Cops attack victim of fiery crash

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Cops attack victim of fiery crash

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Do you think the victim has a right to press charges against the police? It's fine if you wouldn't yourself, but would you morally object to others doing so? If you do object, that's kinda victim blaming.
The victim totally has that right, but I would certainly frown upon it. His anger should be directed at the guy who caused this mess, the guy who totaled his ride, the guy who set him on fire and nearly burned him alive, etc... That guy. Problem is, you get no money out of the criminal who caused the mess. So it's easy to sue and get a shit load of cash from the police force. The liberal way!
Okay, but you still seem hung up on this either/or scenario where anger can't be directed at multiple parties.

There wouldn't be an avenue to get money if the police didn't fuck up. You've got the cause and symptom mixed up.
You could be angry at the police. Angry enough to press charges and ruin their lives? Nah. Shouldn't be that angry.

If the police weren't there right away, the circumstances would be different and the dude could easily be dead because of this criminal. Don't forget that.
If I have the means to see that both parties are held accountable, I most certainly would. If I can't hold one to account, the other will do. Consider the payout an "extraordinary circumstances" citizen's wage, like winning the lottery for the rare times a person is totally wronged by our public servants. Boom.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It's more accurate to say they ruined their own lives by not performing at their jobs. Personal responsobility.

If your kid get suspended for beating up another kid at school, do you get upset at the kid on the playground who tells the teacher ? It's definitely victim blaming to say you're "ruining the cop's lives" when they're the ones who caused the problem.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

And yeah I realize they were in a high-pressure moment trying to do the right thing, but you know what? That's life. And it's their job. You don't perform at your job, you're a liability to the company.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

We've established you feel that way. This is like our 4th cycle through this. Wanna keep going? Can I watch Goldfinger plz? :p
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Just crossing my t's and dotting my i's, leaving no stone unturned etc...I've probably addressed everything by now. 8-)
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Every liberal is salivating now because we can finally get back to what's really important racial tension,cop bashing and identity politics.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

If those cops knowingly ran up and kicked the guy they knew was an innocent bystander than fire them all and lock them up. If they mistakenly thought it was the obviously dangerous criminal they were chasing than I just don't see the problem. Here's a thought for people in general,stop being a piece of shit and running from police it's a whole lot safer for you.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Tiggnutz wrote:If those cops knowingly ran up and kicked the guy they knew was an innocent bystander than fire them all and lock them up. If they mistakenly thought it was the obviously dangerous criminal they were chasing than I just don't see the problem. Here's a thought for people in general,stop being a piece of shit and running from police it's a whole lot safer for you.
it will be, so long as the bad ones are held accountable.

and like jason, i go on a case by case basis. most cops are good. some are heroes. some are shit, the shit deserve to be called out.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:If those cops knowingly ran up and kicked the guy they knew was an innocent bystander than fire them all and lock them up. If they mistakenly thought it was the obviously dangerous criminal they were chasing than I just don't see the problem. Here's a thought for people in general,stop being a piece of shit and running from police it's a whole lot safer for you.
it will be so long as the bad ones are held accountable.

and like jason, i go on a case by case basis. most cops are good. some are heroes. some are shit, the shit deserve to be called out.
I agree 100% zombs
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The problem would be that they didn't perform at their jobs. They fucked up. Badly. Which is grounds for dismissal. Incompetence cannot be protected.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Do you guys realize how moronic it is to even have to clarify that you don't hate all cops? Conservatives are as trigger happy with their assumptions as bad cops are with their use of force.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:Do you guys realize how moronic it is to even have to clarify that you don't hate all cops? Conservatives are as trigger happy with their assumptions as bad cops are with their use of force.
i let it slide, because conservatives will counter with assumptions made against them, regarding muslims or immigrants.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Everyone lumps everyone they don't like or fear together it's just human nature. It's wrong but it's human nature and everyone does it maybe some without knowing they do it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Do you guys realize how moronic it is to even have to clarify that you don't hate all cops? Conservatives are as trigger happy with their assumptions as bad cops are with their use of force.
i let it slide, because conservatives will counter with assumptions made against them, regarding muslims or immigrants.
They can cross those bridges when they get to them.

