scenario, at least there's justice for bad policing.
Explain to me what actual harm the police did at all? I choose not to hold them accountable, because they did zero damage to the victim. Zero. You repeatedly called it "kicking the shit out of", while I call it wussy kicktapping. Don't pretend like those kicktaps did any harm to the dude. They thought he was the criminal for a minute. Did no harm to the victim. There is nothing to even fake outrage about. Their job is EXTREMELY difficult and they get paid shit for the sacrifices they make. The only one who should be held accountable for anything is the criminal for being the sole reason any of this even happened.
Every job has challenges. On a daily basis. We're all expected to perform and the minute we don't, it can all be taken away. Why should it be any different for them? They aren't exempt from accountability because they carry a gun.

Don't pretend it matters how "hard" he was kicked, this isn't an MMA thread and not a time for you to bro out and act like a tough guy. That's assault, period. The criminal is not responsible for the cops' failures, that's on the cops. They should have cared more about the well being of their families.
It does matter how hard he was kicked. Especially when you think they "kicked the shit out of him". They fucked up and assumed he was the suspect. Honest mistake, and you clearly don't realize how easy it is to make a mistake like this in the heat of the moment during a rapid criminal chase.

They very briefly thought they had the suspect and did absolutely no harm to the guy, Not worth ruining lives over.
Again, stuck on semantics. Did they kick him multiple times or not?

It's easy to make mistakes in every profession. The fear of fucking up is a great motivator. We all do our best and some fall short. These fellas fell short, best of luck to them in their future endeavors.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:

the london bridge cop was a hero. these cops were fuckasses. police come in all stripes. and that's where i have to leave it tonight.
Nope, you can't distinguish between good cops and bad ones. If you have a problem with one, you're attacking all of them. No room for nuance.
Congratulations on continuing to be wrong. I am generally very accepting of police and take each incident involving police case-by-case. In this instance, the only life that needs to be ruined is the criminal.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

This is a results-oriented world, not an effort-oriented world.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

the london bridge cop was a hero. these cops were fuckasses. police come in all stripes. and that's where i have to leave it tonight.
Nope, you can't distinguish between good cops and bad ones. If you have a problem with one, you're attacking all of them. No room for nuance.
Congratulations on continuing to be wrong. I am generally very accepting of police and take each incident involving police case-by-case. In this instance, the only life that needs to be ruined is the criminal.
When have you thought the police made a mistake they should have been held accountable for? Curious.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

It's easy to make mistakes in every profession. The fear of fucking up is a great motivator. We all do our best and some fall short. These fellas fell short, best of luck to them in their future endeavors.
"Kick"

Let's pretend the police were a minute slower to respond than they did in the video and the actual criminal got away, with no mistabe being made about the guy on fire. Nobody would be calling for their jobs. Not one person. There wouldn't even be one news article on this story. But because they briefly thought the victim was the suspect, it's a different story since the media has brainwashed shit loads of liberals in this country to think that the police are the bad guys.

"Kobe air balled twice. He fell short. Best of luck in Wal-Mart cashiering."
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:This is a results-oriented world, not an effort-oriented world.
Result: Criminal captured.
Civilians injured: One
Civilians injured by police: Zero
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

When have you thought the police made a mistake they should have been held accountable for? Curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8WZteSmQkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvGdEHOaoOI
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

"Kick"

Let's pretend the police were a minute slower to respond than they did in the video and the actual criminal got away, with no mistabe being made about the guy on fire. Nobody would be calling for their jobs. Not one person. There wouldn't even be one news article on this story. But because they briefly thought the victim was the suspect, it's a different story since the media has brainwashed shit loads of liberals in this country to think that the police are the bad guys.

More semantics about the kicks.

More "blah blah liberals blah blah".

More nonsensical comparisons of law enforcement to entertainment.

Any new tricks?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8WZteSmQkk
Nothing of a cop actually on duty? Wasn't even factoring in drunk driving or domestic abuse both of which are sadly prevalent among police officers.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Okay you added another one. Fair enough, that's a good example.

Do you not see how this militant police culture is bad for police as a whole?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

"Kick"

Any new tricks?
Nah. No point in trying to explain reason to a liberal mind.

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:

"Kick"

Any new tricks?
Nah. No point in trying to explain reason to a liberal mind.

So no? *shakes 8-ball*

That gif is basically how you respond to every post you don't fully grasp, but in word vomit form...not sure why you'd use Hurley there.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Okay you added another one. Fair enough, that's a good example.

Tasering a dude into a coma and causing life altering brain damage =/= kicktaps.

I gave in and derailed away from the argument with you to go out of my way and dig up two random incidents of police deserving to lose their jobs or worse, and you're now comparing those incidents to the kicktap situation.

R.I.P. thread. This was a tremendously entertaining dumpster fire up until that point. I'm out.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It's always weird when people want to cape for people who suck at their jobs. Always some favoritism toward the profession, of course, because you can't hold all of society to the standards of these jokers. Society would collapse.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Okay you added another one. Fair enough, that's a good example.

Tasering a dude into a coma and causing life altering brain damage =/= kicktaps.

I gave in and derailed away from the argument with you to go out of my way and dig up two random incidents of police deserving to lose their jobs or worse, and you're now comparing those incidents to the kicktap situation.

R.I.P. thread. This was a tremendously entertaining dumpster fire up until that point. I'm out.
I'm not "comparing" them, you are. :lol:
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And to be fair, it was refreshing for both of us to derail the argument and talk about something else after you tried like ten different arguments and nothing was hitting. You did us both a favor. :P

You really had to quickly throw together one last straw man as an "excuse" to leave the thread and take that L. Oh man. :lol:
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:The fact remains that you don't care if cops make mistakes that affect innocent people. My argument has been that more deserving candidates who are better at their jobs should take the jobs of fuck ups like these guys. Why do you want a weaker and less effective police force? Lot of people would love to have the opportunities these guys threw away.
One mistake, which could be the only mistake ever for this force as far as we know, is not enough to ruin their lives and the lives of their families who rely on them for support. Sorry. All over weaksauce kicktaps that did zero damage. Cry more.

Does it matter what the one mistake is?

Would a cop who rapes a victim they thought was a perp get the same "one mistake" get out of jail free card?
Or a cop who causes brain damage by putting a victim in a chokehold because they thought the victim was the perp?
Or a cop who steals from a victim cause they thought they had the right guy?

or just a cop who kicks a guy they think is a criminal?

For that matter, would it bother you at all if a cop did any of those things to someone caught shoplifting or does the extent of the crime matter in regards to what they can get away with doing to an unconvicted suspect?

I see cops similar to teachers. They are in a position of authority over others and are held to a much higher standard. Teachers don't get one free fuck with a student before they are fired, cops don't get one free assault before they are fired.

The person who caused the crash should be charged with attempted murder of, not only the victim who got assaulted, but also of any bystanders near the crash. The cops should be charged with simple assault and lose their jobs. If they can't handle the task of arresting people without assaulting them when they aren't resisting, they don't deserve the job.

Also, I could see "honest mistake" if the cops had just cuffed the victim and taken him in as well, they crossed the line when they assaulted someone who wasn't resisting. About the only way I could see it being an "honest mistake" is if one of the cops had kicked the guy while trying to get to another victim quickly, that would be a mistake. When you make the choice to kick someone, you should be held accountable for it. In this case, they made a choice and they should have to answer to the consequences of that choice, just like anyone else would. When they fuck up like this it puts a target on their fellow officers heads because their fuck up will result in a large settlement with the victim, which only takes money away from the police department, which means jobs are at risk as are citizens in need of a strong police force. A cop who causes a settlement because of a *choice* they made should not get the chance to cause more financial turmoil to an already strapped police force further down the line. The only time a payout shouldn't cost a cop his or her job is when it's a genuine mistake that could not have been avoided, i.e. a civilian shot or killed during a hostage situation or shoot-out between cop and criminal (and a payout should be applicaple only if a bystander or citizen is shot or killed, not the criminals)

Personally, I think my tax money is better spent on competent cops that don't cause my taxes to rise to cover the stupid choices they make in the heat of the moment. You know, the ones that actually do the job they were hired to do, their families are the ones that should be looked after.
Last edited by Dream on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That was perfectly put. I was so caught up in making the point that we're all at risk every day of losing our jobs over mistakes, I missed the obvious point that certain professions just clearly should be held to a higher standard. Good post.