Any criticism of police is considered to be an attack on the institution as a whole. Suddenly people don't respect law and order because they don't want our cops approaching the job like Wild West bounty hunters. Add a star athlete and Americans' obsessive deference to symbolism over action (kneeling for the flag carries more weight than donating millions to charities) to the mix and it's all too absurd. Nobody wants to think anymore.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

Any criticism of police is considered to be an attack on the institution as a whole. Suddenly people don't respect law and order because they don't want our cops approaching the job like Wild West bounty hunters. Add a star athlete and Americans' obsessive deference to symbolism over action (kneeling for the flag carries more weight than donating millions to charities) to the mix and it's all too absurd. Nobody wants to think anymore.
Head it's a little more than that how would wearing socks depicting cops as pigs not be taken as an indictment of police in general.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:

Head it's a little more than that how would wearing socks depicting cops as pigs not be taken as an indictment of police in general.
Never said he didn't make mistakes and that was a bad look but hardly anybody actually remembers that one and it was out of the news cycle in a week. People STILL outraged that he didn't stand for the flag because to some, symbolic gestures of patriotism for public consumption are more important than actually doing something for your country. The point of the protest was to draw attention to a cause he has gone above and beyond to support, and people are stuck on the "way he did it" because to them, it's the easiest way to avoid engaging with Kaepernick's message. Lazy as fuck.

The right likes to talk about phony outrage, but nothing has been a bigger case of phony outrage than Kaepernick. Bunch of people on their high horses about how much more patriotic they are for standing up for one minute when 99% of them have done less for this country than he has. Sorry, people need to get a clue.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Sad reality is that while Kaepernick dedicates his time and money to uplift impoverished communities, a bunch of racist assholes dedicate their time to sending him death threats and hateful messages. And of course, from their POV, they're the true Americans. Not Kaepernick. Because they stand up for a minute at sporting events (and uh, other reasons).

The Kaepernick saga was even complete with the right's old trick of attempting to speak for all veterans as if they're not a diverse demographic with a wide range of opinions on politics and patriotism.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:Sad reality is that while Kaepernick dedicates his time and money to uplift impoverished communities, a bunch of racist assholes dedicate their time to sending him death threats and hateful messages. And of course, from their POV, they're the true Americans. Not Kaepernick. Because they stand up for a minute at sporting events (and uh, other reasons).

The Kaepernick saga was even complete with the right's old trick of attempting to speak for all veterans as if they're not a diverse demographic with a wide range of opinions on politics and patriotism.
First you are dividing everyone as left or right and that's just easy. Finding Kaepernicks actions offensive is widespread and not just by hardcore conservatives as you would portray. When did love of country become a right thing. I'm no conservative but it offended me yet I respect his right to do it just as I have the right to think he is wrong for doing it. Except the consequences of your actions not everyone thinks like you.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Seemed when money and a job were involved Colin forgot his strong convictions so reap what you sow
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Sad reality is that while Kaepernick dedicates his time and money to uplift impoverished communities, a bunch of racist assholes dedicate their time to sending him death threats and hateful messages. And of course, from their POV, they're the true Americans. Not Kaepernick. Because they stand up for a minute at sporting events (and uh, other reasons).

First you are dividing everyone as left or right and that's just easy. Finding Kaepernicks actions offensive is widespread and not just by hardcore conservatives as you would portray. When did love of country become a right thing. I'm no conservative but it offended me yet I respect his right to do it just as I have the right to think he is wrong for doing it. Except the consequences of your actions not everyone thinks like you.
Nah I was talking about a particularly repulsive demographic on the far right, not putting everyone else in a box, left or right. More sane people on the right and even some of the left also were offended, but still for bad reasons re-enforced by false narratives.

How does Kaepernick not love his country when he spends hundreds of thousands to millions out of his own pocket to help communities? Do you believe you can help your country more by standing for a song or by rebuilding neighborhoods and helping the underprivileged? And does it not mean anything to you that Kaepernick has been on record multiple times saying he meant no disrespect to veterans?

Nobody is saying he should evade consequences. He took a stand on something and the NFL didn't respect it. They are more comfortable allowing wife beaters to fill their rosters than someone who has done nothing criminal. It's a bad look for the league but I'm not gonna tell anyone how to spend their money.
Last edited by Headhunter on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.